SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Personal Witness Encounter, Part 10

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

A Personal Witness Encounter, Part 10

I would like to share more of the many witness encounters that I have experienced last year and now 2007, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7,000 an hour!

PART 10

Last week, whilst witnessing in our local town, I noticed our former Mayor.

Through the years this man-he’s very approachable I should add-but sadly not to the Gospel-walked up to me. It had in fact been many weeks since last I saw him. And he looked rather washed out.

“Where have you been? I thought you were dead?”, I enquired.

“Oh”, he said, “I’ve been very ill with “Bells Palsy”, you know. Awful thing to get. Took it out of me I’m still not a hundred percent.”

“I'm sorry to hear it”, I replied offering him one of our Bible tracts, which he always takes. But what he does with them later I do not know.

“But did you know we are informed in the Bible, that you will neither know the time or the place. Would you be ready to meet your maker Mr. Mayor if death had come?

Remember 7,000 people die each hour.

With this alarming information he looked down and said, “Well…I don’t know about that…do any of us what’s going to happen to us?”

And of course he is correct. But as Born Again Christians we know we are guaranteed never to taste the fires of Hell. He sadly does not have this promise. He has in fact been told this information before and like many others refuses to accept it.

I talked some more with him, telling him about the healing by Jesus of the woman with the rare blood disease (Mark 5:25.) I’m not sure why I spoke about this miracle to him but he listened and nodded in agreement. Perhaps he had heard it before.

Many atheists are able to quote selected Scripture when it suits them I’ve noticed. Interesting isn’t it?

“Listen”, I said “on the back of all our tracts you will see a number where we can reached by phone. If this happens again I will come around if you wish and read a Bible passage to you. If you have a favourite chapter let me know. Is that OK.”

He nodded-thanked me-and went his way.

This offer has also been given to a life long Communist that James and I know. (Please see our video interview with him online.) We have both witnessed to him over the years. Sadly it seems to make no difference what we tell him.

I suppose what I am saying is that these two elderly men think they have all the time in the World. They don’t. There are millions just like them who one day, unless they repent of their sins, are doomed to walk that wide terrible road to oblivion.

So please pray for these two lost men if you can.

Remember what Jesus said: “He that believeth on me hath everlasting life” (John 6:47.)

2007/1/10 12:51Profile
Xtian

Colorado

Re: A Personal Witness Encounter, Part 10

I read a few of your witnessing threads and I just wanted to say thanks and to keep up the good work.

For the last few years I have gotten more involved in actively witnessing (specifically going out to witness and open air preach, something I want to do more of on a regular basis). The cool thing is that I find is that my walk with Him has gotten much closer and focused. Being obedient brings much freedom and simplicity.

Keep it up! :-)

2007/1/15 22:54Profile
JGB321

Re:

Thanks for your feedback and prayers.

We saw the old Mayor last Saturday. He's too agnostic for my liking and jokes about the Bible and Hell. However, I think its just his nerves and he's trying to cover up his fear of death and judgement.

Will keep all interested updated.

2007/1/16 10:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy