SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Islam is Satan Worship

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Hiatus

point taken, whats next?

2006/12/29 4:49
DoulosQuinn

Re: LORD thank YOU

I must admit I was reading my RE's and I found that now (I am very tired) I see that my demeaner, and tone, and attiude are not represented very clearly.

It is easy to take boldness, and assertiveness as being arrogant. But the WORD says the righteous are as bold as a lion, I have Christ's righteousness. So I weld HIS WORD confidently because whatever is truly HIS, HE can back up.

Still I wanted to express the point, writing is impersonal, but I am not. I am tender hearted, because when I destroyed my heart, HE gave me HIS. So please believe that the tone of these is in the form of pleading.

Praise GOD

2006/12/29 5:03Profile
DoulosQuinn

We don't receive honor from men

Still our praise is to come from them, and not ourselves.

So for HIS glory I will have you look at this site, and Greg, whom I know.

He does not find his joy (as many adminisraters do) in making a plan, and seeing it succeed.

I would have you discren as I do, he gets his joy, by seeking the LORD, doing what seems right by faith, when it is finished his, our, and GOD's joy is seeing how the LORD uses it for HIS glory, revealing HIS presence in it.

better then being the little head, is seeing our "HEAD exalted" (psalm 27)

without wax, Quinn

2006/12/29 5:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Waiting

Quinn,

You still have some explaining to do ...

Quote:
As for Brother Andrew, I refuse to pay good money to read the thoughts of a priest of Baal in his ecumenical efforts to bring us under one great "Roman umbrella." (Crsschk is this contentious? or Matter of fact?)

2006/12/29 8:24Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Islam is Satan Worship

I wanted to apologize for the original tone and language of my post.
When I read the title of the original post I couldn't help to think of Ravi Zacharias' quote 'You can't cut off a person's nose and then offer them a rose.'
When we get into calling things and people agents of satan, we ignore their definite needs for the true gospel of Jesus Christ.
How many times did Jesus have to assure people that he didn't come to condemn them but to bring them grace... Jesus always gave grace before judgement. Except in the case of hypocracy.
My response to this post was out or righteous anger, I saw the word of God clothed in a coat of hatred... that is hypocracy! That is as bad as stealing homes from widows. You're stealing Jesus from every believer of Islam when you call them satanic... you're putting a weight on them that you wouldn't even bear yourself.
When was the last time you looked in the mirror and said 'Without the grace of God I am nothing but a selfish, proud, hate filled Satan Worshiper.'
Someone who goes around calling others Satan Worshipers obviously hasn't understood the full grace of God in their own lives, I certainly recall myself that the bible called me an ENEMY of God! Until I knew Jesus, and had Him in my heart I was no better than any person living in the Arab world under the yoke of Islam.

I mentioned the Brother Andrew book because it was my personal wake up call that muslims are people, they need Jesus just like you and me... and JUST LIKE ME they are enemies of God without Jesus -they may live in a different country and worship a different religion, but that is no different than when I lived with my parents and worshiped myself.

2006/12/29 11:44Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Who's devil is it ..

Hi Ian,

Appreciate your candor.

Quote:
When was the last time you looked in the mirror and said 'Without the grace of God I am nothing but a selfish, proud, hate filled Satan Worshiper.'

Yes ...

Quote:
I mentioned the Brother Andrew book because it was my personal wake up call that muslims are people, they need Jesus just like you and me... and JUST LIKE ME they are enemies of God without Jesus -they may live in a different country and worship a different religion, but that is no different than when I lived with my parents and worshiped myself.

Oh precise brother! Well said.

2006/12/29 11:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:
When I read the title of the original post I couldn't help to think of Ravi Zacharias' quote 'You can't cut off a person's nose and then offer them a rose.'

That is some great advice!

I might want to interject this too:
Some well-meaning individuals who are taking a "stand" for [u]truth[/u] are actually taking a "stand" for an [u]interpretation[/u] of truth.

It is a great and terrible thing to pass judgment upon a person (such as Brother Andrew) based upon the little that we actually know about him. I am quite sure that Brother Quinn means well in his posts, but it is important that he knows that it is unwise to make a blanket allegation about an individual. We all realize (and can safely conclude) that Islam is a massive cult based upon lies. Why? The Qur'an itself is a direct contradiction to the Word of Truth. The teachings of Islam undermine the Gospel of Christ, because Islam teaches that "God has no Son." Brother Andrew's ministry, [url=http://sb.od.org/index.php?supp_page=our_work&supp_lang=en]Open Doors[/url], attempts to bring physical manuscripts of the true Word of God into Islamic nations. In nations where every Bible must be accounted for, this is a big and dangerous thing.

Before we go around calling a brother a follower of Baal, we should first "walk a mile in his shoes" -- rather than convict him by what we read or interpret.

Far too often, certain adherents of a certain belief will reject the "spiritual condition" of those with whom they disagree. Such doctrinal and denominational divisions have hindered a true corporate move of God for far too long. There are so many doctrinal and "spiritual" topics that are open to discussion and interpretation. A list could be made about the variances in belief about certain issues. Whether or not we believe "God told us" something (and revealed it through the English or Greek Word) is irrelevant. It is, in my opinion, better to hold on to a persuasion about such divisive issues instead of having a "[i]God told me -- I'm right -- You're wrong -- You're in danger of being a heretic[/i]" type of attitude. Remember, at one time or another, we were not quite so mature in the Lord. We did not have all of the "knowledge" that we have now. Were we heretics or "prophets of Baal" during that time?

Remember, boldness without restraint is just disruption that typically lacks humility.

:-)

2006/12/29 13:41Profile

Chrisssss

Quote:
Remember, boldness without restraint is just disruption that typically lacks humility.

Now THATS a good word, Chris....well spoken. (I mean, well written, but after all, good writing, is just transcribing what we hear in our souls and in our hearts.)

neil

2006/12/29 13:46
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re: Chrisssss

Well, before this thread gets locked, I'd like to say that I appreciated the Koranic verses that establish that Allah is a great deceiver. God forbid that people think we worship the same God. This is very timely! My fellowship is currently engaged in witnessing to a small mosque.

EDIT: I must say something else. These Muslims, regardless what I or anyone else thinks about them, are extremely dedicated and hospitable. In some cases I've received worse treatment from so-called Christians that this group of Muslims. May the God of Abraham open thier blind eyes.

2006/12/29 15:00Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Agreed Nlong,

I wonder how much of the opinions that people in general have about mohamedens is from first had experience or from what they have been told by the media. We only hear about the ones that blow people up. Now the whole perception is that they are more radical than us. Rubbish, try tell that to the chinese, tibetan church and the countless numbers who are not dieing on the front page of some daily newspaper, but is some shallow grave in the middle of nowhere. The people who serve our master have died more for their faith than a few hundred fanatics. We are being set up to believe that every single mohameden is packing a vest, or wanting to blow someone up.

Having done allot of business with them in my city, they are the same as christians (generally speaking). Some of them are serious in their 'faith', so are we. Some of them are lukewarm, so are we. They have families, they have kids, they have dreams and desires and I can tell you now that most of them want to live in peace, and also get a bargain.:-D

As to the original post on this thread, they do worship an idol, and unless they repent...we know the story.

Sorry if I vented, its not directed at anyone in particular, its just that there are so many lies being told people.

2006/12/29 15:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy