SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules

[b][u]Welcome to SermonIndex[/u][/b]

You are about to enter a vast resource, a continuing expansion of thought from a variety of past saints, many who have since passed through the trial of death and have been preserved and resurrected here to speak once again to us all.

[b][u]The Forum[/u][/b]

Since it's inception, the forum here has been many things. A great fellowship, a 'church' at heart while in it's unorthodox form and fashion often resembling both a battleground and a hospital. This can be both edifying as well as divisive. We hope to address a few of the misconceptions and concerns at the outset so that everyone will be on the same level footing as to what is acceptable and that which is not.

[u][b]What it is not[/b][/u]

It is not a 'chat room'.
It is not a place to bring an agenda regardless of intentions.
It is not a place for promotion of ones self, website or wares.
It is not 'denominational' while gleaning from many.
It is neither legalistic nor 'anything goes'.
It is not a place for politics, politicians, policy's nor particular support thereof. More on this below.*

[b][u]What it is[/u][/b]

It is first and foremost a privilege.
It is a gathering of saints now throughout the world.
And that alone may be the most important factor to keep in mind at all times.
It is a place to share, discuss, listen, think and grow into all things in Jesus Christ.
It is bible based.
It is for the most part "KJV" preferred, but not "only".
It is apostolic in it's desire to return to Old Paths;

Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

It is in aim and undergirding Revival.
A Revival of God's thought.
Of others and lastly, ourselves.
It may be said that this is the mindset, better the heart set that resides back of intentions and motivations to all that is expressed on SermonIndex.

It is a longing for, praying for, a Revival of the same substance that is expressed through the many resources available here.

It is this foundation and focus while fostering a great freedom of discussion within some practical guidelines.

[u][b]What you can expect[/b][/u]

To be challenged unto growth in Christ
To be misunderstood.
To misunderstand others.
To be asked questions.
To be in the midst of some very experienced saints, not a handful who have walked with the Lord for many, many years.
To find like hearted Brethren as well as 'likemidnded'.
You will likely at some point be offended.
You will be blessed.
You may weep tears of joy and tears of sorrow.
You may have your theology turned inside out and upside down.
You may have yourself exposed in way's you never thought possible by your own words and thoughts as well as by those who care for your souls.
To be prayed for.

[b][u]What we expect[/u][/b]

Conduct, consideration and charity.

As illustrative, picture yourself entering a home for the first time. You are a guest. You are polite. You wipe the mud off your shoes before entering. You make an introduction. You carry yourself with respect to your host.

Hopefully, you get the idea here. We have found that hosting a forum has all kinds of inherent difficulties.

Communicating in this manner with so many different cultures, upbringings, education and lack thereof. To add even more weight is the place anyone of us may be in this walk as disciples of the Lord, we all were spiritual 'babes' in Christ at the inception of a new birth, an important reminder that needs to be reflected on often.

We must keep well in mind that expression of spiritual matters is often difficult enough, sometimes even impossible. Let us bear with one another with patience and understanding.

[b][u]What is not tolerated[/u][/b]

Slander. Ill-will. Unnecessary accusations, comments.

The issue is one of order rather than control. We allow as much patience as possible for corrections and apologies. Please make your corrections with a follow up reply, rather than by use of the edit function. There has been a misuse of this in the past where whole sections have been removed from an ongoing thread, making it now disconnected, like removing pages from a book. Please use the edit function for spelling corrections and if needed within the body of a post, please add a footnote to that which has been changed and why.

[b][u]*Politics[/u][/b]

We have found it necessary to curtail political discussion here for a variety of reasons. It is primarily out of step with the manner and thrust of Sermon Index in it's intention and we have found little good to come from an allowance of things based politically into the discussions. It is unfortunate, but the results have shown that policy and pundits of secular government are divisive enough inherently and while that is neither here nor there, it is again that which would have little to do with this sites intentions. Moreover, where we have allowed it in the past it is almost always that of the Western hemisphere and largely American politics that wish to be argued over. This is a ministry borne out of Canada and gone out into all the world, rarely has the politics of other nations been brought forth for discussion and overall very little of it has to do with spiritual attributes. For these reasons we ask you to not bring forth political matters.

It is inevitable that with an allowance of items and issues effecting us all by that which is happening in this present world that attributes of a political nature will creep in, this is understood. However, we will keep a very close eye on these things and may ask you to stop midstream or lock a posting if in our discretion we feel that it is out of place in the forum.

[u][b]Conspiracy and Conspiracy Theory[/b][/u]

We believe there is certainly a conspiracy afoot, that which is present since the fall of mankind in their enmity with God. What other websites or ministries may have of a variety of present theory as it relates to what the governments of the world are doing is too much in dispute to be presented here. The New World Order and One Government system is understood in a variety of fashion. What we will not allow is unscrupulous and un-scriptural notions and ideals to foster fear and paranoia to the saints. Our trust and yours should be placed firmly in God, not in the conspiracy of the world, the flesh or the devil. We will monitor these things in our best discretion but do not bring in ministries or other agendas devoted to these mandates.

[u][b]Personal Prayers and "Rebuking the Devil"[/b][/u]

Please do not post personal prayers in a explicit matter to God in a posting or reply. We would not have anyone not leaving a comment or exhortation; I.E. "May the Lord bless you richly" and the like is perfectly acceptable. But do not post long, extraneously worded prayers in the forum. [b]Do not[/b] post "rebukes to the devil" or "coming against every foul demon ..." worded pronouncements in the forum.

[b][u]What you can do to help[/u][/b]

Be polite. Don't be rude to others.
Keep foremost in your mind the weight of responsibility you have with what the Lord stated;

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

As well as;

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

The Lord is in our midst here and this whole resource is dependent on the Holy Spirit by those who have both brought all this forth and we hope by those who participate, first as brethren and as guests\members.

Please, pray.
Pray before you post.
Pray as you write in response.
Pray, and ask the question of the Lord;
"Should I?"
Listen, give yourself a minute.
Pray one last time and pause before you submit.

Try and think of the ramifications of your thoughts and comments. Some things need not to be said. Some things can wait. Some things just as well do need to be addressed, but the manner may add more of a problem than be a help towards correction.

You may find it best to save some things that you have spent a considerable amount of time writing to a file to be brought forth at a different time.

Use the preview button. Re-read what you have written. Reflect and ask yourself some of these questions. We have found by experience that often our particular circumstances can affect much of our thoughts in any given moment. To look at something in the morning and later in the day can reveal a completely different mindset oftentimes. We have seen more problems from reactionary impulses than from the reflective. It is welcomed to slow down and give place to each other.

There is a great deal more than could be said. These are all guidelines to make matters beneficial to all. It is a warm welcome we afford to all within these parameters. Make yourself comfortable, but keep your feet off the table. :)

[u][b]Lastly[/b][/u]

Ask questions and do your best to answer questions. Keep well in mind that often times a question is not necessarily pointed, but is truly a question. Just as well, it is especially frowned on to be jostling with each other by way of accusation towards each others intents and motives. Be forthright and honest.

"[i]Play the ball and not the man.[/i]"

Which translates to the issue being discussed. Keep to this and away from what we may assume someone is thinking. Again, ask a question rather than making an accusation.

A note about personal effrontery and offendedness. We have found since the inception of this site that many any item is misconstrued by accusation and presupposition upon motive and intent. It is far better to assume nothing by way of suspicion nor to accuse without factual information. Better to not accuse at all but in points of biblical doctrine a challenge may be forwarded to our interpretations, do not take it personally and do not make it personal. Control your emotions and keep before you the mandate of humility.

Do keep in mind that the moderators will do their best to discern where and when to intervene and more so that they are your fellow pilgrims and servants, just as fallible as each of us here. "Moderate" your own self and leave the moderating beyond that to those appointed to do so. If you find something that is out of place, that is divisive amongst the brethren, bring it to their attention and they will do their best to address it.

[b][u]Confession[/u][/b]

Yes! We welcome it and desire it. It is not embarrassment to admit when we have faulted or sinned, caused a disturbance, been mean-spirited, proud, but an extreme blessing to the community and before the Lord. No one will be shamed into anything here nor manipulated, but forgiven without equivocation upon repentance. Remember it is not to us that you are owing this when it is warranted but to the Lord first and foremost and then by extension those you have trespassed upon. Admittedly and unfortunately it is a rare thing to hear in these parts and we could but pray for more forthcoming on practical honesty, it builds character and exposes our pride, that most sinister of sins.

[b][u]Summary[/u][/b]

Jesus is Lord.
'We' do hold to a high view of His Majesty.
'We' have no particular creed other than that He be exalted above all.

Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

As to fellowship here:

Tit 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

[b]Community Rules[/b]

[b]1. Ensure that your new topics are in the correct forum.[/b]
-If your new topic doesn't fit with the description of the forum you're in, do not post it there.
-Posting new topics in the correct forums helps keep the Community organized and helps to keep topics easier to find.
-Topics posted in the wrong forum (as determined by the Moderator Team) will be moved to the appropriate forum.

[b]2. Post guidelines:[/b]
-If you're replying to a post, stay on topic as much as possible.
-If you're posting a new topic, do not post something that has been discussed numerous times. Browse the forums first or use the Search function.
-Do not link images from other sites without their permission; instead, it's much more polite to give a link to them.
-Do not link to outside media including SERMONS and VIDEOS from other websites, the main reason for the inclusion of this rule is abuse of it in posting audio sermons that have false doctrine or false emphasis.
-Do not flame other users; this includes derogatory comments based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, etc. You will be banned immediately for this offense.

[b]3. When linking to the Community, here or elsewhere, please use [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/]https://www.sermonindex.net[/url][/b]

[b]4. Advertising:[/b]
-Do not advertise your own site unless it's a personal site that you wish to share or you're trying to help someone find something they're looking for.
-"Spam" (advertising) Illegal/inappropriate content and flooding will be deleted.

[b]5. Do not overuse:[/b]
-Emoticons (i.e., :#, :), or :8 )
-Line breaks or CAPITALS
-Nested quotes/code BBCode
-Giant or tiny font sizes or ugly, hard to read colors.

[b]6. Language:[/b]
-Do not swear.
-Do your best to use proper, easy to understand English. Not everyone's primary language is English, so we must try to make it easy for those who know English as a secondary language.
-Avoid slang, including "phat," "LOL" or "BRB," "i c u," and so on. Slang shouldn't be a part of the Christian's vocabulary; the Bible's written in a very majestic language, but so many nowadays degrade themselves to "Yo, 'sup?" or "homie."

[b]7. Do not harass users on the Community, through Private Messages, or e-mail You can be banned for this.[/b]

[b]8. Signatures[/b]
-Signatures should be kept brief, easy to read, and unobtrusive. You may not post images in your signature and may only have 1 weblink url in it. If the link is inappropriate moderators may remove this ability from the member.

[b]9. Avatars[/b]
-Avatars can be chosen from the list of over 100 images, you cannot upload your own.

[b]10. Arguing with the Moderator Team over the enforcement of these rules will get you no where.[/b]
-We will not contend nor dispute with the unruly.
-If you're told to change the way you're behaving here, you must comply or leave.
-Repeat offenders will be banned

[b]11. If you have any problems, contact an Administrator or make a post in an appropriate forum asking for help. Someone surely will be glad to help you.[/b]

[b]12. Please recognize that we are here to serve you[/b] and are fallible, unprofitable servants. Do not mistake patience for laxity, we may appear to allow more than is warranted at times in the prayerful hope that some admonishens might take hold. We would lord over no one by legality or a multiplicity of rules while yet maintaining some control over the many that have come here to find meat in due season. We do have lives apart from this forum and cannot possibly be omnipresent, we ask that you keep Him who is ever present always before your thoughts and mind as you conduct yourself here as guest\members.

[i](*Last Edited on 12/11/08)[/i]

2007/1/8 13:57Profile
redboy

Re: MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules

I'm a newbie to this site but from what I see it is well established and very professional. If I make mistakes posting please bare with me. I promise that no slander will be used, when i say mistakes i mean from the technical aspect. I'm like a kid in a candy shop right now, or should i say a lost soul who has just stumbled on a vast amount of spiritual educational tools. I really respect you guys for the time you put in this site. I'm a full time student studying education, but I'll be switching my major to Biblical Studies later in the year. After that, I would like to pursue either a master in divinity or theology. Any advice?

2007/2/2 21:33Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: You can get a Doctorate here....

Seriously, there is much of greatness on this site.

As to your Master's being in Divinity or Theology tends towards your chosen profession. Divinity seems to be trending towards being a pastor, while Theology trends towards teaching, whether within or without a church.

Of course, God can use either for any purpose He chooses. I think you need to talk to your counselor, and then pray a lot.

Blessings,

2007/3/3 2:19Profile
sicnarf

Canada

Thanks for the rules. I will do my utmost to abide by them at all time. Very glad to be a part of this growing community of believers. Looking forward to discuss and share with all of you.

2007/7/5 22:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Updated.

Please note new updates.

2007/8/15 8:49Profile
Luvpat

Oklahoma

Re: Rules

I have read the rules and will do my best to follow them. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of the fellowship.............

2007/10/31 0:41Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

Many thanks to all of you who have put this site together ... for the Kingdom of God

2007/11/6 8:36Profile

Gotcha! ;-) :-)

2007/11/16 21:45
OneofUs

Thank you for this site, it is a real blessing, and I don't say that lightly.

2008/1/6 11:39Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Addendum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[b][u]Addendum[/u][/b] ~ [i]2/12/2008[/i]

In our experience there are times when a restating has become necessary if even unfortunate. With some repetition and enforcement, again the following;

"[b]What it is not[/b]

It is not a 'chat room'.
It is not a place to bring an agenda regardless of intentions.
It is not a place for promotion of ones self, website or wares.
It is not 'denominational' while gleaning from many.
It is neither legalistic nor 'anything goes'.
It is not a place for politics, politicians, policy's nor particular support thereof.

[b]What it is[/b]

It is first and foremost a privilege. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

([i]A month old and shelved after some reconsidering at the time, it now seems warranted due to recent events.[/i])

I want to take notice of the aspects above and linger on the word [i]privilege[/i].

There has been much abuse of the privileges afforded here to everyone and it is time to address this with full force and even some indignation with those whose conduct and behavior is strictly at odds with the purpose and thrust of this great ministry.

Everyone, each to his own, consider seriously, prayerfully these observations.

Some are high-minded. Some are self-righteous. Some are haughty and [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=10733&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]proud[/url]. Some are busybodies and gossips, meddlers in matters that they ought not, need not, interfere. Some insinuate. Others presume. Some make things personal when they are not. Others are too personal, too emotional to consider, listen or take any [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=18390&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]correction[/url]. Some find themselves as those that believe they are helps to disputes but fail to recognize that they themselves are more the cause and often the perpetrators of inflaming even more unrest and strife. Some are overbearing and dominate the discussions, giving little room for others. All these things and more could be addressed. Some of them, all of them, may find traits, aspects at any given time in each one of us. Some give evidence in abundance of them by their behavior and conduct.

Here is what I want to address and ask to be considered. Your accusers are not the moderators nor even other members as much as the sources that are presented here, freely given as they are. It is these primarily dead saints, used mightily of God who are speaking in our ears constantly, that is if we are listening, if we are taking all these things to heart. They are your accusers. The articles. The sermons.

Are we listening to them? It is becoming a wonder as this forum has taken advantage of it its afforded privileges and drifted into personal opinionated agendas, constructs and whatever whim or fancy suits us. Again, this forum is [i]not[/i] a chat room and it is [i]not[/i] a 'message board' try as we might prove it otherwise. Learn the difference between debate and discussion, a scriptural definition.

For those who have some duration, some longevity here. You ought to know better. Do not mistake long-suffering and patience for abstract tolerance.

This forum has always been different in it's intents and purposes. The articles, the sermons speak for themselves and the design and purpose of this avenue, while accompanying a variety, still have these things as their foundation, their thrust, their promotion. Revival. This very forum needs a revival of it's own understanding. We must bring it back to it's first inception and intentions.

[b]Factions[/b]

There has been an abuse of some of the afforded privileges of Private Messages (PM's). They were never intended to be used to form small clicks of those who we might find agreeable and in turn become small entities all in their own right. These formations must be broken up now. Whether they are intentional or not is beyond the point. The evidence is out here in the main when members come and begin to defend one another and thereby make things even more personal by what is being discussed in secret, 'private'. Lest this be mistaken, the whole reason for this mention is only that there not be a duplicity of things mentioned publicly and then turned into a back-door policy. There is to be no back door policy whereby members divide off into schisms and divisions, it will not be tolerated if it becomes evident.

Keep in mind this is neither a hierarchy nor a democracy that is operational here. We have to set some guidelines by matter of course. You may disagree, but we have the sites interests to maintain, that we will place as first order.

Everyone is accountable for the words they are typing here, one after the other. Yours, mine, all of us are typing on a mirror if we would just recognize it and recall the very slighted remembrance of our eternally accountability for each and every one of them.

Remember. The extension of this forum is a [i]privilege[/i] that is not to be abused, but it has been abused and seemingly few will take the matter to heart.

Think about the ramifications. It has come into our hearing on too many occasions that a great many are turned away from participation and who knows, maybe even from this site as a whole due to the actions, conduct and behavior of some of the members. Some have just up and left altogether who once frequented these pages. There are over 4000 unique people from over 80 countries that visit this site daily, this needs to be kept in the forefront of our minds.

Please, allow the moderators to do the moderating and do not take matters into your own hands. Allow us the discretion and the patience to deal with the inevitable issues that arise. What you might find troubling, heretical, disturbing is not lost upon us but remember that it is to your own self and your conduct here that you are responsible for first and foremost.

Ask yourself the penetrating question;

[i]Is it I?[/i]

Mike Balog

[i](*Last Edited on 2/12/08)[/i]
[i](*Last Edited on 3/12/08)[/i]

2008/3/12 9:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy