SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Not too many sermons about Jesus nowadays

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mattie

Not too many sermons about Jesus nowadays

One thing I notice about sermons on tv, or sermons sold in Christian bookstores, is how little the character of God or the attributes of God are mentioned? Where are the sermons simply telling us who Jesus is?

There is alot of talk about "moves of God" or "how to pray" or "how to be a leader" - all of which are good and of benefit to the body of Christ. (I'm not intending to diminish such sermons).

But the purpose of the church and the saving of the lost is the glory of God.

Thank God for sermonindex where you can find such sermons. I thank God for the remnant in this country who preach JESUS CHRIST.

The prosperity gospel is one of the greatest cancers in America to the body of Christ. It has caused us to become very self-centered in our theology rather than the pure worship of the God who is all-deserving of our life.

God have mercy on us and send a revival one more time to this nation.

2006/12/18 13:45Profile
Here4Him

England

Re: Not too many sermons about Jesus nowadays

Thanks Mattie, your right.

Paul said 'we preach Christ.....' and the 'unsearchable riches of Christ'

2006/12/18 17:48Profile

Re:

It seems only one of God's attributes is being preached today - love.

But very little is spoken of God's character and attributes other then that.

2006/12/18 17:50
Here4Him

England

Re:

tell me about it Jesse! You should have been at my church last night for the carol service!

2006/12/18 17:53Profile
Mattie

Re:

It is vital that we know the love of God. It is the fulfillment of the entire law. John the apostle wrote an entire epistle dedicated to expounding on what true love is and what it isn't.

However, to understand love we must understand first and foremost that God is holy and other than we are. The fear of God is the beginning, the starting point, the foundation of all knowledge. It is honoring God as being God. It is there that God becoming flesh and dying is the most magnificent thing the world has to hear. What love!

2006/12/18 22:45Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

A Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer is a gem of a read. Well.. a gem would be an understatement. It's an entire mountain that contains all the gems.

2006/12/18 23:15Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

not many (in the mainstream media) I would agree.
through deciet and selfishness the enemy has caused the focus to shift from christ to self- and from the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gospel of phsycology and "get rich quick" schemes mascarading as the Word of God.
but the good news is that God is faithful and he has a church, a remnent of people and i'm certain much more then we realive are walking and preaching the truth.
God told the prophet Elijah that he was not the only one who was realy serving him
God proclaimed, triumphantly, that he had 7,000 who had not bowed a knee to baal!
Praise the Lord...I'm confident that he has a ministry throughout the earth made up of true believers...men and women who want to know Jesus and desire to make him known as well.

The thing I like to keep in mind is that the media (tv, radio, news etc...etc...) is actually a small part of the population of this country. they have a loud voice but they are not, and many times do not, represent the majority. the news media will try to manipulate the politics of our nation but when election time comes it, most generally, shifts from what the media tells us is the norm.
hollywood try's to manipulate the culture of our nation by telling us what is "normal" or politically correct...but they are representing there ideas and beliefs...and sadly enough the major christian networks and christian tv and "mega churches" in our country have tried to manipulate the Gospel. but just because thay are the loudest does not make them the majority or the most effective!

you'r point is valid....the Disciples preached Jesus. Paul the Apostle said that he determined to know nothing among them whom he spoke but Jesus Christ and him crucified....Lord give us men like that. men who know that nothing they know matters outside of the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
John the Babtist said it best when he said...."I must decrease so that Jesus will increase!"

2006/12/19 0:09Profile
Peacecraft

USA

Re:

Quote:
A Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer is a gem of a read. Well.. a gem would be an understatement. It's an entire mountain that contains all the gems.

Sweet!! I just bought this at the Christian book store this week! I haven't read it yet, I look forward to it even more now :-)

2006/12/19 0:16Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

you can't go wong with Tozer!!!
God Bless. :-)

2006/12/19 8:26Profile
Josiah777

Sterling, VA

Yes, so true! I could not say it any better than this little gem of an article by Fawn Parish called "It's All About You, Jesus" says it:

http://www.reignbridge.com/?page=iaayj

May our Lord Jesus ever be our increasing Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End, and everything in-between!

2006/12/19 10:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy