SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : This minute you are in

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

This minute you are in

Years ago I heard preaching on being ready in the twinkling of an eye. The preaching was of course about a rapture coming on a church people who’s heart was not ready for the return of Christ because of being caught up with this world and in love with it instead of Jesus. The position of the speaker was from the perspective that many or even most people who attend churches are not really born again and ready to face the Lord and also that people are not saved and automatically stay saved if there choice is to live for this world. Predestination would be considered as a person staying in Christ and not leaving the boat {Christ} which has a predestination or staying in a city of refuge and not going outside of the border of that city and being safe in Christ as long as one is abiding in Christ and the vine.

Whether a person believes in the pre trib Rapture or not, or whether a person believes in being saved and never being able to fall away isn’t what I’m trying to bring out right now, it is the idea of whether a person is ready to face the Lord in the minute that we are in that I’m thinking of right now. Many people on this forum who do not believe in a pre trib or mid trib rapture would agree that there are many people in the organized church who are not saved and therefore not ready to meet God in this minute.

In one of Johnathan Edward’s sermons, I heard an audio sermon trying to bring this out in a similar way the rapture preaching I had heard was brought out. He said at that time that there was a season that they were in {The Great Awakening} that people were being called to get right with God and repent. That no one knows how long this season will last and that many and often young people who had the chance to choose the Lord had already passed on. There was an urgency to repent and choose at that moment to serve and turn to God and not miss the door of opportunity that was then wide open and would soon shut.

In first Corinthians chapter eleven the apostle Paul warned the Corinthian church to examine their hearts before God before taking communion. They were to judge themselves. I’ve seen very few people refuse communion and yet many people who profess Jesus seem to go on with their love for this world that take communion regularly. When this is happening has a person really examined their heart and confessed it to the Lord or are they just presumptuous and not really ready to take the communion or ready to meet God in the minute that they are in? How many people that are told they are saved by praying the sinners prayer haven’t repented of their sins before praying the prayer and thus not really been born again? How many people who feel so secure in their sins are not really ready in this minute to meet God and his sure judgement?

It is very heartbreaking to see the lack of revival in the organized churches but it is much worse to know that it has been in my own life. There have been victories in my life but when I look real close I see a lot of puffed up pride and chaff that has taken place. Much dross that wasn’t taken away and repented of through much of my Christian life has kept a lot of good things from happening . Most of the time I didn’t even know it was going on feeling very safe in going part way with God instead of the whole way. Instead of being a living sacrifice {Romans 12:1+2} and a burnt offering totally consumed by the fire of God; offering only part of my life and still holding on to something. It’s very easy for us to feel safe in a partial offering when we compare ourselves to others who don’t offer anything to God but are we really safe at all in this partial offering that is really a stink to God’s nostrils. Isaiah had been a prophet for quite a while before he realized his lips were unclean. Who will go?

A lot has been said in these few paragraphs. Some about salvation an some about service. So, how is it with you in this minute you are in? Have you fooled yourself into thinking you are saved and yet are still in your sins? Have you fooled yourself and in pride walked a partial walk that is in some way conformed to this world and thus in a place to be spewed out and not fit for his service? Are you a half baked cake; baked on one side and yet not baked on the other? Are you a vessel of honor fit for his use?

The only way to change these situations is to admit it. The only way to be ready in this minute is to confess our sins to God.

2006/12/28 6:14Profile
DoulosQuinn

Re: This minute you are in

AMEN brother I agree this is good to stir up our heart!!

Quote:

GaryE wrote:

In first Corinthians chapter eleven the apostle Paul warned the Corinthian church to examine their hearts before God before taking communion. They were to judge themselves. I’ve seen very few people refuse communion and yet many people who profess Jesus seem to go on with their love for this world that take communion regularly. When this is happening has a person really examined their heart and confessed it to the Lord or are they just presumptuous and not really ready to take the communion or ready to meet God in the minute that they are in? How many people that are told they are saved by praying the sinners prayer haven’t repented of their sins before praying the prayer and thus not really been born again? How many people who feel so secure in their sins are not really ready in this minute to meet God and his sure judgement?

It is very heartbreaking to see the lack of revival in the organized churches but it is much worse to know that it has been in my own life. There have been victories in my life but when I look real close I see a lot of puffed up pride and chaff that has taken place. Much dross that wasn’t taken away and repented of through much of my Christian life has kept a lot of good things from happening . Most of the time I didn’t even know it was going on feeling very safe in going part way with God instead of the whole way. Instead of being a living sacrifice {Romans 12:1+2} and a burnt offering totally consumed by the fire of God; offering only part of my life and still holding on to something. It’s very easy for us to feel safe in a partial offering when we compare ourselves to others who don’t offer anything to God but are we really safe at all in this partial offering that is really a stink to God’s nostrils. Isaiah had been a prophet for quite a while before he realized his lips were unclean. Who will go?

The only way to change these situations is to admit it. The only way to be ready in this minute is to confess our sins to God.

I am covinced that we should not take lightly "Today do not harden your heart" GOD have mercy on me please...

2006/12/31 21:50Profile

Re:

Let this truth sink deep into your hearts.

Luk 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Are we poor? Are we of a contrite and humble spirit? Not yesterday. Not 5 minutes ago. Now?

Luk 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Are we hungry for God or are we full of selfishness? Are we stretching forth our hands unto Him? Does our soul thirst after Him, as a thirsty land. As Hell is thirsting for water, is our soul thirsting for God?

Are we mourning with God, or are we laughing with the world. Are your eyes consumed with the grief of God or are they delighted by the worlds vanity? Has the LORD heard the voice of your weeping or has He heard the laughter of your silly jokes?

Can you say with Paul, "I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart?" Or, do you have great laziness and continual apathy in your heart?

Luk 6:25 Woe unto you that are full for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

Pro 23:17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

Psa 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Psa 71:15 My mouth shall show forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.

Psa 35:28 And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.

2007/1/1 1:49
BereanMinded

Re: ABE?

do you mean now!!!even though its "new years?"

2007/1/1 1:58Profile

Re:

Rom 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Psa 119:158 I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.

Psa 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Psa 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

2007/1/1 19:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy