SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'

Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'
AP
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) - In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson said God also told him that the U.S. only feigns friendship with Israel and that U.S. policies are pushing Israel toward "national suicide."

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election. Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved and Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts.

Lawmakers confirmed Bush's 2005 nominations of John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court . But the president's Social Security initiative was stalled.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Deuteronomy 18:18-22

18.I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

19.And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

20.But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21.And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?

22.When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

2007/1/5 18:16Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re: Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'

Hey can someone tell me how to make some text bold print? I wanted to put the verses in bold, don't know how...

Love in Christ, Joe

2007/1/5 18:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

You simply put [] around a "b" with a opening bracket [] and a closing bracket [/] with the "b's" in them and then it will make things bold between them.

I think a nuclear attack is imient the Church has not humbled herself rather the "programs" and growth of the evangelical instuition has been more important where many have been led captive by these leaders.

We need a revival, we need prayer brothers and sisters. The word that Keith Daniel gave here is very prophetic to our time, hear it and share it:

[b]The Power of Prayer (video)[/b] by Keith Daniel
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4224

2007/1/5 18:31Profile

no

I was going to say something, but no, I'm not.

Its not worth it.

Let God be God.

2007/1/6 0:54

Re: no

bartle, I won't say it either. Ugh.

2007/1/6 2:22
taco

Re:

Quote:
I think a nuclear attack is imient the Church has not humbled herself rather the "programs" and growth of the evangelical instuition has been more important where many have been led captive by these leaders.

I don't think that any countries or organisations that posess nuclear arms are going to attack a country simply because "the church has not humbled herself".

If you are suggesting that God is somehow going to cause it to happen because he is annoyed with the lack of humility I am flabergasted. Remember the samaritans that the apostles wanted to call down fire upon and remember the answer of Jesus.

2007/1/6 8:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Pat Robertson Predicts 'Mass Killing'

This prophecy reminds me of "88 Reasons Why the Rapture Could be in 1998" popularized by Edgar Whisenant in 1988. The fact remains these prophecies are within the realm of possibilities, hence their believability. Now if Robertson would always have been accurate in his prophecies it should give us cause to be alert. On the other hand, we should always be alert because catastrophic events could happen any time...without any warning.

There is one thing that always gives me pause: what would life be like if some terrorist would bomb the TVA dams from which our electric company receives its electricity? What kind of chaos that would create...

The Scriptures tell us to be watchful and pray...if nothing else one can get killed in an accident, die suddenly for any reason..life is unpredictable. Some wise sage says: plan like you are going to live forever, but live like you could die anytime. Something to consider.

ginnyrose

2007/1/6 10:06Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

My soul rests in the hands of God. I admit that I live as if tomorrow will come, but honestly that is not guaranteed. I must live my life to glorify God and rest in his love and grace. God is my father and he will correct me when I need it, but his correction is done out of love.

2007/1/6 10:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If you are suggesting that God is somehow going to cause it to happen because he is annoyed with the lack of humility I am flabergasted. Remember the samaritans that the apostles wanted to call down fire upon and remember the answer of Jesus.

I would recommend you read the major and minor prophets. God will judge a nation for its wickedness. And a Church for its backslidding. We are to be the salt of the earth and when we fail at our being salt the nations around us become more wicked. Therefore it is the responsibility of the Church to be that agent of change, we need to humble ourselves and pray. What is stopping us? what is stopping you?

I would recommend you read this article I just wrote:

[b]BUSY, STRONG AND WITHOUT GOD by Greg Gordon[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14082&forum=16

2007/1/6 10:29Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
I would recommend you read the major and minor prophets. God will judge a nation for its wickedness.

I have read them. And whilst they are profitable for reproof, correction, and instuction in righteousness they were written before God was in Christ reconcilling the world to himself.

There will come a day of jugment in which God will judge the world by one Christ Jesus. But from the cross till then I am certain that God has no intention of nuking america to get the christians to pray.

If so; what on earth is the point of this age that we live in? How is it any different to any other age.

2007/1/6 13:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy