SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : ABC Nightline on the Quiverfull Movement

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

ABC Nightline on the Quiverfull Movement

Someone passed this link on to me of an interview that Nightline did with a homeschool family that is seeking to live their lives according to the Word of God.
So, I'm passing it on to anyone who might be interested in watching it...

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2769639

2007/1/5 11:10
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: ABC Nightline on the Quiverfull Movement

Interesting video thank you for sharing. Here is the link to the movement they were mentioning:

http://www.quiverfull.com/

The world is definetly against people who are raising godly families and children with values that are counter cultural. You can see it in the questions being asked by the reporter they want to make it appear abusive to the children and wife, thus forseeing the probition of home schooling and this type of living could happen in the future.

May God enable many people that visit this website to raise godly families under the adomition of the Lord.

2007/1/5 11:29Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: ABC Nightline on the Quiverfull Movement

I watched the video and was blessed. It is sad that society defines the family. Early on in my christian walk I heard that anything with two heads is a monster. I agree. There is a whole lot more unity when one person makes the final decision. It is also good when the final decision maker takes into account the wisdom spoken by the wife because she has a stake in it.

Coming from a family with many children I can say that even though it is difficult at times when they are young to find a quiet moment, in your old age they are a great comfort to you.

God did tell us to be fruitful and multiply. I think that in todays society folks think children are deprived if they don't get the latest Ipod or designer shoes. Our misguided hearts feel bad for the kid because they aren't dressed just like every other kid. But I see in this video children at peace, kindness on their faces, helpfulness. What is wrong with that.

I certainly can't fault the guy even about college because when my children went out to college they began to backslide. I know we live in a different era than when there was only the school of the prophets, but a man's carefulness to watch over the souls of his children is to be commended.

His wife's attitude was wonderful and biblical as well. Submission is a gift not a burden. It isn't a matter of superiority but of different offices. God gives grace to the humble.

2007/1/5 11:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Goldminer,

Amen!

Quote:
I think that in todays society folks think children are deprived if they don't get the latest Ipod or designer shoes. Our misguided hearts feel bad for the kid because they aren't dressed just like every other kid.

When you have a large family, you simply are forced to become resourceful in providing for them. This may mean growing a garden to produce your own veggies and making (Oh! Horrors!) the children help process it for preservation. Or growing your own animals for slaughter.(Horrors for sure!) Or, you may have to shop at thrift stores for clothes. I did this for a long time and people did not know the clothes our boys wore came from thrift shops - I was careful to buy items that looked nice and not worn. Being resourceful does not hurt the child,either. He learns to work, value what he gets, take care of it and not be wasteful. And believe it or not, our children are now living these same values.

Now find a child from a home where he is the only one and what do you have? (I am not faulting families where nature has limited their size....)

While moderns have been promoting small families for some time, the experts are now saying we need more people to maintain the social, economic infrastructure. Apparently, God knows what is best for society after all.... ;-)

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/1/5 22:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Goldminer,

After reading your post, you made the following statement which I would like to comment on:

Quote:
because when my children went out to college they began to backslide.

Would you mind clarifying your take on this?

Someone suggested that is why we have two sons wayward: because they went to college. For the record we had four, three have college degrees. Of these three one is wayward. He made the decision to go the route he did when still in our parochial high school. The other son only has high school, works as a captain on a 500 ton sea-going vessel.

When our children were growing up I was alarmed with the lukewarmess of my parents' families (their siblings), of which there were a total of 13 children. I learned their history, their lifestyle and determined we will NOT do those things, believing this will guarantee godly children. But it didn't. So we are left wondering where did we go wrong? I have asked our two boys this question and they said we did not do anything wrong. One even went so far as to say that King Hezekiah, who was considered a godly king, had the most ungodly son, Manassah.

When I look around and see who has fallen by the wayside and who didn't and check on their educational experience, I come up with some confusing stats. When I was at CPC education made no difference in who was fornicating and having babies although college students/educated females were more likely to abort then their less educated sisters.

Goldminer, would you mind sharing a bit more on this question? Have your children stayed away from God?

Hope I am making sense...

ginnyrose

PS: Unfortunately, I could not pull up the video the original poster is referring to so all I know what that message is what others here are saying about it.

2007/1/6 18:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
PS: Unfortunately, I could not pull up the video the original poster is referring to so all I know what that message is what others here are saying about it.

Here's another way to view it:
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/
Click on Be Fruitful and Multiply
It's number [b]2[/b] under the box that has different videos.
I'm sorry to take you to a website that has so much junk on it...
Hope that works!

2007/1/6 18:37

Re:

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: and they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, and they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst. They that swear by the sin of Samaria, and say, Thy God, O Dan, liveth; and The manner of Beersheba livith; even they shall fall, and never rise up again." (AMOS 8:11-14)

Better to serve only God than to compromise your faith with the "secularites" at the well of Beersheba! We all know how badly compromise ends up for believers!

-Corey

2007/1/6 18:45
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Thanks! Roniya, I could now pull it up and listen to it. I think that couple did an excellent job on that interview.

ginnyrose

2007/1/6 18:52Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I enjoyed the video. The father reminded me of my pastor - wise and not afraid to speak the uncompromising truth in love. What a mockery to the world a family will be that determines to make scripture their literal watchword. That reporter was just baiting both of them, trying to dredge up as much controversy as possible to give heathen fuel for their derision. There is another special on that news site, this one about a Christian University in California where young men and women vow abstinence till marriage. Of course, the wicked baiting starts there as well. When interviewing two young Christian men, for instance, the reporter asks: "It must be pretty hard for you guys not to think about sex, I mean with all these attractive women around you on campus." The two Christian guys were speechless, and they didn't know how to answer the reporter.

These newscasts are not honest in their motives for a story; they are looking instead to expose godly people to world mockery and make fools of believers.

Brother Paul

2007/1/6 19:10Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Re: ABC Nightline on the Quiverfull Movement

Dear ginnyrose,

My only reason for making those statements is because on the video it seemed that the bias by the reporter was that the parents were wrong in trying to protect their children even with regards to college.

My thoughts are that most everything in the colleges my children went to was working to undermind anything Holy.

I know it is an impossiblity to protect your children from the outside world but I have to applaud the family because at least they are trying to do the best they know how for their children.

I just feel that if my children had gone to a Christian College they would have had better examples and influences. I know they could have still backslid but there is stength in numbers.

And no they are now in thier 30s and are still not right with the Lord. I do believe they will be one day however. I expect that they will return to Jesus one day.

Does that answer your question?

2007/1/6 23:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy