SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Son of Man?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Keisman

Zion, IL

Son of Man?

I was just wondering why did Matthew refer to Jesus as the Son of Man? What is the significance of that phrase because I know that God addressed Ezekiel as "son of man"? (Eze 2:1) If the purpose of the gospel of Matthew was to prove that Jesus was the Messiah shouldn't Matthew have referred to Him as something much greater than just the son of a man. Does son of man really mean son of a man because Jesus was the seed of God, not man? I also remember in Matthew Jesus' disciples refer to Him as "the Christ, the Son of the Living God." But Jesus warns them to not tell anyone that he is the messiah. I just have never understood these thing, so any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much!

2007/1/11 11:28Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Son of Man?

The real essence of the phrase 'son of man' is not from Ezekiel but from Daniel[color=0000ff]“As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the [u]Son of man[/u] came with the [b]clouds of heaven[/b], and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.” (Dan 7:12-14 KJVS)[/color]It is one of the fundamental Messianic passages of the Old Testament. If you notice the phrase "clouds of heaven" you will see the significance of the Lord's words in...[color=0000ff]Matt. 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the [b]clouds of heaven[/b] with power and great glory.

Matt. 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the [b]clouds of heaven[/b].

Rev. 1:7 Behold, [b]he cometh with clouds[/b]; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. [/color]These are all powerful claims to be the Messiah.

2007/1/11 13:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy