http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZsbMEBgZwk

God is good.

2007/1/8 11:31
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Encouraging video

Saints,

I just wanted to let you all know about posting audio and video materials on the forums. This has been a unwritten rule for 2 years now to post direct links to audio and video content outside of sermonindex.net has been disallowed except for pre-approved content. There are many reasons for this the main one obviously is abuse. People can post to bad teachings or questionable content.

Also sites such as youtube.com or google video have alot of lewd content related to many good videos therefore enticing or luring people into it. I have and do want to encourage people to link to more materials on sermonindex.net and if they run across something "very" profitable somewhere else then they can PM or email me. I appreciate this attention to the matter brothers and sisters.

I did pre-approve this video and there is a audio counterpart that has been on SermonIndex.net for quite awhile:

[b]Just One Person: George Street[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3653

2007/1/8 11:39Profile

Re: apology

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Saints,

I just wanted to let you all know about posting audio and video materials on the forums. This has been a unwritten rule for 2 years now to post direct links to audio and video content outside of sermonindex.net has been disallowed except for pre-approved content. There are many reasons for this the main one obviously is abuse. People can post to bad teachings or questionable content.

Also sites such as youtube.com or google video have alot of lewd content related to many good videos therefore enticing or luring people into it. I have and do want to encourage people to link to more materials on sermonindex.net and if they run across something "very" profitable somewhere else then they can PM or email me. I appreciate this attention to the matter brothers and sisters.

Greg, I apoligize for breaking this rule when I posted the video on the Quiverfull movement. Forgive me for not checking that out with you before posting. Brother, you said this was an 'unwritten rule.' I think it would be helpful for this to be added to the 'written rules' for those who haven't been around to read every post. Just a thought...

I'm very grateful for the rules and guidelines for SI. I just read over them this morning; they are excellent...um, I think that was a confession that today was the first time I thoroughly read the rules! :-o

2007/1/8 12:33
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg, I apoligize for breaking this rule when I posted the video on the Quiverfull movement. Forgive me for not checking that out with you before posting. Brother, you said this was an 'unwritten rule.' I think it would be helpful for this to be added to the 'written rules' for those who haven't been around to read every post. Just a thought...

I do think news videos are different then sermon videos. I really don't want to have to try and enforce as strictly as this but I have left it open to the people on the website and at times it has gotten out of control and many wolves came in and abused the system of the forums. I appreciate your comments sister.

2007/1/8 12:37Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

One problem about unwritten rules is that there's nowhere to read about them. On a forum with thousands of users, some new and some old it would be unreasonable to expect that people can know unwritten rules.

So far I've posted a video of Keith Green's memorial concert (that I personally uploaded to google video) and a video of the Charlie Brown Christmas Special (which was posted on youtube by someone else).

Now one thing I do know, is that I won't ever click on a link unless someone tells me what it's all about in the body of the post. Most of the time I'm reading this on my work computer -and as much as I dislike clicking onto something with questionable content, I doubt the ministry I work for would have even 1% tolerance for my mistake.

2007/1/8 12:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
One problem about unwritten rules is that there's nowhere to read about them. On a forum with thousands of users, some new and some old it would be unreasonable to expect that people can know unwritten rules.

Thank you brother for your patience while I am still learning and allowing the Lord to help run these forums in a way that would edify and grow the body of Christ the best. And protect those whose walk are blameless with the Lord of glory. I have re-done the community rules page and re-posted it. You can review it here:

[b]MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14144&forum=13&0

EDIT: here is the part of that disclaimer that I added the sermons posting restriction:

Quote:
2. Post guidelines:
-If you're replying to a post, stay on topic as much as possible.
-If you're posting a new topic, do not post something that has been discussed numerous times. Browse the forums first or use the Search function.
-Do not link images from other sites without their permission; instead, it's much more polite to give a link to them.
-Do not link to outside media including SERMONS and VIDEOS from other websites, the main reason for the inclusion of this rule is abuse of it in posting audio sermons that have false doctrine or false emphasis.
-Do not flame other users; this includes derogatory comments based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, etc. You will be banned immediately for this offense.

2007/1/8 14:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy