Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The VOICE of GOD

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
EVAVGELIST

PERRIS CA

Re:

Oh, I believe in the Word of God 100%, but what I am saying is once you know God’s voice you know his voice. John 10:4-5 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for THEY KNOW HIS VOICE. 5 And a stranger WILL THEY NOT FOLLOW, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

I hope you don’t get me wrong, I believe we need to study God’s Word however; I have had friends who have been kidnapped at times, duck taped from head to toe, beaten with rifles for preaching the gospel. When this happened they did not have a Bible handy, but they still heard the VOICE OF GOD in the midst of it all.

I hope this will help, I remember during training, I would train so much I knew my trainer’s voice, it would constantly go through my head, chin down, hands up, side to side….. I knew his voice so well because of hours of training. When it came down to the fight (boxing match), there could be a thousand people yelling, right, left, look out, jab, jab,…….but when I’m in the ring I hear nothing but my trainers voice, and a strangers voice I would not follow, in fact, if I did I would probably pay a consequence (get knocked out).

What I am about to say is hard to communicate on paper but let me try. Anyone can quote Scripture, a Satanist, a false preacher, anyone. But not everyone can be a vessel that the VOICE OF GOD flows through. For example: I hear a lot of preachers preaching false doctrine using Scriptures that are twisted. Oh, they quote Scripture but it is not the voice of God. The devil quoted Scripture to Jesus but whose voice was it that spoke? Oh, he used Scripture but it was the voice of the devil that was heard. I don’t know this is hard to write. Just another thought.

About terminology, why do some look down on someone who says God said…… but it is OK to say the Lord put it in my heart???

Josh

2006/12/31 2:07Profile
DoulosQuinn

Re: The VOICE of GOD

I always feel uncomfortable when people say "GOD...me to _______" Many men I went to Bible college with would say "GOD lead...", "GOD told..." "put it on my heart" but lots I would discern it was not right, and foolishly I would challange them, and reason with them that it may not be HIM, then time would come, and things did not go according to GOD's socalled instructions then they would avoid me. I was hurt, but knew that HE lets me fall on my face in presumption, because HE loves me, and desires we do it right together with HIM in Spirit, and truth.

Sure enough I step out in faith, and occasionally "walk on water" in the kingdom of GOD, but let your WORD's be few when attributing GOD direct revealation, even if you really have a scoop, HE sometimes shows just what you need, so don't always brodcast it, rather I would wait pray, and share if it seems right, but without drawing conclusions.

Quinn

2006/12/31 22:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy