SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I.S.L.A.M. I Sincerely Love All Muslims

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Ian,

You right..someone who lives a godly life will speak volumes to others by that life.

Quote:
I'm not saying that, but there needs to be an open door.

Usually the door is not opened because we leave it shut. People are always waiting and waiting and waiting for an open door. Jesus sent the disciples out to preach the gospel..not look for open doors. By them preaching the gospel the doors were opened.

Quote:
Then there are countries closed to all of these activities where we cannot hand out bibles openly, there we have to be the bible in our daily lives!

There are Christians in these countries who don't let the situation dictate the way they minister. They do what Jesus says and suffer the consequences. I met many believers like this in Myanmar.

Quote:
If you see a man on the side of the street kick a dog, smoke a cigarette, take a swig of gin and then walk in the back door of a church and start giving a sermon, you certainly wouldn't want to goto that church!

That's a really bad example. How often do you see men kick dogs, smoking cigaretts, drinking gin, and then giving sermons?

Quote:

But all of these things are the works of man! Islam is against alchohal, so you won't find a drunk or a drug user in most of the middle east.

Have you been to the Middle East? Your statement is just not true. I've been to Turkey, Dubia, Afghanistan, and Pakistan and you can find alchohol and drugs. Adultery and sexual immorality as well. Not always openly but they do these things in secret. There is an appearance of righteousness...but that's all it is.

Quote:

So how do you approach someone who is morally upright, generous, gracious and kind but still doesn't know Jesus.

The same way Jesus did. You expose their heart. They are not morally upright. Talk to any Muslim man about lust and you will see their morality is only skin deep. What's in their heart is evil...just like everyone else. When I was at the mosque I brought up this very subject (lust). None of them would even lift their head up because of the conviction of sin.

What did Jesus do to the rich young ruler who appeared morally upright? He exposed his heart to show Him he wasn't. He exposed his sin of greed.

When "morally upright lost people" are confronted with the truth they will see there morality is a sham. The Gospel exposes everybody. The light of Christ show us how wicked we all are and how glorious and perfect He is. That's how you preach to Muslims.....no different than you preach to anyone else.

2007/1/4 19:36
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: I.S.L.A.M. I Sincerely Love All Muslims

I feel out of fairness to iansmith that his heart is in the right place and what really matters to God is our heart.

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

1Cr 9:19 ¶ For though I be free from all [men], yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

1Cr 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

1Cr 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

1Cr 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some.

It may not be always necessary to minister to the physical needs, or to do preliminary works before preaching the gospel, but love never hurts. The Salvation Army has used this method for many years and has reaped a harvest as the result. I myself have befriended people and by ministering God's love to them have seen them won to Christ.

I can see where iansmith is coming from because I read a book, I wish I could remember the name, but the author was talking about ministering in India and how love and respect opened up the doors for him to share the gospel. He learned that going in a tearing down and trampling on what they believed hardened their hearts but instead lifting up Jesus opened up doors. He cited how Paul at Mars Hill didn't trample on what they believed he just showed them something better. Iansmith is right in that we will not win them to Christ by telling them they are worshipping satan. We will win them by loving them into the kingdom lifting up the King of love.

Mar 9:41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

3Jo 1:5 ¶ Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;

I would also like to say that if God has put this method of ministering in iansmith's heart then it would be sin for him not to do so. We have to be obedient to the revelation God has given to us individually. We are all unique and God uses us in a way the flows from our uniqueness.

Only the gospel message can convert the soul, that is for sure, but there are times when ministering to the outward man in practical matters can soften the heart and make it more open, and certainly approaching a unbeliever, muslim or not, with a tender heart of love will move him more than a condemning stern look that beats him over the head with the Bible. God can use anything that displays His character, we shouldn't limit Him.

[color=990000]I just found the name of the book " Christ of the Mount" by E. Stanley Jones,[/color]

2007/1/5 0:59Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: I.S.L.A.M. I Sincerely Love All Muslims

Brother Andrew's testimony of his work in Muslim countries is inspiring no doubt.
I just peeked rather quickly into this thread... happen to agree on both points with Ian and Greg, and perhaps, I'm sure if the conversation was over a cup of coffee and face to face there would be a greater understanding....not to be unfair to any here at all. And if I'm wrong well...Paul and Barnabas disagreed didn't they but continued to love one another. Seems to me anyway that you two agree way more than disagree. That's the thing I hate about the cyber-chatting - I can't see body language, distinguish tones of voice, etc... these particular negatives can throw off my diserning capabilities.
For one... I've had friends in the past, when I was backslidden, that I never talked about Jesus with... I loved them, would help them with things, etc. ... thinking about this particular guy I knew... well, he ended up dying. I sure didn't do him any favors :-( What a fool I was... if I would've abided in Christ at that time, witnessed to him, well, who knows what could've happened. "Shoulda, coulda, woulda"... anyway the guy died not following Christ. Honestly, this has happened a few times in my life.
My "witness" is Christ in me.... my life had better back up my words or else I'm a hypocrite plain and simple.
The Gospel message had better be done in Love as led by the Spirit.
I see both points of Ian and Greg, and both points are commendable. Sometimes words are not enough and I have to read between the lines as to what another is trying to say though it may not be fully expressed in a way that I, myself would express a particular point....(talk about a run-on sentence!)
The message is indeed important, but so is the spirit in which the message is communicated in. And... What does it profit another if we love them in action and deed, but do not tell them about Christ Jesus? Such a love as that cannot save them can it?... and if they would ever find out you had the message of eternal life and never presented it to them properly, could they not have something against you on Judgement Day? We must love in Word and deed, not one or the other...Jesus loved in Word and deed.
The Lord bless you all,
richie

2007/1/5 7:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy