SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do we have the fullness of Christ???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
vico

Do we have the fullness of Christ???

Does the Fullness of God dwell in those who are His?

Now I know that those of us who are His have received the Spirit;
Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

But have we received Christ in His fullness???

And I know that the it says in John 1:16 that we have received of His fullness "And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace." But have we received it in entirety?
But is also says in the scriptures that we have received all spiritual blessings in Christ, and Christ dwells in us.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Ephesians 1:3
Also these, Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col 2:3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
So if the fullness of God is Christ and Christ dwells in us, can we then conclude that we have God in His fullness?

But why then does Paul pray for the Ephesians that they might know the fullness of God "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ...that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."Ephesians 3:14,19

If we do follow the conclusion that we do indeed have His fullness, we would then also have to conclude that there is nothing more needed in our lives but knowledge and an understanding into what these riches are that we have been given in Christ. If Christ dwells in us with all His power and majesty, to produce or have this power displayed all we need is to then be surrendered to the Spirit of Christ in us... right???

If this is true, is it logical to seek for a move of God? for a revival? I mean, If we have it all, what more do we need?

I had a long discussion with some brothers last night,. We went into all kinds of stuff, dispensationalizm, baptism of the Holy Spirit, the Trinity, etc....
we talked for quite awhile.

The reason it came up is that I mentioned to a brother that I felt that I felt the power of God lacking in my life, and talked about seeking for more of God, and going deeper with God. God had been teaching me about what it means to have Christ living in me, and all that we have in Christ, Christ being all in all.
And so I asked these brothers what they thought about that. and that led into all the rest of that.

I would really appreciate some input form you who are obviously more mature in Christ than I am.

If anything I said was not clear, please point it out, and I'll try and clarify what I meant. I really would like to come to some solid conclusions.

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. 2Corithians 9:15

2007/1/8 11:44Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Do we have the fullness of Christ???

Dear Vico, I was just thinking about a verse in relation to this whole subject earlier this morning. Seeing your post I think it might be helpfull in our considering of these things.

The Lord Jesus said

[b][color=660033]...he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.[/color][/b]

I think especially of the words there...[i]sent[/i] and ...[i]measure[/i] in relation to your question. And then too, the Apostles question

...[i]how shall they preach, except they be sent?[/i]

and the Lord's words here come to mind also,

[b][color=660033] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.[/color][/b]

You might be interested in the testimony in this thread also [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=3484]Thread: Edition 5 - Beginning of World Wide Revival - William Seymour[/url]

I wish you much grace in all your searchings brother,

Chris

2007/1/8 13:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy