Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Judge not, least ye be judged

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

I recommend this book to everyone here:

"Who Are You To Judge" by Erwin Lutzer

It's a great study of how we as believers are commanded to judge. But we must do it according to scripture. We cant judge salvation or people's hearts, but we [b]are[/b] called to test all things. We are to judge actions, teachings, philosophies, etc... We do it everyday, most of the time not realizing it.

The people who yell "Judge not lest ye be judged" are generally people who know what they are doing or saying is wrong in the sight of God.

Krispy

2007/2/19 8:57
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Judge not, least ye be judged

Good morning brothers and sisters.

I would like to express some thoughts that arise as I read through this. Please understand that I have no one of you in mind.

[b]A question of our motives comes to mind[/b].

I know that we are to judge in matters of the faith, of doctrine and of practice. And yet, what good is judgement, if it is not made in wisdom. And what is wisdom, if not truth, applied in righteousness?

So I ask,

why here?

why now?

A brother who posted on here for a while had a signature which read omething to the effect: controversy for the sake of controversy is sin.

[b]And there is also a questiton of our methods.[/b]

If in confronting error, all we do is draw attention to it, what good is that to anyone? It gives me the impression that we may seem like to others as these who said

[i]Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou.[/i]

And so we may be, holier, yet God said of them

[i]These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.[/i]

Now they did iniquity, that is true, but should we not be carefull also? For James says

[i]Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?[/i]

If then we do see error, why do we not instead speak truth?

You see a crooked line...

...lay a straight one next to it

And the error should be appearant to all. And yet, if some do not see, what did the Lord Jesus say of them, but...

[b][color=660033] Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.[/color][/b]

becuase that

[b][color=660033] Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.[/color][/b]

Again, I have no one in mind in saying these things but only sharing what was on my heart.

Chris

2007/2/19 9:53Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I've posted this article here a few times on different threads titled [url=http://cicministry.org/commentary/issue94.htm]Discernment In An Age Of Deception[/url] by Pastor Bob DeWaay.

2007/2/20 4:18Profile
Psalm73

Arkansas

Re:

DO you fear God's judgements? I don't come to start conversy just for a name, no not at all, but what do you think the worde of the Living God is? Hmm, do you think that the diversites of the operations of God, are foolish and that his word should not be regarded?
Be very carefull lest that what is spoken of in the prophets come upon you. And I say mourn ye and weep, sorrow for your poor brethren instead of celebrating foolishnes.
How is it then brethren? when ye come together every man hath his song, hath his doctrine, hath his tongue, hath his revelation, hath his interpretation: Let all things be unto edifying.
27 If any man speak with tongues, let it be two at once: or at the most three at once: and that by course, and let another interpret it:
28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the congregation, and let him speak to himself, and to god.
29 Let the prophets speak two at once, or three at once, and let other judge.
Try comparing faithofgod.net 1525 tydale english with the King James.

Amen to all the brethren
A signature with myne own hande

2007/2/20 17:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy