SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Exposing Prosperity Preachers' Lies and Schemes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Exposing Prosperity Preachers' Lies and Schemes

I usually do not promote videos on sites like youtube but I thought this was very powerful and worthy of showing the saints on this site. I would like to know the full pastors name and church if anyone knows.

Pastor Donnie gives a strong rebuke and warning to those who are misrepresenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ and fleecing the Sheep:

[b]A Word on the Love of Money (part 1)[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa6xadR6fkU&search=creflo%20dollar%20prosperity%20preacher%20false%20teaching

[b]Exposing Prosperity Preachers' Lies and Schemes (part 2)[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2HMR3zCQWY&search=creflo%20dollar%20prosperity%20preacher%20false%20teaching

2006/12/21 9:53Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re: Exposing Prosperity Preachers' Lies and Schemes

Greg,

I think that is Jimmy Swaggart's church in Lousiana. Donnie is either his son-in-law or son, I'm not sure....

2006/12/21 10:05Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Exposing Prosperity Preachers' Lies and Schemes

A serious question . Would it have been wrong for him to have named names? I know there are hundreds, maybe even thousands, and he could not name them all, but…If someone tells me there is a car being sold with dangerous faults, I would want to know what car exactly. When I speak with my family, and/or church I like to be as specific as I can. I wish not to ever hurt ,humiliate, slander or anything to anyone, but I feel obligated to protect my sheep, and that requires one to be blunt at times. These false teachings and teachers are leading many to hell. How do some of you warn your families/sheep? Generalized warnings? Or do you ever mention names? Just looking for input from other brothers and sisters. God Bless you all, and as always be much in prayer for the deceived .
TJ

2006/12/21 11:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
These false teachings and teachers are leading many to hell. How do some of you warn your families/sheep?

Brother,

I believe one must have the mind of Christ to be able to distinguish between the false and the true. Discernment is not knowing all choices or arguments and then choosing the best one so you can be prepared next time; it is not leaning on your own understanding and human common sense; it is acknowledging God--or waiting on God for instruction--in all your ways (Prov. 3:5-6). It is walking in the Spirit so that you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Gal. 5:16). And, brother TJ, the natural man does not understand the things of the Spirit; he is blind about things spiritual. You don't teach a blind man how to distinguish between darkness and light while he is still blind; you open his eyes so he can see for himself. And what it takes is a complete change, a complete transformation of the mind--it takes being born of the Holy Spirit. Paul writes, [i]"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2-3)[/i] It takes letting the anointing of God teach you about all things: trusting in Him and not in yourself. Thus, I believe there is one prerequisite for not being deceived, and it has nothing to do with our doing or ability, but with the grace of God alone, through which He has revealed to us by His Spirit:
But as it is written:
[i]“ Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.[/i] For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. [i]Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.[/i] But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. [i]But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. (1 Cor. 2:9-16)[/i]

So, brother if one is truly born of God, he will know which comes from God and which from the world. His sufficiency being of God alone, the Spirit guiding him into all truth. And this means that there will be prayer--much prayer--and reading of the Word under the illuminating power of the Spirit.

I can testify from experience and from the Word, that it takes supernatural power for one to be free from the lies of the enemy--to be saved indeed. The first church I ever went to (and I kept going there for about a year, until the fall of 2005) was a prosperity gospel church. I knew no better; I was deceived and shackled in lies and self-condemnation. But the Lord, in His mercy, revealed Himself to me, and then I sought after Him alone, and not after any church or creed or institution, and He never let me down. Even when I was faithless, He was still faithful (2 Tim. 2:13). As Paul writes, [i]"Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: 'The Lord knows those who are His'"[/i] (2 Tim. 2:19), and He has promised to reward those who diligently seek Him (Hebr. 11:6). If God can take me out of the depth of my delusion and depravity and lead me thus far, He will surely complete His good work in me until the day of Christ Jesus (Phil. 1:6).

Brother, finally, after so much rambling, I realize you must [i]simply[/i] seek the Lord on this matter like a little child. Ask Him for wisdom, and keep praying for those people until Christ is formed in them.

Grace and peace be with you,
Slavyan

2006/12/21 13:59
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Thank you for your reply, and I could not agree more. I understand what discernment is and isn’t, and it is familiarity with the Truth(Word and Light) that causes the false (darkness)to be exposed. I will rephrase my question. I am speaking of the sheep, not the goats. I would not try to persuade the goats into understanding what they cannot understand. I will give a situation I have encountered in the past. A new Christian. 1yr. Showing Fruit. Radical change from past. She says “so and so” ( a man that does not preach the gospel according to scripture, but is very popular ) is her favorite preacher. She tells people at church and at work that this man is a great preacher and teacher. She has his book(s) and says they are good and Godly.

Is she being deceived?
Should someone say something to her?
If they do, should they mention this preacher by name?
Does the shepherd of this flock not owe it to the sheep to point out the wolves?
Should the shepherd just say “wolves are bad” and pray the flock is safe?
Or should he say ”look to your left, that sheep is really a wolf”?
Is it not the shepherds job to guard against such?

I have many questions, but I’m sure you get my point.
just wanting input from others.
God Bless
tj

2006/12/21 15:05Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

I'm not sure it matters too much. You have to be carful not to pull wheat with the tares. In my past there was a time when I could hear these two different messages and didn't realize there was a difference. It wasn't someone coming to me to straighten me out that turned things around. As long as my heart was given over to God, God never let me get away with anything that wasn't from him. Whether it was from reading the written Word, singing some truth in some hymn, or hearing a preacher preaching the pure word, God straightened me out.

2006/12/21 15:29Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Very true. Thanks for posting. I needed to hear that. I know God will take care of his own. It just troubles me so greatly.
I just find myself wanting to “turn over tables” sometimes. I’m usually not like this, I truly love all. I just find myself crying sometimes. I just feel so grieved for the deceived and lost. I just want to yell from the church top “repent, repent” I so long for all to be saved. Sorry to rant, and thank you all for your posts

Until the nets are full,
TJ

2006/12/21 15:45Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

those who do have discernment, it is our duty to warn and rescue those we see headed to the slaughter of man's traditions and false teachings. paul warns many times to watch out for wolves and expose the darkness. there are many babes who need the mature to help them out.

not all seek God diligently. many need help from true shepards to guide them into truth, encouraging them to stay on the narrow path. we can't just sit around quietly hoping that they will come out, just watching them headed for the slaughter without warning them. God says, if you love me feed my sheep, feed my lambs. this is a part of feeding his sheep, by watching out for their souls, warning them of wolves. lambs are babies and do not have much discernment. they need mature christians to help guide them until they are full grown, into sheep. the Father desire us to tend to these little ones and make sure they do not stray from the path.

there are many sheep that has fallen into false doctrine already. many shepards were called to feed the lambs, but did not care to die to self for these little ones in order that they may have life. many have become lazy and say, it is in God's hands, when God has commanded us to feed these little ones into maturity! many have gotten scared because they have realized the cost, so they ran away, fearing persecution, loosing titles, and reputation!

oh God have mercy! raise up shepards after your own heart. for many shepards have gone astray and left your sheep to starve and die!

who will pick up their cross that others may live?! discipleship and discipling others will cost you everything. in order to bring truth and hope to others, you must live it out, you must live out the message. but, many will not do it because they love themselves too much. God weeps that many will not take the call, many cannot take the call, that many shepards today do not know how to feed His sheep and give them their food in season.

God have mercy on your people! for the people of God are full of selfishness! full of themselves! they care too much about saving face. who will be a fool for God? who is willing to put out all and get nothing back from this world, but see that others are lifted above them, making sure that His people will stand in confidence on that DAY?!

Galatians 4:19
My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you,

Philippians 1:8
For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ

oh God raise up shepards who has a heart like paul for your people. who cares nothing of their lives, but only to see your people come to maturity in You that You may have much glory!

2006/12/21 18:43Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

What a wonderful reply. I hear the voice of a shepherd. Very well put, myfirstLove. I believe discipleship, or lack there of, is one of the biggest problems today. Its really not shocking, considering the number of “spiritual babes” in leadership roles and in some pulpits. Last year I spoke with a licensed minister and his youth group. At one point I asked them what holiness was and they really struggled to answer it, so I tossed it to their minister to answer, thinking that he might be able to lead some of his youth to the right words to respond with. He said “well it’s kind of like….well you know it means that…hmmm…the biblical definition is not important”. I went numb.

God Bless

Until the nets are full

TJ

2006/12/21 22:54Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

2 Timothy 3:2
For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy

2006/12/26 18:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy