SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Which law?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Huh

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Quote:
Yes, but I think the problem is that you may be dating the mosaic law as only coming into affect at that time, those laws are eternally relevant.

Then what does this mean?

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then [serveth] the law? It was [b]added[/b] because of transgressions, [b]till[/b] the seed should come to whom the promise was made; [and it was] ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

I have lost you! I don't so the contention, please explain?

rgds,

2006/12/31 4:47Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
So I would say that the Romans passage is preconversion work of the law, and the Hebrews passage is postconversion work of the law, both in the heart of man.

You believe that the conscience and the laws written on their heart are the same thing?

2006/12/31 14:25Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I have lost you! I don't so the contention, please explain?

Those verses I quoted tell that the Mosaic law was only during the Old Covenant. So, the Mosaic law can't be eternal. Are there 'laws' that spread over all dispensations? Sure, but is it equal with the Mosaic law?

2006/12/31 14:27Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Thanks for the post Ron. I will do some thinking and see what I think. :-D

I found out that I thought! :-D I agree completely with it. Thanks Ron!

2006/12/31 14:28Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I found out that I thought! I agree completely with it. Thanks Ron!

Don't thank me, thank Mr. Madsen, actually he may no longer be with us so just thank the Lord! :-D

The quote that I posted is from Poul Madsen who wrote a Danish commentary on the book of Romans, extracts from that commentary were written in English and published across several editions of the bi-monthly magazine titled Toward The Mark. The first part can be found online at the following link...[url=http://www.oscar51.net/ttm/ttm06-1.html#13]Chapter by Chapter Through Romans[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2006/12/31 19:20Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

"You believe that the conscience and the laws written on their heart are the same thing?"

Not exactly, but pretty close and very closely related. The law is God's standard. The conscience is man's God-given knowledge of right and wrong. The man's conscience recognizes (bears witness) that there is a standard in all mankind; some things are clearly good, some clearly evil. It is the conscience that understands the law. The conscience is internal, and the law is external. So the conscience recognizes the external law, and has the law's work (the working conscience) written into it.

While the heart and the conscience have some differences, they are inseperable.

2007/1/1 0:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy