SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once saved, always saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RedRiver

Carlisle

Once saved, always saved?

Hi brothers,

has any of you listened to Affabel by John Bevere?
it's brought up some very interesting questions in my mind about the whole subject of the doctrine of eternal security. My question is, if a true, born again christian ends up involved in carnal sin (adultary, for instance) for many years without any form of repentance and desire to change - are they eternally secure?

2007/1/15 16:31Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Once saved, always saved?

there has been many discussions about this before here im sure you can dig up some threads whit good posts in it, but as i understand there has always in all of christian history been two sides of this,
me for one i belive

1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they were of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out so that it might be revealed that they were not all of us.

explains it quite well.

2007/1/15 16:43Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

James 5 (NASB)

19My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back,

20let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

in His service

TJ

2007/1/15 16:49Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Quote:

RedRiver wrote:
Hi brothers,

has any of you listened to Affabel by John Bevere?
it's brought up some very interesting questions in my mind about the whole subject of the doctrine of eternal security. My question is, if a true, born again christian ends up involved in carnal sin (adultary, for instance) for many years without any form of repentance and desire to change - are they eternally secure?

A true Christian doesn't live in habitual sin like that period.

1 John 3:6
Whoever abides in Him does not (habitually practice) sin. Whoever (habitually practices) sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

2007/1/17 16:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy