Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anyone heard of Jason Upton

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Branded4him

Ohio

Anyone heard of Jason Upton

Has anyone heard of Jason Upton? some might like him hes a very annointed unique music minster. Hes unlike anything you have heard and hes real. Almost like a modern day Keith Green though I hate to compare people but you get the jist. www.jasonupton.com check him out. The music God gives him has blessed me greatly and the freedom he his in both his speaking and singing is beyond most stuff in christian music today. Most christian music is actually really ridiculous. If you get the chance please check him out tell me what you think.

2007/1/15 13:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Anyone heard of Jason Upton

I have listened to quite abit of Jason Upton in the last few years. I do have to say this that God has brought me past most of this "type" of worship music. It does sound worshipful and also some of the phrases do have worshipful alussions but I would have to say that if we are going to say this is it! and ditch hymns and other godly worship songs then we are missing God's best by far.

Here is a thread that recently came up that is applicable to read:

[b]Great Music![/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14250&forum=35

I find there to be a shallowness in Jason Upton's music and many other charismatic contemporary artists. I am not saying he is wrong or evil but that it seems its not the "best" type of worship music that we can find or listen to. Imagine singing jason upton songs to God in heaven! strange.

There is a big music section on SermonIndex.net I encourage you to delve into it:

[b]Godly Music[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=168

2007/1/15 13:42Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Our prayer group has really been blessed by Jason Upton's worshipping God style of worship. Before we start praying we play his and others CD's to get our heart focussed on the Lord, then we enter into prayer. I love him.

Also another wonderful worship team is:

John and Kim Rivera. My favorite is called
" Draw Near ". Check it out.

2007/1/15 14:16Profile
Santana

Re:

Yea, he's awesome. His album 'Faith' is the only album that can't be overkilled. Meaning I can hear it over and over and over and over and not get tired of it. For years now.

I also agree with Greg when he says that we can't forget about the hymns.

I feel if we eat all the Christian music the Christian industry feeds us, we will lose the true meaning of worship, ya' know?!

PS - I've been looking for this one song under Godly Music that I heard awhile ago but can't find now. It's 'Blessed be the name of the Lord'. It sounds like a youth group in a church basement somewhere but it's awesome!

2007/1/15 14:29Profile
wonserwonton

Longview WA

I'm a big fan of Jason Upton's music.

I was introduced to his Faith album about a year ago and then got it for my birthday last February. I haven't stopped listening to it since. It's so real.. so honest.

I mostly listen to him in the car. I'm also fond of Terry MacAlmon, but when I listen to him in the car I usually have to pull over and it takes me a half hour to get somewhere that should only take ten minutes. That's why I listen to Jason Upton while I drive. Jason Upton may not be like that or like any of the hymns, but who says he has to be?

I believe that Jason Upton is just a different kind of warrior than a lot of people, like Terry MacAlmon and others you'd hear nowadays. Jason has some really good teaching, as well. I wish I knew where you could get them, but I downloaded them from somewhere a while back and can't recall where it was. It might have been [url=www.fireonthealtar.com]here[/url] but I can't find them on there!

2007/1/15 16:01Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

wonserwonton wrote:
I mostly listen to him in the car. I'm also fond of Terry MacAlmon, but when I listen to him in the car I usually have to pull over and it takes me a half hour to get somewhere that should only take ten minutes.

Terry MacAlmon is my favorite worship artist. I love his music! He's very mellow!

2007/1/15 16:47Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I do have to say this that God has brought me past most of this "type" of worship music. It does sound worshipful and also some of the phrases do have worshipful alussions but I would have to say that if we are going to say this is it! and ditch hymns and other godly worship songs then we are missing God's best by far.

Yes, brother, and amen. God has also brought me past this type of "worship" in recent years. I say this in humility, but today when I hear this type of music, I feel disquieted because most people who feed off this stuff are babes in Christ being sold short. There's just something of a worldly element no matter how many times you hear the singer cry, "Jesus!" or "I love you, God" in the lyrics. I'm sure Jason Upton loves the Lord - and other worship artists of this type - but, for me, I can only go so far with it. I praise God that my tastes for godly music and prose have been irrevocably impacted by the glorious hymns of Wesley and Newton and Watts and Doddridge. I mean, why settle for the earthly stratosphere when you can sail beyond galaxies? Why settle for stale, tasteless bread when you can devour holy, honey-sweet manna?

I share Keith Daniel's sentiments: How did Satan manage to get us to ditch the holy hymns and bring the world's music into the church?

Brother Paul

2007/1/15 17:58Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

I wonder why Wesley, etc. would be any more inspired than godly men and women of today? Is there any greater anointing than the anointing no matter who operates under it?

I think the old hymns awesome. Lindell Cooley does some of the old hymns and they are wonderful and also John G. Elliott does a song I can't remember the title of but it is about if all the oceans were ink the sky parchment it still would be enough to tell about His greatness.

I love the treasures of God no matter who, or what era He uses.

2007/1/15 18:08Profile
ANewInHim

Re:

Quote:

Yes, brother, and amen. God has also brought me past this type of "worship" in recent years. I say this in humility, but today when I hear this type of music, I feel disquieted because most people who feed off this stuff are babes in Christ being sold short. There's just something of a worldly element no matter how many times you hear the singer cry, "Jesus!" or "I love you, God" in the lyrics. I'm sure Jason Upton loves the Lord - and other worship artists of this type - but, for me, I can only go so far with it. I praise God that my tastes for godly music and prose have been irrevocably impacted by the glorious hymns of Wesley and Newton and Watts and Doddridge. I mean, why settle for the earthly stratosphere when you can sail beyond galaxies? Why settle for stale, tasteless bread when you can devour holy, honey-sweet manna?

I share Keith Daniel's sentiments: How did Satan manage to get us to ditch the holy hymns and bring the world's music into the church?

Jason Upton has a peculiar anointing, much like Art Katz, the “type” of Anointing that grabs a hold of your heart and draws you to his feet. The type of anointing that says
(“_ _”) and (“_ _ _”) as well as (“_ _ _ _ _ _” – “_ _ _ _ _ _ _” – “ _”)e.

I agree Indeed. It is not the kind of music you would use right before prayer, but during your devotional time it’s the kind of music in my opinion not so much for a request or petition but in essence to bless him. We as a church have forgotten to Bless Him. I will say taht again, ew as a church have forgtoeen to Bless Him.

9N with all due respect, may we bless him today during our devotional time as siblings in the Kingdom of God let us not look back at what we can not find that was yesterday’s blessing, and this is today’s…Amen.

I bless You.
May I recommend Open up the Earth.

2007/1/15 18:21Profile
Branded4him

Ohio

Re:

I think people are totally taking the music of Jason Upton to an extreme level that is is not. I absolutely love old hymns. And i espcially treasure the value in which they were written. The life that went into writng such beautful words and heart. But I think many of you are putting Jason Upton in a category of certain artist you do not agree with their message. Just because it was written a hundred years ago does not mean it has no eternal value. And if any of you actually heard his music or read the lyrics you would see a vast differance from him than any other artist. He especially does not sound like any wordly artist. He is a special type of worshipper more of a preacher to music a message behind his music.He puts to shame many hypocrisy of todays church just like these men of God do on this site. Keith Green did not sing all old hymns and his music was traditionally modern in comparison. The messages in his music and go past the faith album are absolutely needed for today and I do not think we should look past them. I know many people who listen and take heed to the message of Jason music who are far beyond babes in Christ Groups who are well respected even by your site I am not going to mention names but I think such a statement is not at all true. On the other hand Jesus Christ is risen from the dead why settle on such a pety little discussion when the Lord of Lord is waiting for our attention. May God bless you all and please keep me in your prayers as will I in mine

Christ Servant and Yours
Daniel R. Cox

2007/1/15 18:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy