SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Somedays I just wish Pat Robertson would just shut up.

LOL!

Now seriously, why do you not just contact him and tell him so? Likely won't do any good, but who knows? coming from Krispy it is no telling...

It seems to me he does the cause of Christ more harm then good.

ginnyrose

2008/1/2 18:23Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, in order for Pat Robertson to rise to the level of false prophet, he would have to "show great signs and wonders." you are giving him too much credit.

Too much credit indeed... That's why prophecying has grown without restraint. We don't care that none of these predictions ever come to pass...we just need to believe we can know the circumstances of our futures.

Prophecy is the area of strongest superstition in our churches today. Many Christians are afraid to dissent even though the prophetic project has proven to be quite unreliable and ultimately useless for direction. Sadly, fascination for 'words' has replaced earnest biblical discipline and scholarship even with many of our own heroes.

And we say we want the Old Paths. Our ancestors built universities around the bible. Theology was the prince among all other fields of scholarship. When America was young, her Christians were her most rational and industrious citizens, leading in fields of science, education and social reform. Today we show contempt for serious scholarship, and disrespect for accreditation of our teachers and pastors, preferring instead dreams and visions from anyone and everyone. Sometimes it seems we are becoming a race of chicken littles just when those in our lives need our intelligence, discipline, and leadership.

Edit for question...is Pat Robertson really so different then the rest of our prophetic agencies? Perhaps he is only among the most visible.

MC

2008/1/2 18:39Profile

Re: Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'

Quote:
Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Did God tell him or someone in his prayer retreat tell him? This guy is a joke!

2008/1/2 19:35

Re:

Ironman said

Quote:
where did i quote that?

Page 2 and 4. Forget my question, wrong thread to answer it in. 8-)

2008/1/2 19:45

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, in order for Pat Robertson to rise to the level of false prophet, he would have to "show great signs and wonders." you are giving him too much credit.

When Pat Robertson gives prophecies he is acting as a prophet of God... and most of the time (as far as I can tell... all the time) he is wrong. Therefore he is a false prophet.

If he aint a true prophet then he is a false prophet.

Krispy

2008/1/3 8:08

Re: there's more, Pat explains why the 2007 prophesy didn't come true.

Pat Robertson Predicts Worldwide Violence, U.S. Recession in 2008

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

NORFOLK, Va. — Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Wednesday that 2008 will be a year of violence worldwide and a recession in the United States, followed by a major stock-market crash by 2010.

Sharing what he believes God has told him about the year ahead is an annual tradition for Robertson.

On Wednesday's "700 Club" broadcast, the founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network predicted that evangelism will increase and more people will seek God as the chaos develops. Robertson said, "We will see the presence of angels and we will see an intensification of miracles around the world."

Last year, Robertson predicted that a terrorist act, possibly involving a nuclear weapon, would result in mass killing in the United States. Noting that it hadn't come to pass, Robertson said, "All I can think is that somehow the people of God prayed and God in his mercy spared us."

So, there you have it. Enough people prayed about Pat's previous prophesy for 2007 and we didn't get nuked. Pat saved the day by predicting disaster and thus motivating people to ask God to withhold the terrible suffering that would result from a nuclear bomb. I, for one, am going to send him my life savings in gratitude.

:knockedout:

bub

2008/1/3 10:12

Re:

Quote:

In order for Pat Robertson to rise to the level of anti-christ, he would have to show great signs and wonders.

What bothers me about these endless false prophets...there is no conviction of sin, no SHAME, but MORE LIES to cover up the last ones....and shame on anyone who believes these lies and exuses this behavior!!
(edited)....

Lying is Lying....thou shall NOT LIE or bear false witness....thou shall not take the Lord thy God's name in vain. Do you know THIS IS taking the Lords name in vain.

Yes, the Law is written in our Hearts!

Does God make a fool out of Himself? NO!!!! Does God MOCK Himself?

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2008/1/3 12:14

Re:

Bubba... you and I are on the same page. Can you believe it?? I thought exactly the same thing you did when I read that on Foxnews.com.

Funny thing about this is... in the OT when the people responded in a way that persuaded God to turn away His wrath it was generally the WHOLE nation that turned back to God. I dont even see the church in America turning back to God, much less the nation... yet the wrath that Pat Robertson was prophecying would come is 10 times worse than what was prophecied in the OT.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but most of the time in the OT when God's wrath on Israel was prophecied... promises were also made. Promises of "If you turn back to me...". Is Robertson doing this? I'm not sure, thats why I am asking. If so, can he really say with a straight face that the church in America has turned back to God?

(BTW... I know I probably sound like I am contradicting myself concerning the church in America and a few conversations I had with Jim before Christmas. Please note that I have never denied that the Church in America is in apostacy for the most part, and deperately in need of revival.)

Krispy

2008/1/3 13:44

Re:

Katy-Did

you are right, PR's annual predictions, labeled as prophecy, are akin to blasphemy, if not the real thing. i think he missed his true calling: should have been a weather forecaster.

if a person needs more than (or, is not satisfied with) the promise of Salvation thru the life, sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ, then are they really a Christian?

bub

2008/1/3 14:40

Re:

I can respnd, and I will somewhat lean in the realm or the issue that the God in Christ can allow for a generation, a people or even a NAtion can be subject to absolute destruction if God so allows.

Let us take a look at the Tsunami incident, Katrina(my family and I were personally affected), or any sort of destruction no matter how large or small, God is the one who allows!!!!

God will judge by the righteousness of Christ, that is, his word! We all stand weighing in HIs balances....

Blessed be the Savior God forever.

Brother Taco, do not put God in a box of grace and mercy, There is love and mercy in Judgment also

2008/1/4 17:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy