SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Art Katz Quote

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Art Katz Quote

Here is a wonderful quote by Art Katz. This is why listening to him preach or reading his books is like a refreshing wind of the Spirit. This quote is from his book "Apostolic Foundations."

Quote:

A preacher who thus intentionally voids himself in trust for a word of God to be given experiences a suffering in measure akin to that of the crucified Christ. He is dying to his own ability to speak, and becomes foolish in a humiliation like the Savior's unto death. This is the heart of all true speaking. The man speaking sees to it that his own ability will not be his dependency. He is the humble recipient of something that is to be given. There is a suffering, a humiliation and a death in the speaking that releases the same quality of power that took place at the Cross, and will again, in every reenactment of that event. God does not want the faith of men to be established on eloquence, but on the basis of the power of God, which is released through the one who is willing to suffer the terrible humiliation.

The preaching that is power comes when a man abandons himself, and will not lean on his own expertise or ability. Pulling out that plug is death. It is something one can never get used to, but is to be tasted again and again. It is as terrifying, contradictory, and mortifying as if you had never done it before. Every occasion is a fresh experience in death, an only one who is dead to himself will bear it. Who is there that is willing to taste that death? Who is willing to abandon his trusted ability and confidence, and trust that the same power that raised Jesus from the dead will now raise the speaker and his message?

CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ART, THIS IS THE LATEST UPDATE ON HIS HEALTH FROM HIS WEB SITE:

Jan. 1st, 2007

Art was released from the hospital yesterday (Dec. 31). His condition seemed to have improved significantly this morning. His shortness of breathe has improved remarkable; his breathing is close to normal.

Thank you so much for standing in prayer with our brother.

Ben Israel Fellowship
www.benisrael.org

2007/1/4 9:07Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Art Katz Quote

Thanks for posting this jewel or I guess nugget in the case of a gold miner. I really needed this. I will be speaking Sunday night. God has much work left to do in me, and he has used many of you at this wonderful site.

Are there any Art Katz sermons anyone recommends?

God Bless

TJ

2007/1/4 9:49Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Art Katz Quote

Dear TJ,
I am pleased you were blessed by Art's quote. An excellent message was mentioned earlier in this forum entitled " Be ye Perfect". It is wonderful. But I have to say I haven't found anything that wasn't a blessing coming from him. The SI archives have a number of his sermons and also you can get tapes from his web site, which is what I have been doing. The web address is:

www.benisrael.org

God bless and anoint you to speak His word that has been implanted by the Spirit into your heart.

2007/1/4 9:59Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

tjservant wrote:
Thanks for posting this jewel or I guess nugget in the case of a gold miner. I really needed this. I will be speaking Sunday night. God has much work left to do in me, and he has used many of you at this wonderful site.

God Bless

TJ

i recomend K-048 One Thing You Lack by Art Katz
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12162&commentView=itemComments

but i must say this is probably one of the strongest sermons ive ever heard, its sad its so little downloaded, many people would be blessed to hear this one,

2007/1/4 10:09Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

I listened to One Thing You Lack by Art Katz and all I can say is that you are absolutely right. Your statement says it all

hmmhmm wrote:

Quote:

but i must say this is probably one of the strongest sermons ive ever heard, its sad its so little downloaded, many people would be blessed to hear this one,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will definitely be listening to more of Mr. Art Katz

God Bless

TJ

2007/1/4 21:20Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Art Katz

If you haven't yet, here is another;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3278]And They Crucified Him[/url]

[b]Description[/b]: Empty entertainment/worship sung by pretty people -Doctrinally-correct sermons devoid of power -Sunday-only Christian lives barely distiguishable from the world All these and many more ills are symptoms of a disease Art clearly identifies in this message. It's such a fundamental thing, our understanding of the cross. It's an indictment of our lives and the current impetence of the church. In the final analysis, unless we know ‘Christ and Him crucified,’ our knowledge of God will be false.

A related thread as well;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10669&forum=16#82765]FEATURED SERMON: "And They Crucified Him" by Art Katz [/url]

2007/1/4 23:00Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

Quote:

As already stated, they're all good although I have listened to a couple that I didn't get that much out of. I think that was because it was just "over my head" or perhaps I should say "over my spirit." Hopefully I will grow into them! ;-)
Here are some of my favorites in addition to what has already been mentioned. Or you could just pick one from the download section. You can't go wrong.
Widows and slaves indeed
Costly Submission
All That is in the World
What if?

Here is something else to ponder that he says in one of his sermons, sorry I can't remember which one.
"A partial obedience is a disobedience and a partial truth is a lie."
Nearly brought me to my knees.

Blessings,
Hope

2007/1/5 6:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Endearing

Quote:
As already stated, they're all good although I have listened to a couple that I didn't get that much out of. I think that was because it was just "over my head" or perhaps I should say "over my spirit." Hopefully I will grow into them!

Keep that up Hope and you will have the saints confessing all kinds of things around here. ;-)

What a wonderful and frank admission, one that I have certainly found holds true, one that finds a holding of many things in abeyance, inconclusive as well as things that are just beyond me. With that type of honesty I believe we will indeed grow into many, many things.

[i]Take my yoke upon you, and [b]learn of me[/b]; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. [/i] Mat 11:29

2007/1/5 8:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy