SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Christianity is fighting back in the UK" ?!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

take no offense brother Adam

the UK is a wonderful place, and produced a man of God, (actually two) firstly Duncan Campbell, who even though is with the Lord, has served as mentor and a Godly guide and teacher for me, as well as the ministry of Evan Roberts.

Both these men, one Welsh, one Scot have blessed me tremendously.

and may the Lord bless you today, neil

2006/12/23 16:45
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: take no offense brother Adam

As for Germany and Britain being the "most godless nations in the EU"

How about France!!! or Portugal!!

2006/12/23 19:16Profile
BereanMinded

Prayer meetings

I heard that they have 24 hr prayer meetings all over london.

Is that true?

2006/12/24 0:44Profile

Re: Prayer meetings

Quote:
I heard that they have 24 hr prayer meetings all over london.

Is that true?

I don't know about 'all over' but there is a 'prayer wall' in my city in the Midlands and I believe it is not the only one.

2006/12/24 5:27
Here4Him

England

Re:

Brother Adam, I thank God for you! I say a big AMEN to your prayer for England, our country, a country once great by God's grace. May He make it so again by turning us back to Himself!

"Lord, in Your mercy remember our nation! Send a revival as of old - raise up preachers, intercessors and prophets, unafraid of men with reverance towards God!"

Let's not give up on our land, as wicked and godless as it is, who knows if God will perhaps visit us again.

And Bartle my brother, i do want to remind you that God has raised up more than 2 men of God from the UK! You didn't even credit Him for raising up one English man of God! Not even one! Can i present before you, John Wesley, George Whitefield, Rolland Hill, William Carey, William Booth, CH Spurgeon to mention just a few!

He did it then and i am trusting Him to do it again! Amen Father glorify Your great Name!

2006/12/24 15:44Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Brother Neil i have thought of a few more men of God that He has raised up from England. The list is endless!

George Muller, James Hudson-Taylor, Henry Martyn, JC Ryle, Charles Wesley, Daniel Rowland, John Bunyan, William Cowper, George Fow, Isaac Watts, John Hooper, all the Puritans (Sibbes, Brooks, Flavel, Charnock, Watson, John Owen, George Swinnock, Thomas Manton etc) William Tynedale, John Wycliffe (without these last two neither the UK or the US would have had personal Bibles!), Hugh Latimer, Thomas Bilney, Leonard Ravenhill, Martin Lloyd Jones, William Wilberforce, Smith Wigglesworth, Derek Prince, John knox, Christmas Evans, Billy Bray, Horatius and Andrew Bonar, Robert Murray Mcheyne (these three were scottish), John Elias, AW Pink, CT Studd, Gipsey Smith, Thomas Goodwin, Matthew Henry, Augustus Toplady, William Gurnell, Samuel Rutherford and i could go on!!!!

Sorry to be so bold in making my point brother!

I just want to give glory to God for what He has done in this nation in the past and for how good He has been to us by giving us these men filled with His Spirit!

Oh that He might raise up some more for His glory in my country and yours!

Amen

2006/12/24 16:46Profile
DoulosQuinn

England is rich

British history has much in the way of HIS work, HE is HOLY to let people reap what they sow, but HE is not done with that nation. I am so thankful to HIM for all the praise leaders (deleriou, Tim hughs, Paul oakly...more)
Quinn

2006/12/25 2:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
point being: I get a [i]check in the spirit[/i] when I hear about Christianity "fighting" back.

Amen, brother. What does "Christianity fighting back" really mean? What, in fact, is Christianity? Some system of beliefs or doctrine? Some ideology? Some dead letter?

I'd say that Christianity is the risen Christ, alive in the members of His body. Hence, "Christianity fighting back," by neglecting the work of the Chief Cornerstone, makes any move of God sound no different from some secular propaganda like "feminism in the upsurge" or "a return to communism."

Doctrines do not fight. For the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. Are we then expecting a blind world (of secular journalism) to see the kingdom of heaven? (John 3:3) Are we mocking their blindness? Can they tell the difference between a sheep and a goat?

In Christ,
Slavyan

P.S. Please forgive me if I sounded sarcastic here. I think I might have. Sometimes I feel like we become too earthly minded when we focus on what the world says about us. The Lord wants us to focus on the things that are above.

2006/12/25 10:19
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: take no offense brother Adam

bartle

How truly wise, and close to God you must be, to be able to state that the United Kingdom, in all her history has only brought forth 2 men of God.
My hope for the next year is that I can speak for God as confidently as you.

Blessings Greg

P.S. In a past life, were you called beenblake?

2006/12/25 12:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Here4Him,
Do you not include yourself in this number? If you walk in obedience you are no less important then the 'big' names you quoted...

Didn't mean to pick, just wanted you to realize all who walk the walk are important to God, whether we think of ourselves as this way or not...Have a blessed day....

ginnyrose

2006/12/25 12:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy