SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Christianity is fighting back in the UK" ?!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
adamdawkins

"Christianity is fighting back in the UK" ?!

Hi all,

I felt the Lord lead me to flick through the Daily Mail, a tabloid newspaper in the UK. I say He lead me because I was expecting to find something on Christianity. The person that wrote the following article is clearly not describing a revival, or anything like a geniune move of God like we long for, but never-the-less, I thought it would be interesting to post it and see what people have to say.

The following article was in a tabloid in the UK today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/newscomment.html?in_article_id=424082&in_page_id=1787&in_page_id=1787&expand=true

May God truly revive this once great nation for His glory!

Adam.

2006/12/21 17:54Profile

Re: "Christianity is fighting back in the UK" ?!

Interesting..

A while back I felt like God was calling me to go do a bit of mission work, and He later revealed England as the place to go. It's only going to be a temporary thing and it won't be especially soon as I need to finish high school and then save up enough money to go, but someday I'll be going. When I told my dad about it, he said that England doesn't need any missionaries 'cause they're a Christian nation. Unfortunately he doesn't know that that's not quite true anymore...

God has mighty things in store for the UK... people, not just in the UK but around the world, just need to wake up and realize it.

(It's funny that you posted this today, 'cause just a few hours ago I was starting to wonder if God even wanted me to go... "maybe it's just my imagination..". This reminded me that it's His will, not my own.)

2006/12/21 18:49
adamdawkins

Re:

Cool! I nearly didn't bother posting it :)

When you do make it over, let me know and we'll meet up. Wesley didn't even see change in my town!

Keep going, keep trusting Him!

Adam.

2006/12/22 5:25Profile

Adam,

Very interesting article.

It expresses beautifully what I've tried to share privately with some of our American brethren on SI, about the relatively comfortable colour mix we have here.

I thought this response from Andrea (writing on the Daily Mail website), captures something close to my perspective.

Quote:
The problem is not that we don't need Christianity, but that fundamentalism of other religion (including atheism - one of the great hidden religions) rushes into the vacuum left by British apathy. Anyone who thinks that Britain will become some great fount of multi-cultural and secular wisdom probably also thinks that Tony Blair is truthful.

I have been truly disappointed by Tony Blair's barely virtual lip-service to Christian values in our country.

2006/12/22 7:03
adamdawkins

Re:

Yes, there are rumours that Blair is even involved in organisations such as Free Masonry and the like. I doubt my response on the Daily Mail site will get posted :P

Blesings,

Adam.

2006/12/22 9:37Profile
adamdawkins

Re:

Lord, in Your mercy remember our nation! Send a revival as of old - raise up preachers, intercessors and prophets, unafraid of men with reverance towards God!

Amen!

2006/12/22 11:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
Lord, in Your mercy remember our nation! Send a revival as of old - raise up preachers, intercessors and prophets, unafraid of men with reverance towards God!

Amen
Thanks for posting the link to this article Adam!

2006/12/22 14:09

the last for real revival I read about was so far from the City of London as humanly possible and that was the move of God in the Hebridean revival of 1949-53, and before that in Wales in 1904-05.

Don't mistake me brother, I love the UK. Besides my mother country the US, its the only other place I feel comfortable, but you guys over there got de facto asheroth poles hanging about, and I'm referencing Stonehendge and the lot.

I was just asking my pastor the other day when the Gospel was first brought to the islands.

He didnt know and neither did I, but i can tell you this, if the Gospel was brought via the roman church, post 345 AD, that was no gospel at all. ( I dont want to get into the whole sectarian mess in the UK, but rome is just a whore and a harlot)

furthermore as a Jew saved by grace, England has a TERRIBLE history regarding our people, to wit:

Quote:
Although a few Jews came from Roman times onwards, the majority came to England, from Rouen in France, with William the Conqueror in 1066. The first English "Street of the Jews" was recorded in London in 1128 and by 1229, 17 towns had a Jewry.

Until the time of Stephen (1135-54) the Jews had prospered. He sought to protect them but he also sought to tax them - up to one fourth of their liquid assets.

At the coronation of Richard the Lion Hearted in 1189, Jews bearing handsome gifts were refused entry by officials and pelted by mobs. The story circulated that the king wished them exterminated and many Jews were killed in riots and their stately homes were burned. Richard punished the ringleaders and sought to prevent further outrages and protect his financial interest in "his Jews". When Richard left for the third crusade in 1190 a series of terrible massacres wiped out several Jewish communities. The York riot was the worst. Before following Richard to the crusades, warriors, many of whom were heavily in debt to the Jews, plundered the possessions of the Jews. The Jews fled to the castle and were besieged by the warriors. When the Jews realised they were doomed they took their own lives. The few surviving when the tower was stormed were slaughtered. The attackers then went to the cathedral and burned the records of their financial obligations to their victims.

King John (1167- 1216) imprisoned all Jews, tortured many and extorted 60,000 silver marks. In 1194 English Jewry was called to Northampton to allocate a Tallage of 5000 marks – their contribution to ransom of Richard I. Also in 1194 "The Exchequer of the Jews" was set up to control money lending activities. Every Jewish moneylender had to swear an oath on the Torah scrolls that he would register all his bonds. The church forbade money lending for interest so the Jews were needed as they did not have such a prohibition. Although many Jews became wealthy through money-lending, their legal status was one of rightlessness". "The Jew can have nothing of his own, for whatever he acquires, he acquires not for himself but for the king". In 1210 John arrested all wealthy Jews and demanded a ransom for their release. Roger of Wendover recorded the story of one "Jew of Bristol" who refused to pay his ransom. The king ordered his torturers to pull out one of his molar teeth every day until he paid the 1000 marks. He stood it for seven days, but paid the ransom when they started on his eighth tooth.

Henry III (1207-1272) taxed the Jews until many sought to leave England.

In 1218 the Council "informed what great profit might arise from the Jews if they are kindly dealt with". Prominent people were responsible for their security from molestation, "especially from the Crusaders". In March 1218 the Royal Council, under pressure from Papal legate ordered that all adult Jews wear the cloth "badge of shame". It was a yellow felt or taffeta shape representing the two tablets of the Law, 2 fingers wide by 4 long. In 1275 it was increased to 6x3. These were troubled times as the church was becoming increasingly Anti-Semitic and Crusaders were questioning going off to the "Holy Land" to kill infidels when they had Jews at home to deal with first. Jews were suspect because they were not under the rigid control the church exercised over the natives, and because they were conspicuously different and separate in dress, lifestyle, customs, language, and education (locals were illiterate and innumerate). Their business was a source of resentment to those who owed them money.

When Edward was crowned in 1272 the Jews were too poor to be needed and in 1275 his "Act concerning Jews" prohibited them from money lending.

Jewish communities throughout Europe suffered from blood libels – stories of Christian children being murdered in Jewish rituals. Blood Libel

The Expulsion

In 1290, Edward I sent secret orders to the sheriff that all Jews, with their wives, children and chattels, were, on pain of death, to quit the realm by 1 November, the feast of All Saints. The sheriff was to ensure that they suffered no injury, harm, damage or grievance in their departure. The penalty for any Jew who remained behind after that was death. In October (a month before the deadline) 16,000 had left for France and Belgium. Many did not arrive – (some were tricked by a ships captain, into leaving the ship when it ran aground in the Thames Estuary. They were then left to drown with the rising tide.)

Paris was the goal of the wealthiest, but in February 1291 Philip the Fair expelled all English Jews from his lands except those profitable to the French crown . It is not known what became of Hereford's Jews.

so, what does one say?

The British did it, we all know what the Germans did to the Jews, the French are no sweet hearts, the Slavs and the Russian cossacks raped and pillaged their Jewish ghettos, and then when it came time for the Jews to be granted by the UN a modern state of Israel, besides the arabs, the children of Ishmael, what nation was thr greatest opposer of such a state?

the UK.....

and now take a look today, what are the two most secular godless nations within the EU?

Britain and Germany.

point being: I get a check in the spirit when I hear about Christianity "fighting" back.

ours is not to fight, but to die. Would to God, modern age Christians get a taste of what REAL persecution is about, its about dying, not bleating to the press, or constructing right wing poltical "news" websites that dare to take the Name of the Lord in vain for their poltical agenda.

my last point, dear brother is this: woe to those kill and persecute God's chosen people, and I am including those who are ingrafted branches, coz God has a long memory, like forever.

in Jesus' love, neil

(oi mate, didnt mean to seem sharp, just telling it like it is.)

2006/12/22 14:59
Compton

Re:

Quote:
...when the Gospel was first brought to the islands.

... if the Gospel was brought via the roman church, post 345 AD, that was no gospel at all

Actually, I think Christianity was first imported via Roman soldiers and tradesmen who were Christians...many years before an official "Romanized" church was established. In fact, Augustine's efforts to convert Britain to Romanism was somewhat thwarted via St. Patrick.

It's fair to say, Celtic Christianity has a different flavor from the Roman brand mix.

There's some geeky facts for ya!

MC

2006/12/22 18:25Profile
adamdawkins

Re: Bartle

Quote:
point being: I get a check in the spirit when I hear about Christianity "fighting" back.

I don't want you to misunderstand me, I didn't take the article I posted a link to as if Christianity is genuinely 'fighting back' or even being re-established in the UK.

Britain is no doubt one of the most guilty nations before God, and as many prophecies as there have been since the last revivals of a new one sweeping though the UK, the latest words over the UK and London are those of Judgement, as we saw evident in the 7/7 tube bombings.

I just thought the article was interesting, and I do thank God for this Archbishop of York within the C of E, because he seems, for the most part - a God-fearing man.

We are a long way from Revival, but I don't believe God has entirely forsaken us.

As for Germany and Britain being the "most godless nations in the EU" what makes you say that? I don't ask because I disagree necessarily, but am curious - are they the most godless based on their treatment of the Jews in the past...or was there something else you were basing this statement on?

I'll be away for a few days so might not get round to replying but would appreciate your reply,

blessings,

Adam.

2006/12/22 21:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy