SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Something is wrong with this picture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
If you're not comfortable with your translation, change it. If you are, good.

So accuracy of what you're reading doesnt matter? Thats like saying "Make hamburgers out of whatever you want... beef, cardboard, marshmellows... it doesnt matter as long as you have something called a hamburger and you're eating it."

Krispy

And of course, you wear it out.

2007/1/16 7:36
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well the best thing was to go and learn Greek and hebrew, but if you dont have the time a good thing is to look at the holy men and women of God from past generations, if they "made" it whit their bible version i probably will to, or what do you think? if granpa lived a holy life whit the king james version, why cant i?
im not saying all versions are bad some probably better in some places, but still.... you get my point

2007/1/16 8:15Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Something is wrong with this picture

Same old same old.

2007/1/16 9:34Profile

Re:

Quote:

enid wrote:
Same old same old.

That's your fault, brother. Don't lay it at other's feet who only desire to have their senses made accute to what the Lord is saying; what has been hidden by those who pervert His gospel and is now being revealed to those who truly seek to know Him, to love Him. The old way is the best way and it is by revelation and insight and only to those who are hungry for that intimacy, who will settle for nothing less.

2007/1/16 9:48

Re:

Quote:
Same old same old.

Enid, you're always welcome to join in any conversation... but if you have nothing to add, or just want to be critical of those who want to discuss it, why not just ignore it? So far your comments have been the only divisive ones here.

Krispy

2007/1/16 10:10
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Did someone say something?

2007/1/16 10:12Profile

Re:

The truth is, guys, that we have had a lot of threads about Bible translation, and everyone throw in what they think. It just ends up as another argumentative thread and has no fruit.

Fix your eyes on Jesus and good things. Don't ignore these issues, but don't have another argument about them either.

2007/1/16 12:52

Re:

I would agree that we dont need another argument over Bible versions. However, lately I've noticed that new people have joined our little gathering here and a few have asked some honest questions concerning Bible versions... and while some of us from BOTH sides of the debate have tried to give them legitimate answers to their questions, some have also come on and mocked them for asking and claimed "Oh no... here we go again".

I dont think thats very fair to people who are honestly seeking answers. Yes, there has been plenty written about this debate. However, newer people may not be familiar enough with this website to know how to search for thread about this issue. So they simply ask a question. How do you think it makes people feel when they are belittled about asking a question? Or people start whining "oh here we go again??"

People say I'm divisive on this issue (mainly because I stand for the KJV and they disagree with me... so if I disagree with THEM, then I am divisive), but I'm merely asking that everyone show a little patience for newer folks to this thread, and newer believers. Yes, I know Ormly isnt a new believer, but I'm mainly speaking about several threads that have appeared on this forum in the last couple weeks started by new people to this forum.

It seems that the people who are causing the divsiveness on this issue are the ones who are mocking people for discussing it... not the ones who are discussing it. If the moderators (who do a great job here!) havent called a spade a spade, I will.

Krispy

2007/1/16 13:59
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Well ...

Thanks Krispy. I do think you have stated it well enough. By the way, have something at home I will have to link to ... It's very interesting, a bit of a different ... perspective, at least if some of the considerations can be considered. It has some very interesting things regarding those commisoned under King James to write that version.
Not in the 'conspiracy' vein, just some politcal ramifications and underpinnings ... You came to mind as I have been reading through it.

It is on a brothers site that has been here pretty infrequently at least in response that I am aware of, but it is very well written and also quite long, that ought to keep at least some of the controversy subdued :-)

Anyone read the bit on Mr. Petersen?

2007/1/16 15:20Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:

Anyone read the bit on Mr. Peterson?

I read some of the Eugene Peterson stuff. It reminds me of the time as a child I was involved with burning a group of trees down. Fire department. Grounded for the entire summer. It was not a good year.

A friend and I simply wanted to burn a small pile of leaves. You know what they say about good intensions…

I’m not concerned with Mr. Petersons intensions, but I am concerned about his “Message”. It scares me. Just like two children with a book of matches and a pile of leaves does.

The potential for damage is just too great a risk for my blood. I’m sure there are mature, well seasoned Christians that may be able to “handle” this book, but the risk of it getting into the wrong hands is too great for me.

If it helps ten thousand people to finally understand a problematic passage, but puts one in harms way, or Hell…is it worth it?

As for me and my family, we will not read The Message.

Peace be with you

TJ

P.S.

My earlier post on this thread was not about The Message, but the book that took out the words man and wife and marriage.

2007/1/16 16:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy