SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : How Far Can You Run in 10 Seconds?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

How Far Can You Run in 10 Seconds?

How Far Can You Run in 10 Seconds?
by Noam Bedein
Dec 28, '06 / 7 Tevet 5767

The Tseva Adom ("Color Red") siren went off at approximately 9:15 pm.

I took out a video camera, donned press credentials and ran outside. Three seconds later, there was an enormous explosion nearby. Running towards to sound of the explosion on a wet road, I arrived as an ambulance evacuated two ninth-grade boys - 13 and 14 years old - to the Barzilai Hospital in Ashkelon.

There was a pool of blood and a shoe right near the sidewalk. Four parked cars had their windshields completely shattered.

Another teenage boy was crying, speaking on his cell-phone and shivering as he explained to his mother what he'd just been through. Then, he was evacuated in another ambulance, along with his friend who'd been standing next to him. They were both treated for shock.

This was missile attack number 57 since some kind of ceasefire had been declared by the Israeli government. On the streets of Sderot you can hear over and over, "Oh yeah, 'ceasefire'. We cease. They fire."

This 57th rocket landed on Maccabees Street in Sderot only 10 seconds after the siren went off. A friend of the boys who was hit by the missile related that they were running home, but didn't make it there.

People in Sderot have to think twice before they go out somewhere, not knowing if they will be able to take cover in 15 seconds or less. Sometimes, there is no siren, like the day before the attack on the two boys, when the residents of Sderot were woken up at 6:30 am by a surprise missile attack.

At the scene of the attack, people stood around a bit and talked about their feelings and thoughts.

They did not know what to do first to express their outrage. They discussed wanting to go burn tires, or block roads. They were not sure what to do, but they wanted to do some thing. They kept repeating that there had been an average of two missile attacks a day during this so-called "ceasefire," with no government response whatsoever.

A grandfather came out of a nearby synagogue crying and upset, completely hopeless that he could not protect his grandson. The boy had been rushed to the hospital, where he is fighting for his life.

A man who saw the boys writhing in pain after the attack had approached them and called the ambulance after seeing that the bones were sticking out of one of their legs, and that the other one had a completely contorted ankle.

All this occurred on Maccabees Street in Sderot less than one week after the celebration of Chanukah, when Jews recite Al HaNisim, the prayer of praise for miracles. Unfortunately, it's not Chanukah every day, even though there are miracles that happen here every single day. If only these miracles would happen when Jews take action - as in the case of the Maccabees.
...snip
http://israelnationalnews.com/article.php3?id=6809

Shame on the Quisling leftist Israeli 'Leaders' for not protecting their people from the terrorists they dine with.
Shame and a curse [ Gen 12:3] on the EU and US for trading innocent childrens lives for their stupid ' peace' plans that support terrorists and deny Israel's God given right to Judea, Samaria, Gaza and any other covenant area coveted by the ungodly.
jj

2006/12/30 9:40
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: How Far Can You Run in 10 Seconds?

Quote:
Shame on the Quisling leftist Israeli 'Leaders' for not protecting their people from the terrorists they dine with.
Shame and a curse [ Gen 12:3] on the EU and US for trading innocent childrens lives for their stupid ' peace' plans that support terrorists and deny Israel's God given right to Judea, Samaria, Gaza and any other covenant area coveted by the ungodly.

I really don't appreciate the political tone of your message, this isn't the forum for this kind of post. I really think you could stand to listen/read some Brother Andrew (the dutch one) as well.

2006/12/30 11:15Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

brethren
while indeed the u.s., e.u. and u.n. try feebly to hammer out a peace deal we have to consider this all from God's perspective. Eventually some sort of peace will be hammered out but it won't last, the son of perdition will see to that. the point of these efforts which ultimately will fail is to show that outside of God moving to see something achieved, it won't get done.

also we ought to consider that Israel is not spotless in all this either. the palestinians are descended from the philistines whom the Jews at some point followed after and whose gods they worshipped, along with the gods of the other nations around them. this has consequences. also the arabs are descended from ishmael who was said to be a wild man who will be against everyone so they have been fighting eachother for a long time. only God will put a stop to this. God is not worshipped as He ought in Israel as yet and that also has consequences.

it seems to me that often time when terrible things happen we try to put the blame on anyone else but ourselves. we oft say "why would God allow/do this?" what about considering that maybe we did something to offend God? even if not that we tend to home in on our situation and fail to see God's big picture. the jews in days of old (and even many of us today) were caught off guard by judgment because they had lost sight of the fact that some of the things they did caused God offence which required a response...

2006/12/30 15:16Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Don't be an agent of some political organization or nation... even if that nation is Israel.
We are called to be agents of light, heavenly ambassadors, a holy nation! Brother Andrew shares in one of his audio messages, an acronym he lives by I.S.L.A.M. - I surely love all Muslims! Doesn't God say that he desires all people to come to him? I hate the politics on this forum -I hate all of this pro Israel nonsense... we're making enemies out of people that God wants us to extend a hand of friendship!
Doesn't God tell us to forgive our enemies? Do you think that applies even to the Palestinians and Iranians and Jihadist -of course it does ! It especially does! How else will they recieve the witness of Jesus except through the grace of his children... if they only see us returning the same hate that they are shooting at us they will be looking in a mirror when they should be looking in the face of Jesus! Wake up!

2006/12/30 15:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: How Far Can You Run in 10 Seconds?

Quote:
I hate the politics on this forum

Dangerous ground it is. This forum as well as this site is not condusive to these sort of matters, good, bad or indifferent.

Thread locked.

2006/12/30 17:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy