Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question concerning your salvation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
JaySaved

Kentucky

Question concerning your salvation

This is a question concerning your salvation.

What was the deciding factor in regards to your salvation?

What I mean by that is this:
"The reason I am saved and another person is unsaved is because of ______."

Thanks in advance.

2007/1/11 17:37Profile

Re: Question concerning your salvation

I'll bite.

The only reason I am saved is because I am in Christ.

Meaning:

God had mercy on me and convicted me of my sin. By his Grace I turned from my sin and self, and recieved the free gift of His righteousness that is found in His Son, Jesus Christ. The end, period, end of story! Amen!

2007/1/11 19:19
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

So you are saying:

"The reason I am saved and another person is unsaved is because of the [u]Grace of God[/u]."

2007/1/11 20:41Profile

Re:

The reason I am saved is because of the Grace of God. Yes.

He sought me out. He convicted me of my sin, and led me to a place of repentance. The only reason I can stand before God, the only reason I can go to Him and talk with Him and He with me, the only reason I understand my bible, the only reason I can even see the wickedness that is in me apart from Him, the only reason I can obey Him, is because of the fully obedient Life, the death, and the resurrection of His Son Jesus which I receive from Him by Grace. Period, end of story,Amen!

2007/1/11 22:18
rookie

Re:

Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, Yea twice, though man regardeth it not.

Job 33:15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falleth upon men, In slumberings upon the bed;

Job 33:16 Then he openeth the ears of men, And sealeth their instruction,

Job 33:17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, And hide pride from man;

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, And his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:19 He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, And with continual strife in his bones;

Job 33:20 So that his life abhorreth bread, And his soul dainty food.

Job 33:21 His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; And his bones that were not seen stick out.

Job 33:22 Yea, his soul draweth near unto the pit, And his life to the destroyers.

Job 33:23 If there be with him an angel, An interpreter, one among a thousand, To show unto man what is right for him;

Job 33:24 Then God is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit, I have found a ransom.

Job 33:25 His flesh shall be fresher than a child’s; He returneth to the days of his youth.

Job 33:26 He prayeth unto God, and he is favorable unto him, So that he seeth his face with joy: And he restoreth unto man his righteousness.

Job 33:27 He singeth before men, and saith, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, And it profited me not:

Job 33:28 He hath redeemed my soul from going into the pit, And my life shall behold the light.

Job 33:29 Lo, all these things doth God work, Twice, yea thrice, with a man,

Job 33:30 To bring back his soul from the pit, That he may be enlightened with the light of the living.

I have found this section of Scripture to be a good example of how God saves men from the second death.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/1/12 2:53Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Thank you both for your answers. Anyone else?

2007/1/12 8:27Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Question concerning your salvation

by the grace of God I acknowledged I was lost and bowed my knee and heart and pleaded with Jesus to save me.

2007/1/12 8:30Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:

Goldminer wrote:
by the grace of God I acknowledged I was lost and bowed my knee and heart and pleaded with Jesus to save me.

Mahoney wrote:
The reason I am saved is because of the Grace of God. Yes.
He sought me out. He convicted me of my sin, and led me to a place of repentance.

Does God extend more grace to those who are saved than He does to those who are not saved?

What I mean by this is:
(Using Goldminers answer to illustrate)
"by the grace of God I acknowledged I was lost and bowed my knee and heart and pleaded with Jesus to save me."

Concerning the grace that God extended to you, your response was to turn to God. The question becomes, does God extend this same amount of grace to all men?

2007/1/12 10:11Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Dear JaySaved,

Absolutely.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Jhn 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, [but] grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Tts 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Hbr 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

[color=0000FF]I feel no attribute of God is ever diminshed. He is gracious to all men. Men just choose to reject that grace and therefore reap no benefit from it. If I graciously extend my hand to shake your hand you rejecting my hand doesn't take away from the graciousness I extended.[/color]

[color=660099]Act 10:34 Then Peter opened [his] mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:[/color]

2007/1/12 10:57Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Concerning the grace that God extended to you, your response was to turn to God. The question becomes, does God extend this same amount of grace to all men?

Goldminer wrote:
I feel no attribute of God is ever diminshed. He is gracious to all men. Men just choose to reject that grace and therefore reap no benefit from it. If I graciously extend my hand to shake your hand you rejecting my hand doesn't take away from the graciousness I extended.

If God extends the same grace to all men, then that cannot be the deciding factor of salvation. What I mean is that if two men both receive the same grace yet one believes and the other doesn’t then there must be another factor that determined the salvation of the one that was not present in the other.

Therefore you cannot say that "The reason I am saved and another person is unsaved is because of the [u]Grace of God.[/u]"

There must be something else...if I understand you correctly.

2007/1/12 11:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy