SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : I wept much today.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
--
[b]A Master Fisher for Souls by Rev. R. M'Cheyne Patterson[/b]

"I was travelling in the train, and a Christian lady ticket-collector met me at W--. She was full of a wonderful man she had seen. He was speaking to a lad seated in a train going to Lahore. The boy was loud and almost abusive. "I am tired of this sort of thing-I am going to my boon companions, and shall have a good time," he said. The the gentleman he was speaking to leant forward and in a low tone begged him not to go away from him. He got back only a rude answer, and she, feeling angry and disgusted, left them. When she came back she saw the missionary still leaning into the carriage window, and she heard him beseeching the lad not to leave him. [b]He was imploring him in Christ's Name, and she saw tears flowing down his cheeks as he reasoned with the head-strong lad. "Ah!" I exclaimed, "he knew the value of an immortal soul."[/b] In spite of all entreaties the lad took his own way, [b]but to the very end that missionary was seen in deadly earnest trying to win that soul.[/b]
She lost sight of the missionary when the down train steamed out. (He went sadly to some dear friends in Gujerat alone).
Next day she saw the same lad coming back from Lahore. She said to him, "You have come back very soon again." He looked up with a pale face. "I am going back to him," he replied. [b]"I have not been able to sleep all night-I could not forget his tears."[/b] And he came back a penitent. That missionary was John Hyde and that lad J.N.
[b]I often feel that is souls could say the same of us, that we wept over them--our tears would bring them to a proper frame of mind.[/b] Our Lord's whole body shed tears--when "His sweat became as it were great drops of blood fallind down upon the ground."
"Jesus wept." The Jews there said, "Behold, how He loved Him!"
[b]Soul-winners, can this be said of each one of us?"[/b]

Sister,

That is very powerful thank you for sharing.

2007/1/6 21:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy