SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : In need of prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

In need of prayer

Earlier this week in the Paul Cain topic I shared about a situation involving a young man I've been reaching out to.

God pulled me into his life in exciting and dramatic ways, we would talk for hours about Jesus and he seemed genuinely excited and interested (as long as I would occasionally follow him outside for his smoke break, this took a lot on my part because I usually gag at the smell of tobacco).

He introduced me to two girls in his life, one that he was living with, and one that he was in love with. They didn't know eachother, in fact the girl that he was living with turned out to be pregnant as well.

It just so happens that the girl he's in love with is a member of a Vineyard which is heavily involved in prophesy, and someone had prophesied (conveniently) that even though he was a non Christian, that it was ok for the girl to have a relationship with him because she would lead him to Christ.

Well here I'm suddenly stuck in the middle of a nasty love triangle involving a pregnancy (which has now been aborted) and a girl convinced that it's the will of the Lord that she dates this guy.

In fact, she's so convinced that she should date this guy that she encouraged him to break things off with his other girl friend which lead up to the abortion! That was the clue for me that this wasn't the will of the Lord.

So here's when I make my big mistake and CONFRONT the girl about her being a hinderance to him coming to know the Lord... and I actually believed she would accept it. Boy was I stupid.

She turned around and parroted everything I said to her to him, now he's angry at me and I can't continue to witness to him... because now I'm the enemy that tried to break up his relationship.

Please pray for Justin, Grace and Amy! They need all the prayers they can get!

I sent an email to Justin explaining that despite everything that's happened, my whole desire is that he know Jesus as his Lord and Savior, and I plan to ask him to have a meal with me... I want to be a good witness, but I'm really inexperienced, I don't want to rely on any of my own wisdom or strength, but only on Jesus! Please pray for me!

Here's my last post on the topic:

Quote:
I recently had a talk with someone under this 'prophesy' teaching... I am reaching out to a young man I know, he's the typical Seattle guy, long hair, tattoos, cigarette smoke and free love and all.

I was able to have an open door with him because he's going through a lot of stuff and he knows I love Jesus, and he thinks Jesus might have some answers to his problems.

The only problem is that one of the two girls that he's seeing is a member of a vineyard that is very heavy on the prophesy teaching.

In fact, even though she is compromising her testimony by being in a relationship with him, she believes that her relationship will bring him to Jesus -why? Well because someone with the gift of Prophesy told her that her relationship with him was within the will of God.

So now I'm caught in the middle and he doesn't know whose Jesus to believe in! I'm really at a loss for words as what to do.

I really need to pray and meditate upon how to continue reaching out to him. I gave the Christian sister a copy of Melody Greens 'Why a Christian shouldn't date an unbeliever.' But I really don't think that anything got through!

Right now I just kind of want to walk away from the situation... oh yeah, and the other girl that he's in a relationship with is pregnant and will most likely get an abortion! Meanwhile the Christian girl with the prophesy as her ammunition believes that she's destined to be with this guy, so she's doing everything she can to get him to break off all contact with this non Christian girl who's currently pregnant with his child!

I want the gift of prophesy for rebuking! Come on! Sorry, I needed to vent about prophesy and this was the first place I could do it.

2007/1/15 1:07Profile

Re: In need of prayer

Brother, you and they are in my prayers. I'll try to remember to pray for you folks every night this week.

Please remember that it's not your fault if they aren't converted. And don't think it's your fault if that girl has an abortion. You did your duty by warning them and trying to lead them to Jesus:

"When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul." (ISAIAH 33:8-9)

"A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time." (ISAIAH 60:22)

My prayers are with you brother,

-Corey

2007/1/15 2:50

Re:

Bump. Respond people - this guy needs our prayers and support!

2007/1/15 17:30
Branded4him

Ohio

Re:

I will be in prayer for this matter.

2007/1/15 17:37Profile

I prayed for you last night into the wee hours of the morning. I'm still praying for you iansmith.

2007/1/15 19:18

Bump. Still praying for you Ian.

2007/1/15 22:22
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Thanks for your prayers, I'm waiting to recieve some wisdom on how to deal with this matter... they have my phone number and e-mail, I'm going to wait and see if they want to approach me.

2007/1/16 0:15Profile

Re:

I've been praying for them, too. Praying for you again... right... now...

2007/1/16 2:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy