SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I have a question! Hopefully someone can answer it?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
GloryCloud

I have a question! Hopefully someone can answer it?

I know this board isn't for just for me... lol. I'm just excited and I want to learn more.

1. How do you guys approach someone that's unsaved? The Bible says that we are to say, "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". Do you just go up and say that? Been doing many different kinds of methods for years but is there a different way that you do it?

These are some questions I use: "Are you a good person? If you were to die right now, where would you go: heaven or hell? Etc"

I look at these great men of God and I see something different than what happens now.

2006/12/20 15:48Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: I have a question! Hopefully someone can answer it?

Quote:
These are some questions I use: "Are you a good person? If you were to die right now, where would you go: heaven or hell? Etc"

It sounds like you have heard of Ray Comfort. He will get you a good start on the subject.

2006/12/20 16:14Profile
GloryCloud

Re:

great!

2006/12/20 16:49Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I would first ask God what He would suggest. If God The Holy Spirit has not prepared the person to receive the truth nothing will work.

No one can come to the Father except through the Son. The Son sent the Holy Spirit to convict the world of sin. It is not up to us to save a person, it is up to God. If He sends a person to us, are we not presumptuously making our input without asking God first, a little premature.

Learn the Word for He is in us and the Holy Spirit will do the rest if we seek Him first.

Repent and be baptized is for those that John was baptizing in water, which were of Israel.

Believe and you will be saved is for unbelievers now. Then repentance and baptism into one body and one Spirit is possible.

1Cr 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Who do we trust in? Who gives the word of truth? What is the Gospel of our salvation? When we believe who is the One that seals us into our Salvation which is Christ born again in you. Who does the birthing? What is the Birthing? This is a mystery and it was revealed to Paul first. Colossians 1:26-28 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

The work of believing is of God The Holy Spirit. We preach, warning every man What, and teaching everyman in all wisdom what? That Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and He is the only one that can save us. How many will believe this unless they have been prepared by the Holy Spirit to receive it. None.

This is our prayer that we might do the work of the Christ that is in us, by the preparation of the Holy Spirit that all those that believe might be saved and presented perfect in Christ Jesus.

What a privilege that God the Father might use us in His work to save all that have been given to Jesus Christ by the Father. Who will teach all things pertaining to Jesus Christ?
1Cr 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

The Holy Spirit must dwell with a person and prepare them to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, then the Holy Spirit is in you and the Spirit of Christ is birthed in you also.

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/12/20 21:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy