SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The incarnation: quotes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Here4Him

England

The incarnation: quotes

Every year i just love to ponder and meditate on the incarnation of our Lord. That God became flesh- it just blows my mind but yet still i love to meditate on it!

I am preaching Christmas eve on Christ's incarnation and so i am looking for good quotes and illustrations to help me mediatate on it and then preach it. If you know of any i'd be gratefull if you share them with me! Thanks.

Here's a few to get us going:

Incarnation - Jesus Christ

"The divine Son became a Jew; the Almighty appeared on earth as a helpless human baby, unable to do more than lie and stare and wriggle and make noises, needed to be fed and changed and taught to talk like any other child... The more you think about it, the more staggering it gets."

Packer, J. I.

"The glory of the incarnation is that it presents to our adoring gaze not a humanized God or a deified man, but a true God-man - one who is all that God is and at the same time all that man is: one on whose almighty arm we can rest, and to whose human sympathy we can appeal."

Warfield, Benjamin B.

"Lying at your feet is your dog. Imagine, for the moment, that your dog and every dog is in deep distress. Some of us love dogs very much. If it would help all the dogs in the world to become like men, would you be willing to become a dog? Would you put down your human nature, leave your loved ones, your job, hobbies, your art and literature and music, and choose instead of the intimate communion with your beloved, the poor substitute of looking into the beloved's face and wagging your tail, unable to smile or speak? Christ by becoming man limited the thing which to Him was the most precious thing in the world; his unhampered, unhindered communion with the Father. "

C.S. Lewis.

2006/12/21 9:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy