SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Duncan Campbell's Testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Duncan Campbell's Testimony

Has anyone else listened to Duncan Campbell's amazing testimony? It can be found here:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=380]His Testimony and Conversion[/url]

I highly recommend it to everyone. It has really blessed me to hear of the supernatural victories that this man had. I was also humbled by the faith and maturity of his 16 year old daughter! What a difference between that and our generation!

What is on my heart the most, however, is Campbell's detailed description of his "second blessing" or baptism with the Holy Spirit. I am convinced that this is the experience that I lack and the solution sins I cannot seem to be victorious over, and the hot then cold demeanor of my Christian walk.

Does anyone know of any other testimonies like that, or have any more information about the baptism of the Holy Spirit?

If nothing else, check out his testimony!

-K_DAY

2007/1/6 22:04
kathyclark

Alabama

Re: Duncan Campbell's Testimony

Dear -K_DAY,

You can read my testimony about the baptism of the Holy Spirit in the forum under "testimonies".

I am eternally greatful for that great experience. I could have never walked this long with the Lord without it. It revelutionized my life.

Blessing.

2007/1/7 0:15Profile

Re:

Thank you KathyClark. I really enjoyed reading your testimony. I would love to hear more like it.

Does anyone know of any sermons on SI about the baptism of the Holy Spirit?

2007/1/7 2:28

KDAY,
Dear Duncan is and has always been one of my favorite New Testament preachers!!

I have listened to that particulat testimony many times, it nevers grows old.

God bless you, neil

2007/1/7 2:38

Re:

Quote:
Dear Duncan is and has always been one of my favorite New Testament preachers!!

Yes, I know. You were actually the one who turned me on to him. You recommended one of his sermons in a previous forum. Its good stuff!

2007/1/7 12:29
Goldminer

Alabama

Thank you K_DAY for sharing this. This is so awesome. It has greatly blessed and convicted me as well. I hope many others will listen to this again and allow the Holy Spirit to re-ignite the fire in their hearts.

God's blessing and peace unto your house

2007/1/7 23:08Profile
Meriwether

I've heard the testimony. I really liked it, but I'm not sure that I agree with the concept of a second work of grace, second blessing or a baptism of the holy spirit which is secondary to the baptism of regeneration which occurs when a person is soundly saved.

I used to think that I had experienced this because I was attending a church in which this doctrine was taught. In retrospect, I believe I was actually saved at this time, not experiencing a second work of grace.

In examining this doctrine years later, I had to reject it for lack of scriptural support. I don't know when or where this doctrine began, or what scriptures it claims for support. Does any one have an idea?

2007/1/7 23:34Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: a baptisim of love

Hi K_Day. I would like to share some of my experience in this.

My experience happened on January 21, 2001, probably sometime around 9pm. For about two weeks prior to this I had been reading the New Testament and was converted to Christ, deciding that I was going to follow Him and become a Christian. On this night I attended a Pentecostal Church in Maryland that my wife had been invited to earlier. I had attended with her sometime before(I think the week before) and had come under conviction of the Holy Spirit but had resisted.

This night I had already determined I would not resist. An evangelist was preaching and sometime into the message I came under strong conviction of sin. I know that it was not fear but strong conviction of sin, such that I recalled later in telling others about it, that it was as if God Himself was pointing His finger at me. I bowed over, leaning on the pew in front of me, weeping profusely. The evangelist continued to preach, I do not really recall his message, except that it seemed directed right at me, and I continue to weep.

Sometime later some brothers came over and asked me to come up to the altar. Finaly I agreed, but I kept weeping. Once there, several brothers we there to pray with me, including I think the Bishop of the Church, and I just kept weeping.

Eventually I cried out in a very loud voice, so that probably all the Church could hear me

"Jesus!"

Still they prayed and I wept but then finally I remember saying in myself

'Ok God, Ok'

And then it happened. My body shook somewhat and as they held me up and I swayed forward and backward I said things, you may call it speaking in tongues, but more than that I remember feeling....love. Poured out love. I was hugging everyone around me and telling them I loved them. I was baptised in water immediately after this and after I came down from the baptismal tank I was still hugging people and telling them I loved them.

Sometime later I remember talking to one of the Pastors and telling him how much love I felt in the sanctuary that night. I think I had somehow thought it was coming from the people but later I realised it didn't have anything to do with the sanctuary or the congregation, but with God. I just remember feeling like whole place was flooded with love.

In the days that followed the verse which says "therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" was so real to me. The thought of sinning terrified me and when temptation would come to me I could say with Joseph 'how can I do this thing and sin against God?' Before this I had lived a very very sinfull life and now I had new desires and God was always on my mind.

I thank God so much for his mercy to me a sinner. I've made so many mistakes since then and I've never lived up to His blessing but I can not deny it either. And I will yet confess that Jesus Christ has redeemed me and that He shed His blood for me.

Christopher Joel Dandrow

2007/1/8 0:01Profile
kathyclark

Alabama

Re: Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Dear Meriwether,

I am sharing my testimony on the baptism of the Holy Spirit for you below. I do believe that the 120 in the upper room already believed in Jesus, therefore were saved but the waited for the promise of the Holy Spirit. In this scripture it says:

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

and:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

[color=660099]It says in v.38 ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Spirit and in v. 39 it says this promise is for as many as the Lord our God shall call. That has to be all that are called[/color]

I also would encourage you to study the lives of the people who have recieved this touch. Duncan Campbell, Frank Bartleman, Rees Howells, Andrew Murray, Smith Wigglesworth, John G. Lake, and many, many more. All point to a point where the regular Christian walk became supernatural because of an encounter with the Holy Spirit.

The testimony of the love given before mine is my testimony as well. It was not worked up it was like rivers of loving water flowing without effort. A scuzzy life became clean. I know that for me it was a distinct event. I believe that I did receive the Holy Spirit when I first asked but I received the fulness when I yielded my life fully.

My testimony:
I am sharing this in the hopes that it might set someone else at liberty.

I was saved in 1976 and powerfully baptised in the Holy Spirit while asleep. I know some may see this process differently than I do, but I was totally unschooled in religious matters. Not raised in church, no instruction of any kind. My husband and I had been into the drug party scene and when one of our fellow partyers got thrown in jail for selling cocaine my life took a real turn. He began to write me letters about the Jesus he had recommitted his life to in jail. He was in jail for 2 years and wrote me huge, long letters witnessing to me about my lost state and need of Jesus. The amazing thing about my friend is he was a backslidden preachers kid and now he is a preacher himself. It took jail to wake him up. God doesn't waste anything!

Finally I submitted my life to Jesus and went to church for the first time since I was 8 years old when the Baptist bus picked me up for a few weeks. My husband and I went forward for salvation and were prayed for and we were asked if we wanted to receive the Holy Spirit, having no idea what that really was, we said yes, I suppose just because they said we needed it. They prayed over us and encouraged us to open our mouths and let the Lord fill it with a new language and it went on and on. I suppose out of embarassment we garbled a few sounds and they said we had recieved it. We both knew we really hadn't recieved anything. However, I continued to ask God if this was for real and something He wanted me to have to please fill me. Three nights later I was sound asleep and I sat bolt upright in the bed with my arms our cross fashion and what felt like electricity was charging through my body and I was speaking in a unknown language.

I know some might not agree with this and say all kinds of things about this experience, but I have to say that my life was radically changed from that moment on. I had what I can only describe as a big lump on love in my heart. It burned there for months. It oozed out to anyone I came in contact with and most of the people I was in contact with got saved. It truly was the power to witness.

My husband did not go on seeking for the fullness of the Spirit and after a year he backslid, but many years later I am still walking with the Lord. I attribute that to recieving the Holy Spirit. I can look back to that one event as monumental and so real that there is no question in my mind that He is real.
It has undergirded me.

I have read numerous books about the baptism of the HS and seen many different testimonies. I believe God meets us where we are. This was what I needed to have and God gave it to me. Someone else may recieve differently. All I know is my experience revolutionized my life and I became a loving mother and wife. I learned it isn't all about me, but in losing my life I find it. The more I give the more I recieve. That is a far cry from the self-centered brat I was before. Truly all things became new. I don't even recognise the person I was before 1976. She is a dead woman and I'm glad she is.

I thank God for my salvation for a young man converted in jail and for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

2007/1/8 0:56Profile

Re:

Chris-

Thanks for sharing. That is really powerful!

I actually have a similar story that I am unable to really make sense of. About a month after I had started following Christ, a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go back to his house and pray. It was a strange thought, but I accepted. We went up into his room and started to pray. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground begging God to fill me with the Holy Spirit. I didn't know what this meant, or why I was praying it - I had only heard it mentioned a few times in passing.

My friend, John, came over and put his hand on my back and started praying in what I thought was Hebrew, but was probably actually tongues. Suddenly, all at once, I felt what was like a surge of electricity flow through my body and stay there. I was weeping uncontrollably. I was literally feeling the same love of God that you described. I was like this for probably 20 minutes. Looking back, this experience has been foundational in my growth as a Christian. It eliminated any doubt that I may have had regarding Christ, and if I wanted to follow him with my entire life.

My confusion is that I never really experienced the strong conviction of my sins before it happened. I was changed, but my prayer life still struggles, I still havn't had victory over certain sins that I still deal with. All these things seem to be staples of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, as I understand it from the Bible and other's testimonies.

Is there a difference between the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and being filled with the Holy Spirit?

Again, thanks to all who have shared.

-K_DAY

2007/1/8 1:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy