SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Woman should not teach men.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Greetings all.

Would like to offer a few qoutes and put them over the backdrop of our motives in participating in such a place as this, devoted as it is, to seeing revival and the moving of God's Holy Spirit amongst His people.

First, from the pen of one so well associated with that very thing in America, Jonathan Edwards:

"The first and worst cause of error that prevails in our day is spiritual pride. [b]This is the main door by which the devil comes into the hearts of those who are [u]zealous[/u] for the advancement of Christ[/b]. It is the chief inlet of smoke from the bottomless pit to darken the mind and mislead the judgment, and the main handle by which Satan takes hold of Christians to hinder a work of God. Until this disease is cured, medicines are applied in vain to heal all other diseases."

"[b]One under the influence of spiritual pride is more apt to instruct others than to ask questions[/b]. Such a person naturally puts on the airs of a master. The eminently humble Christian thinks he needs help from everybody, whereas the spiritually proud person thinks everybody needs his help. Christian humility, under a sense of others’ misery, entreats and beseeches, but spiritual pride commands and warns with authority."

Being as this place, having so much in the way of wisdom, and grace from on High, written and recorded for us, from those from days past, is so open and ready for us to partake of, seeing this then this qoute above seems especially striking.

Being surrounded by so many eminently wise and proven counselors from the past, how is it we have so much instruction to give?

And I think too of these words from the pen of David

[b][color=000000] Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.[/color][/b]

Peace be with you all in Christ Jesus

2007/1/3 8:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy