SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Free From Idolatry - by John Bevere

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Corneliu

Free From Idolatry - by John Bevere

Very interesting sermon, and very good (caution on "word of faith" and TBN references).

And he says that "he's happy to be" in Ted's church in Colorado. Is this Ted Haggard's church? And it is Bevere's home church too? If so, than God spoke to Ted clearly.

Though, I don't understand why God ultimetly exposed the sin by using the unbelievers. Shouldn't Holy Spirit sensitive christians be more in tune than the world and sense that somenting is wrong before the unbelievers?

2007/1/11 10:12Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Free From Idolatry - by John Bevere

For a year or so I followed John Bevere's ministry. So far as I can recall, Bevere has his "covering" at what was Haggard's church. I believe the sermon you heard was from 3 or 4 years ago though. I think the church is only Bevere's "home church" in a loose sense of the phrase. Bevere is very much an itinerant preacher, going all over the globe speaking at various conferences and churches. So far as I can tell, he's almost always on the road, and is booked solid for years to come.

However, I have had my doubts regarding Bevere's ministry of late. He seems to have gone soft in his ministry, and is simply another feel good charismatic preacher. He doesn't seem nearly as "prophetic" as he used to be in his early days.

*edit* Colorado Springs, the Antioch of the United States, seems to be the place where so many ministers flock to these days, and it seems to make so many of them go soft and dull.

2007/1/11 10:23Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Free From Idolatry - by John Bevere

I heard John Bevere speak last October. He didn't seem to be soft to me. He still very much emphasized personal Holiness and Fear of the Lord. I've read some of his books, but I don't follow his ministry closely. His newest work in October was about making sure you are doing what God has called you to in this life, so you won't miss out on rewards for His Glory or something like that.

edit: as for him being happy with Ted Haggard as a Pastor, if the pastor's sin was hidden, (as Ted's was for so long) why wouldn't you trust your pastor?

2007/1/11 11:06Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well, that's good to hear he's not gone soft. I saw him on TV a few times and he just seemed to have lost his edge.

2007/1/11 11:20Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:
For a year or so I followed John Bevere's ministry. So far as I can recall, Bevere has his "covering" at what was Haggard's church. I believe the sermon you heard was from 3 or 4 years ago though. I think the church is only Bevere's "home church" in a loose sense of the phrase. Bevere is very much an itinerant preacher, going all over the globe speaking at various conferences and churches. So far as I can tell, he's almost always on the road, and is booked solid for years to come.

This is true. I live in Colorado Springs and am good friends with a number of his employees in his ministry. I love John.

Quote:

However, I have had my doubts regarding Bevere's ministry of late. He seems to have gone soft in his ministry, and is simply another feel good charismatic preacher. He doesn't seem nearly as "prophetic" as he used to be in his early days.

*edit* Colorado Springs, the Antioch of the United States, seems to be the place where so many ministers flock to these days, and it seems to make so many of them go soft and dull.

This I do not believe to be true at all. There might be moments where he isn't as "strong" in his sermon as he normally is, but he is only human. Remember the countless number of people in Scripture that went "soft" at times in their life.
I don't think he has gone soft, personally, but if it appears that way, it is only temporary.

If I can just say this without sounding condemning - Every state in America has a number of "soft and dull" preachers, which is partially why the American church is in the "state" it is in.

2007/1/11 13:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy