Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question concerning your salvation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

I would agree in the sense that we are given a free will to accept the grace extended, that is the factor that determines who is saved and who is not. However the gift must be extended before it can be accepted or rejected.

Don't you think?

2007/1/12 12:57Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
I would agree in the sense that we are given a free will to accept the grace extended, that is the factor that determines who is saved and who is not. However the gift must be extended before it can be accepted or rejected.

Don't you think?

You are saying that man's Free Will is the determining factor in salvation. Does this mean that salvation is dependent upon something that man does or does not do?

2007/1/12 13:32Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

well I would say he has to say yes or no or there is no free will. God didn't want automations.

Are you saying man has no choice in it?

2007/1/12 13:35Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
Are you saying man has no choice in it?

What I am saying is that man's Free Will plays a part is salvation, but it is not the deciding factor. For to make man's Free Will the deciding factor would mean that salvation is based on something man does or does not do.

This would render Titus 3:3-7 void:
"3For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. 4But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

Salvation cannot be based on what man does or does not do. It must be based on God's mercy and grace.

I am not saying that man is an automation or a robot. What I am saying is that God in His grace must first save us, not by anything we do or don't do, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal through the Holy Spirit. It is at this point (after regeneration) that man desires to and is able to respond to God.

The Grace of God must be the deciding factor in salvation, not the Free Will of man.

2007/1/12 13:55Profile

Re:

Mahoney said on the first page:

Quote:
God had mercy on me and convicted me of my sin. By his Grace I turned from my sin and self, and recieved the free gift of His righteousness that is found in His Son, Jesus Christ. The end, period, end of story! Amen!

Hallelujah!!! And don't forget that when the Holy Spirit convicts you NOT to do something that's sinful, IN THE VERY MOMENT YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO IT, if you commit that sin you're in danger of hellfire!!!

The Holy Spirit convicted me of this truth last night.

God Bless You All.

-Corey

2007/1/12 20:32
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
Hallelujah!!! And don't forget that when the Holy Spirit convicts you NOT to do something that's sinful, IN THE VERY MOMENT YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO IT, if you commit that sin you're in danger of hellfire!!!

Please explain. Are you saying that a Christian is in danger of hellfire if they sin?

2007/1/13 16:05Profile

Re:

Quote:

Are you being serious?

2007/1/13 16:42

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy