SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Sir Ironman,

Thank you for your response, I just read the other thread about the same issue, I pray that you are quickened in sipirt for the road ahead.

just for clarification; If Mr. Robertson is hit and miss, does that mean that he is a prophet always or sometimes? So much to learn! :knockedout:

2007/1/7 1:36Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
what does that mean? what are we to make of the Revelation of John if God is not going to do any judging this side of heaven?

Who said anything about heaven?

There will be no nuclear attacks. Wait and see.

2007/1/7 3:55Profile
dohzman

Re: gift or giftings

There is a difference in having a gift of the Holy Spirit manifest such as prophesy, anyone in the body of Christ can have that gifting happen through them, however to be a [b] Gift [/b] to the body such as the five fold ministry is entirely a different thing. I personally think Pat has certain giftings that he's exercised in but isn't a prophet per se'.

2007/1/7 4:23Profile
hisremnant

North Central Indiana

Re:

Praise Jesus!!! Lion of Judah!!

i noticed several references to God going nuclear. This is some thing HE does not do. It is something HE allows.

Let me try to explain my understanding. As i see God and HIS dealings with HIS creation.

God either causes or allows everything and HE is personally involved in even small situations.

HE is the God of the tempest and the earthquake. HE is the maker of weather and geological events.

HE allows man free will to choose good or evil and HE allows evil to dwell in the hearts of men.

An event such as hurricane Katrina is something God caused (a direct judgment).

The terrorist attacks on New York, Washington, were allowed. They were caused by men with evil, Satanically inspired intentions.

And God cares about the small stuf He did not just spin the world into motion and walk away. HE is aware of the sparrow which falls to earth.

This any way is how i understand God and how HE judges things. If we are nuked God allowed it (most certainly) but HE did not do it directly.

Blessings Hisservant rich

Matthew 4:17

2007/1/7 7:52Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
no they don't miss. a prophet of God doesn't miss ever if he is speaking what God has in fact spoken to him to tell the people. however is the prophet says something out of himself which God hasn't said for him to say then he'll miss. now i take it pat has been on point sometimes right? on those times he must have been saying what God has him say, when he missed he was speaking out of self.

I don't think so. When he got it right he may have just been lucky and accidental or ... making commentary. This is by and large newspaper theology, not any different than what those who watch the stock market do, gathering up information and making an educated guess. But prophecy? Forget it. That one can go backwards and start extrapolating out the 'hit's from the 'misses' ... This is all rather absurd.

I am longing to hear the prophet open and shut his mouth at the same time and then the thing comes to pass.

Until then, all this dissecting, explaining and defending is just pure speculation and conjecture.
It's not the Lord.

2007/1/7 9:25Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Here is quite a sobering part of a article written by Don Currin:

"In a 1980 interview, Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones was asked the question, "What do you think Christianity ought to say to the economic situation today?" He answered, "I think the great message we must preach is God's judgment on men and on the world." Dr. Lloyd-Jones went on to underscore the importance of this message when he said, "The condition of the modern world proves that what we must preach more than ever is "Escape from the wrath to come!" Later in the interview, Lloyd-Jones was asked whether or not Christian influence could produce a Christian culture. To which the preacher replied, "No. It will never come. All Scripture is against that. It's impossible. In the present world situation-it has never been more critical-all civilization is rocking, and we are facing collapse, morally, politically, and in every other way. I would have thought that surely at this time our urgent message should be, 'Flee from the wrath to come!"

As the interview came to a close, Martyn Lloyd-Jones was asked, "What parting word have you for the secular man or woman who does not take Jesus Christ seriously?" To which the man of God replied, "Flee from the wrath to come and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ".

At 80 years of age, Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones understood that the answer to man's economic, moral, and spiritual plights was to take refuge in Christ's finished work from the rapidly approaching eternal storm. After years of observing the spiritual declension of his own country and witnessing the futility of man's attempts to improve the conditions of the economy and church, he knew that the only answer to man's social and spiritual ills was Jesus Christ. "

2007/1/7 9:49Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Mike B

Quote:
I don't think so. When he got it right he may have just been lucky and accidental or ... making commentary. This is by and large newspaper theology, not any different than what those who watch the stock market do, gathering up information and making an educated guess. But prophecy? Forget it. That one can go backwards and start extrapolating out the 'hit's from the 'misses' ... This is all rather absurd.

is there really such a thing as luck or a situation in which God doesn't preside over? Perhaps it may not have been Pat's intent to necessarily say some of what he has said in the past as prophecy, perhaps he should not have. i never said he was a prophet either nor am i saying that pat is a prophet. once again it seems the focus is on predicting the future but that is a small part of what a prophet is.

bro Mike, if you know Jeremiah you will know that he worked in the palace. Daniel also worked in the palace of the king of babylon. these men were not ignorant of what was going on in the land of Israel or in some of the nations around Israel at all. the knew what was going on. however they saw these things in the context of what God was doing and expressed it as such in an effort to get Israel to repent. JOhn the revelator was aware of what the roman empire was doing and what was going on in the churches he was told to write to but he saw it in the context of God's judgment first on His Church, then the world and then His final return.

Quote:
I am longing to hear the prophet open and shut his mouth at the same time and then the thing comes to pass.

Ezekiel spent about 7 years taking about the destruction of Jerusalem. Jeremiah spoke for a large portion of his life until israel was sacked. the message of repentance to me is not one which can be said once and left alone because evidently God doesn't think so because that call tends to fall on deaf ears even though the intended are God's own people.

waiting for what i felt the Lord tell me to sare in Prophetic credentials 3 to come to pass.

:-D
Quote:
Until then, all this dissecting, explaining and defending is just pure speculation and conjecture.

how then shall we come to an understanding if we do not analyze things in light of the word and seek some sort of explanation? :-?

2007/1/7 10:11Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro John
so much to learn indeed...is a prophet disqualified (assuming pat is a prophet that is) for prophesying out of self or is there room for repentance?

some things to think about

2007/1/7 10:12Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Rich

Quote:
i noticed several references to God going nuclear. This is some thing HE does not do. It is something HE allows.

in the O.T. our Lord used the heathen nations to punish Israel referring to babylon as His hammer and sword. God the Father is not above chastening us harshly by any means He sees fit be it through creation or using men.

Quote:
The terrorist attacks on New York, Washington, were allowed. They were caused by men with evil, Satanically inspired intentions.

why were they allowed? could it be that the same satanic spirit which was on babylon and spurred them to attack and destroy Israel? that was judgment from God you know... :-o i have no doubt that those men were satanically inspired, Islam is a religion of the devil, that is a superficial observation but there is more to it than just that. however what did that event have to do with God and how does it fit into what God is doing? is God trying to communicate something? this is the thing we ought to ask when we see things happen:

[b]how does this fit into God's plan for us all?[/b]

2007/1/7 10:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
We are to be the salt of the earth and when we fail at our being salt the nations around us become more wicked. Therefore it is the responsibility of the Church to be that agent of change, we need to humble ourselves and pray. What is stopping us? what is stopping you?

If your statement is entirely true, then we will have to blame Noah for the wickedness on the Earth at the time of the flood. Noah was a preacher of righteousness, so I am sure he prayed. Was it Noah's fault that God still had to judge the world?

I completely agree with you that we need to cry out to God for lost men and women. But we do not pray for them because some impending judgment is supposedly coming upon America or some other country. We do not pray for them based upon the political and economic situation in our respective countries. We do not pray for them because of coming judgment.

We pray for them because they are judged already!
According to Jesus, they are condemned already!

According to the scripture, any man or woman outside of Christ is:

dead in the trespasses and sins
an enemy of God
completely unrighteous
full of cursing and bitterness
etc.

Mankind, apart from Christ, is already in the grave.

If we really want to have a burden, forget nuclear weapons and Iran and Islam. Forget(as it has been said) "NEWSPAPER THEOLOGY".

Sit back and meditate upon the state of most of the people that we interact with on a daily basis.

Most of these people, if they are not in Christ, are DEAD. They are completely cut off from God. And, unless God has mercy upon them and, by His Spirit, He quickens them and brings them to life, they will die that way and suffer eternal torment.
UNLESS GOD HAS MERCY ON A MAN HE REMAINS DEAD IN HIS GRAVE IN TRESPASSES AND SINS!

When it comes to the Church, and God's judgment upon the Church, I think some of these preachers are more angry than God.

Let me ask you a question...

When did God call us to Himself? Who were we in relation to Him when He saved us.

Surely if God wanted to judge us, surely if God wanted to beat us down and declare that we were prayer less and that we deserve judgment just like Sodom and Gomorrah, surely He would have done that when we HATED HIM. When we were HIS ENEMIES!

He reconciled us to Himself while we were YET His ENEMIES!

Yes, He chastens us. AS SONS AND DAUGHTERS! His chastening is all apart of the process of sanctification. And, actually, many Christians experience the chastening of God when they feel they are walking closest to God.

Gods' chastening is an inevitable part of us being conformed to His image.

All you have to do is look at Paul and see how he dealt with the Corinthian Church. What was rampant in that Church? Fornication, division, strife, worldliness, etc.

What did Paul do? Did he say, If you do not repent God is going to cut you off? Your sins are worse than Sodom and Gomorrah and so God has to judge you.

No... He taught them. He first reminded them of who they are in Christ, and then he taught them on how to deal with those in the Church who are living in sin. He dealt with them as a Father deals with His sons. This is how God deals with His Church.

If we want to see when Paul was really upset, we can look at Galatians. What made Paul upset?
What caused Paul to say God would cut men off. (Anathema)

A false Gospel based upon the works of the flesh.

I think that the majority of this prognosticating is a distraction from the Gospel and the preaching of Christ.

2007/1/7 13:01

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy