SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bulletin Bloopers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

More Bloopers

Have only just discovered this thread, and have a few to add if I may (going to anyway :-P )

Two answers in a Religious Education test:
"Pontius was a pirate"
"Zaccheus was a taxi collector"

There's also the (apocryphal?) prayer: "Lord, please bless Mrs Jones. She's had all her teeth taken out and a new fireplace put in..."

And my mother always thought of pickles when a lady habitually thanked God for His "keeping power"

Someone in our church used to complain because of all the "loose livers" there were these days. While appreciating and agreeing with her concern I couldn't help thinking "That sounds painful"

And the often heard: "Where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there am I in the mist"
- A bit of a foggy arrangement?

I was on the phone to a friend once when she suddenly said, "John 8:1". Which confused be because her son is called Jon, and seemed to have nothing to do with the conversation. I said, "One what? ...What did Jon eat? ...You said, 'John ate one', so what did he eat?"

It took us quite a while to untangle that one!

I'm so glad the Lord gave us humour - what a blessing. Though, like seasoning on food, to be used sparingly and with wisdom!

Jeannette

2007/1/28 17:34
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: More Bloopers

Just wanted to bump this thread up to the front again for anyone who needs a good laugh.

I like to revist this thread every so often.

2009/5/17 21:31Profile
Grace2016

Re:

I'm crying---really:

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote:

The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.

Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7:00 p.m. Please use the back door.

2009/5/17 23:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy