SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anyone shedding a tear for Saddam today?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Anyone shedding a tear for Saddam today?

Anyone shedding a tear for Saddam today? Yes, Saddam has been through the legal process and has been found guilty. Is there a man alive that is not guilty before God? Yes, Saddam was a brutal, tyrannical dictator. Yes, he was a murderer. Yes, I'm sure he is (soon to be was) a lot of things. But, is anyone shedding a tear for Saddam today? What is God's heart in the matter?

Ezekiel 18:23 & 32 "23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? ... 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye."

Ezekiel 33:11 "Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

I see a lot of people that are satisfied with the death of this man. Perhaps there are scriptures that say something different. That's not my point. From these, God obviously has no pleasure in it. Perhaps Jesus is still weeping. No doubt, one day He will take vengance against those who refuse to repent. I guess I have the same thoughts today as I did on 9/11. How sad, another soul for the fire.

2006/12/29 14:38Profile

Re: Anyone shedding a tear for Saddam today?

It saddens me that this man was decieved by satan. It saddens me even more that he will more than likely, (unless he becomes a christian before his death), spend an eternity in a DEVILS HELL. Hell was not created for us. It was created for the devil and his angels. So we actually are intruders if that is the place we CHOOSE to go.

On the other hand justice is being served. I believe in that. The bible teaches that. God is a just God. Even if he were to be saved, the sentence should still be carried out.

love in christ
j-bird

2006/12/29 15:02
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

No tears for him, but I sure am shedding a bunch of tears for all the folks who lost their live because of him, the Bible says you "will" reap what you sow he sowed lots and lots of death now it his time for his reaping.

2006/12/29 15:37Profile
Chariot

Re:

Now here's a topic that stretches my mind. It drives me back to the Lord's mercy. Taking captive the thoughts that parade across my minds eye, i recall that our Father takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. And as my mind recalls the pain and suffering caused by this one man, i'm also reminded of that one verse, "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."

2006/12/29 15:52Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
It saddens me that this man was decieved by satan. It saddens me even more that he will more than likely, (unless he becomes a christian before his death), spend an eternity in a DEVILS HELL. Hell was not created for us. It was created for the devil and his angels. So we actually are intruders if that is the place we CHOOSE to go. On the other hand justice is being served. I believe in that. The bible teaches that. God is a just God. Even if he were to be saved, the sentence should still be carried out.

Very good post, brother. My sentiments exactly.

Brother Paul

2006/12/29 15:59Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

I am praying for him. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Saddam Hussein cried out to the true Living God before he died? Oh that someone would reach out to him with the Love of Jesus!

I do not weep for the terrible actions of this man. Nor do I weep for the display of justice being poured out to him. However, I weep at the thought of any man going to death without reaching out to Jesus Christ.

:-(

2006/12/29 16:20Profile
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re:

MrBill,

No doubt, he will justly get what he deserves from our Just and Holy God. He will reap what he has sown. That doesn't erase the scriptures. God doesn't take pleasure in His death. However, if he had repented then all heaven would take note.

This is not for you Mr. Bill. Have Christians become so callous that they cannot shead a tear for lost sinners? Or would we like to be the first at the gallows?

EDIT:
Chris,

Yes, I would love to see that indeed. Of course, since he is already condemned to death he has nothing to fear in converting to the truth. AMEN. I weep for the same brother, another sinner meeting a Just and Holy God, who didn't tremble, nor repent. Chills my bones!

2006/12/29 16:24Profile
dohzman

Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

2006/12/29 17:18Profile

I havent really given it a lot of thought.

My thoughts and prayers are with our guys and girls in uniform that could get caught in the hellstorm that Sunni insurgents, or ex-Baathist gangs unleash post execution.

When I look at Saddam Hussein I see the descendants of the same that gave King Hezekiah such hell way back when. or those that torched the first Temple, which was the best Temple of the three. Sometimes in my hearts eye, I can SEE King Solomon praying that first night at the Temple (1 Kings 8) when the Glory filled the Temple. What a moment that must have been, then came the Assyrians, and then the babylonians, and they torched it all.....and what's really even more sad is that is was the Persian Kings who gave the remnant the wherewithall and resource to go back and rebuild the Temple, and its the descendants of these Persian kings whom Israel will probably have to hit hard to prevent from possessing the nuclear option.

as far as saddam, just another assyrio-babylonian king getting put to the sword, whats new? If you lay with dogs, you're gonna get fleas.

2006/12/29 18:03
Chariot

Re:

Quote:
My thoughts and prayers are with our guys and girls in uniform that could get caught in the hellstorm that Sunni insurgents, or ex-Baathist gangs unleash post execution.

Which makes the whole situation all the more tragic. That the 'judgement' of Saddam - which has already cost the lives of thousands of troops, others maimed for life, and tens of thousands of Iraqians - may require further bloodshed, is heart-rending.

2006/12/29 19:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy