SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can Satan and his angels be saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Can Satan and his angels be saved?

Can satan be saved? If not. Why? If so. How?

2007/1/11 12:50
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Can Satan and his angels be saved?

I don't think so. Revelation makes it very clear that Satan and his angels along with everyone else whose name is not in the Book of Life will be thrown into the lake of Fire.

2007/1/11 13:08Profile

Re:

Quote:

MSeaman wrote:
I don't think so. Revelation makes it very clear that Satan and his angels along with everyone else whose name is not in the Book of Life will be thrown into the lake of Fire.

True. But what is the reason for their condemnation and how does this compare to us? Also, is it fair? There is a point I'm trying to make here. So don't worry. I'm not trying to justify satan or his angels.

J-bird

2007/1/11 13:13
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

J-bird wrote:
So don't worry. I'm not trying to justify satan or his angels.J-bird

Your not trying to be the Devils advocate? :-P

2007/1/11 13:20Profile

Re:

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
Quote:

J-bird wrote:
So don't worry. I'm not trying to justify satan or his angels.J-bird

Your not trying to be the Devils advocate? :-P

Right!! Wanna make that crystal clear. Don't wanna be identified with the Manson cult. In case you did'nt know God and the devil settled all their differences and are no longer enemies....weird..huh :-(

Anyhoo. Wanted to show that we are privelaged to have been born into sin, unlike the legions of angels and satan himself.

J-bird

2007/1/11 13:29
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

okay, I can't think big enough to figure out what made their fall worse than ours. my head hurts just trying. I will wait for your revelation... :)

2007/1/11 13:44Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re: Can Satan and his angels be saved?

Quote:
Can satan be saved? If not. Why? If so. How?

No. Satan cannot be saved.

Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 speaks of Satan's attempt to become a god.

Also, Acts 13:10 tells us that the devil is the "enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy,"

1 John 3:8 says, "Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil."

BTW, what is your purpose for asking this question? Surely you do not think there is hope for Satan...do you?

2007/1/11 14:00Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
okay, I can't think big enough to figure out what made their fall worse than ours. my head hurts just trying. I will wait for your revelation... :)

The real difficulty here is that we do not have 'revelation' and the alternative that many rush to is 'speculation'.

Angels are spirits. I'm not sure how time works for spirits. It is recorded of even a Jezebel in the Revelation that [color=0000ff]“...I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent.” (Rev 2:21 NKJV)[/color] I am not sure if spirits can be given 'time to repent'.

Adam's temptation was external but the angels' chose their own way without outside influence.

They have much more 'revelation' than human beings. [color=0000ff]““But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.” (Matt 24:36 NKJV)[/color]

The real issue is that we do not have a biblical revelation of the angels' story and it is only where their story touches ours that we have any insights at all.

Others may have more insights but this will certainly be one thread where my sign-off will fit the bill.

2007/1/11 14:02Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

I only meant 'revelation' in the context that J-Bird would reveal what his intentions behind the question were. ;-)

2007/1/11 14:05Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

JaySaved wrote:
Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 speaks of Satan's attempt to become a god.

Wasn't satan actually trying to replace God?

2007/1/11 14:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy