SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Final Words

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Final Words

The thoughts that came to me after the thread on The Purpose Driven Life vs. My Utmost and the message I listened to by Devern Fromke. (thanks again, Mike)

FINAL WORDS

I was listening to a message by a wonderful speaker- Devern Fromke. His age and Godly wisdom really awed me. When most people get to a certain age they have really narrowed down the "important things".

This prompted me to think about my own life and beliefs. What do I have it narrowed down to? I have many zealous thoughts, beliefs and principles that are constantly flowing through me- yet, if I had to narrow it down to the most important- what would it be? If I was dying and only had a short time to live- what would I have to say to others- to friends, relatives- even strangers?

This is what came to me and I pray that God would use it as He sees fit:

~Do you know how much Jesus loves you? Won't you give your everything to Him? Won't you throw up your hands in total surrender to Him? He longs to have you to Himself. What a love He has for you!

Secondly, be so discerning! There are so many false teachings these days, false Christianity. Pray for discernment, ask for it. Just because there is a Christian label on it, doesn't mean it's Christian or that it's the Truth. Don't jump on any bandwagons (yes, even Christian ones). Jesus is never on the bandwagon.

Take care to only go where He leads. One of my mottos has been "Hold onto the hem of His robe at all times- so as not to be decieved." Go where He goes- not where man leads.

Encourage others to do the same.

Encourage them to "surrender all" to a most sovereign God- who is worthy of all our devotion- who will care for our slightest need when we trust in Him.

Encourage others to hang onto the hem of his robe and follow Him around.

This world is so quickly passing away. Our mind must be on the eternal- not the temporal.

In the words of Devern Fromke: "Be wrecked on God". All of our Principles, our Purposes, our dreams don't amount to anything in the light of His gloriousness.

May He draw you, crushingly, back to him alone. Let him draw you so close that you can't breathe- that his breath becomes your breath- His heartbeat becomes your heartbeat. Let him live through you.

He is BETTER than ANYTHING this world has to offer.

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/2/22 12:25Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Final Words

Highly recommended book: Devern Fromke's "Ultimate Intention"

This book is on the eternal purpose of God, a recurring theme in T. Austin-Sparks, Watchman Nee, Stephen Kaung, etc.
-------------------------------

I still see value in "The Purpose-Driven Church". As you can see, I take an integrative approach -- pastors like Rick Warren provides us with ideas on having an effective and relevant [i]form,[/i] but we definitely need to fill the [i]content[/i] with the life of Christ. I don't see the two as mutually exclusive.

We probably will never see eye to eye on this issue--but certainly mere criticism of other's work does not build up the Kingdom of God. Let us all serve God by giving our utmost for his highest (note: Rick Warren is an Oswald Chambers fan too), each according to our calling and understanding. Glory be to God.

2004/2/26 10:44Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Someone who knows the truth and has the 'content' may well be able to get some useful things from the books. Actually, there are probably many seekers who will also get some good out of the book. God will use it as a stepping stone - I pray.

I was once in this position of consuming this type of food- milk, i guess you could say. I was in this position for almost 20 yrs. Finally, when real meat was shown to me- and saw that it was about "surrendering" all- yes, my own dreams, my ouwn will, my own rights, everything changed. And now, everything that was once milk had turned 'sour'. There is definitely not enough meat out there, especially in the churches.

Maybe we won't agree- but that is ok. I am not offended and it looks as though you are not either. Praise God! Loving- in spite of who is right or wrong is better anyway. :-)

In Him, Chanin

2004/2/26 14:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy