SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
lovejt

Re: Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'

There was some religious personality, forgot the name, who also prognosticated this for 2006. I believe the president may have known about it from what i understood. We have to consider the source with these kind of statements. I happen to catch him on tv yesterday and looks like he is doing some kind of cooking show. Just seems weird to say something as devastating as that and then see him share recipes with an apron.

When i read the OT prophets, i take that personally. God can do whatever He wants to discipline us individually or any nation. It would not surprise me if this kind of scenario happens some day/year. We are at His mercy even when we get on the freeway. I pray we are ready for the Kingdom.

2007/1/6 14:29Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

taco

Quote:
I have read them. And whilst they are profitable for reproof, correction, and instuction in righteousness they were written before God was in Christ reconcilling the world to himself.

so does Christ's coming and dying exempt us from judgement here and now? Brethren do we believe that sacrifice of Christ keeps God from disciplining us when we need it? if so how far we have come from understanding the sacrifce of the cross! If God the Father didn't spare Israel from judgment in the days of old under a lesser covenant, how much less will we be spared judgment now that we are under the blood of Christ?grace is not there to be used as an excuse to sin but to keep us from sinning. grace does not exempt us from judgment but actually makes the judgment harsher because we have no excuse.

check this out bro from hebrews chapt 10

[b]. 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.[/b]

God spared not Israel and He will certainly not spare us because thos covenant is the final one.after this there is no salvation. Remember that these letters were written not to the world but to the Church! where is is written:

[u][b]The Lord shall judge his people.[/b][/u]

the word is not talking about the world, it's talking about us! do we think that the evil we do goes unnoticed or that there is no recompense from God? this is a mockery of the justice of God, if we are not judged then why should the world be judged? We who are called by His name ought to know better and do better than we are surely. have we not Holy SPirit? Has God not furnished all we need to avoid sin?

in 2 Peter 4 17 the word says:

[b]For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? [/b]

and in the Revelation before anything jumps off, before any seal is broken turning loose the judgments of God the Church is clearly the initial recipient of the judgment of God. that means judgment on [u][i][b]THIS[/b][/i][/u] side of heaven brethren? let us not delude ourselves nor be deceived, God is not in the business of letting transgressions go without consequence. indeed we are forgiven if we repent, but there is always recompense/consequence for sin forgiven or not.

Quote:
There will come a day of jugment in which God will judge the world by one Christ Jesus. But from the cross till then I am certain that God has no intention of nuking america to get the christians to pray.

didn't Christ also say that not one jot or tittle of the law would be done away with?so do you think then that while we are on this side how we live doesn't matter as long as we are saved? :-o do you think that there is no judgment while on this side? no correction from God from our clear straying from His statutes? :-? the nuking/judgment of America and the world is because we have strayed from His Paths in spite of grace! that is why the judgement which is coming is much harsher than any ever before, why the coming tribulation is described as being unlike anything ever seen before, we are covered in the blood of Christ and yet we treat it as aprofane thing by sinning wantonly. this judgment will be the most harsh because the price given for this covenant was the highest ever and indeed the highest there could be paid. God does not take lightly the trodding on if Christ's blood and that can only be done by believers because they are covered.

Quote:
If so; what on earth is the point of this age that we live in? How is it any different to any other age.

ahhh this is a good question! in Ephesians 3 we find the answer to the reason not only for the age we live in but for all creation. we live in the Church age so:

[b]Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: [/b]

our Lord has seen fit to show His wisdom to the principalities and powers through us. He didn't think it to extravagant to create and allow things to come out as they have, He purposed all that was, is and is to come to this end. we are at the heart of that plan to bring Him glory...whoa...Part of that is His righteous judgment and that is in itself a great mercy because we suffer for a time and repent rather than go along and suffer for all eternity...

2007/1/6 18:45Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

taco,

Have you studied Revelation? What do you think about the message in that book?

ginnyrose

2007/1/6 19:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Up ahead

[i]And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.[/i] 2 Peter 3:4-7

2007/1/6 20:24Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
We are at His mercy even when we get on the freeway.

That is true...really I don't know why there aren't more fatalities in our morning and evening commutes. People are crazy when they drive,... weaving in and out of multiple lanes with no signals, cutting off drivers in exit ramps, tailgating with highbeams on, speeding up for yellow lights, driving 20 MPH over the limits...it's a ballet of death out there!

MC

2007/1/6 20:34Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:4-7

exactly.

2007/1/6 21:30Profile
dohzman

Re: Hummmmmm

Amo 7:14 Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet's son; but I was a herdsman, and a gatherer of sycamore fruit:
Amo 7:15 And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the Lord said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel.

I saw a thing about 10 yrs ago (even before Bush was president) pretaining to President Bush. The thing was true but the time was far away and I had to wait. Something will happen in either the 7th or 8th year, and I'm not sure if it is against America or against him, reguardless, it will come to no avail, For I saw such a man who took a bow and arrow and smote the fallen angel that did stalk the president, and it (angel) was no more. I personally have trouble with prophesy or foretelling of events where a time stamp is attached, even if I'm the one giving it, therefore I am all the more cautious about sharing specifics. As to Pat Roberts? I wouldn't call him a prophet, he does move in some of the giftings, but that doesn't make him a prophet. He has also spoken foolishly at times, he just happens to have a platform and that gets him plenty of attention, that's all. I think it's a good time for the body of Christ to draw very close to Jesus and use what ever resources they have to invest in eternal things, even if that means they sell all they have and become ministers to the poor. Our time is short. We need to make every day count.

2007/1/6 22:05Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Taco

[b]3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.[/b]

if creation continues on as it was from the beginning with judgment being part of the lot of creation, i don't see how God would stop now. doesn't the word say He is the same yesterday, today and forever? if He judged in the O.T., you better believe He'll judge in the N.T.

in an earlier epistle (1Peter chapt 4) bro Peter wrote:

[b]For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? [/b]

what does that mean? what are we to make of the Revelation of John if God is not going to do any judging this side of heaven? :-?

2007/1/6 22:32Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Thanks to all for your thoughts,
I put this article on because I thought it was interesting, and i had just read Deut 18 earlier that day. I wanted to put Deut 18:18-22 in there so that you all could come to your own conclusion as to where Mr. Robertson stands in relation to the verses, is he in 18 and 19 or does he fall into 20 thru 22?

Does a prophet of God "sometimes miss"? (Mr. Robertsons words.) I would be inclined to say no, but I would like to hear more,
with love, Joe

2007/1/6 23:30Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Jlosinski

Quote:
Does a prophet of God "sometimes miss"? (Mr. Robertsons words.) I would be inclined to say no, but I would like to hear more,

no they don't miss. a prophet of God doesn't miss ever if he is speaking what God has in fact spoken to him to tell the people. however is the prophet says something out of himself which God hasn't said for him to say then he'll miss. now i take it pat has been on point sometimes right? on those times he must have been saying what God has him say, when he missed he was speaking out of self.

2007/1/7 1:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy