SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Satan a fallen Angel?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Satan a fallen Angel?

Can you find any scripture that says Satan was 100% a fallen angel?

2006/12/28 16:34
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Satan a fallen Angel?

check this out from Isaiah 14

[b]12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, F76 son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened F77 not the house of his prisoners?[/b]

Lucifer was made to be the chief angel of praise with pipes, Jewels etc see here Ezekiel 28

[b]11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, F136 topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. [/b]

now we see here that who is being described is not a human king but a cherub which is one of the kinds of angel in heaven. this is describing lucifer before his fall. not sure why he is called the king of tyre here but this is clearly him.

hope that helps

2006/12/28 17:06Profile

Re:

Yea.. I've read those verse but it doesn't say it is Satan. It would appear to be but it could be just descriptive language to describe the King of Tyre and the King of Babylon. So can one say those verses are 100% a description of Satan?

2006/12/28 17:36
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Sscott, hope you are well.

Take a look at Revelation 12:7.

Hope this is helpfull,

Chris

2006/12/28 18:30Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Concerning Ezekiel 28

Hi again,

Quote:
It would appear to be but it could be just descriptive language to describe the King of Tyre

It may be that this passage has both in view, that is the earthly king and, perhaps, the Devil.

For instance, verse 13 speaks of this being having been in [i]Eden, the garden of God[/i] and speaks of him having been [i]created[/i] as opposed to being born and verse 14 appears to call him [i]the anointed cherub that covereth[/i].

What do you think?

Chris

2006/12/28 18:50Profile
dohzman

Re: Satan a fallen Angel?

Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luk 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Rember who spoke this, GOD! But if you're looking for something that says, "satan was an angel in heaven who fell and was cast out, than you need to ask yourself if you really want to know truth. :-o

Had to add this

Quote:
100% a fallen angel

No place in scripture does it say in those stark terms. But than again angel means: ἄγγελος
aggelos
Thayer Definition:
1) a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger from God
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Still not completely sure what you're asking for though.

2006/12/28 19:45Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Sscott
you're right it doesn't say so but the reference seems unlikely to be an earthly king since whoever this was also was in eden. we know lucifer was cast down from heaven to earth and so in this regard the king of Tyre is most likely lucifer. however in the passage from Isaiah we see that lucifer is fallen from heaven. the only other beings in heaven aside from God are angels.

2006/12/28 19:46Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

then bro Chris brought up Rev 12 which really really spells it out.satan is the dragon who fought against michael and was cast down with his angels.

2006/12/28 19:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy