SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Keep the Fire Hot

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brentbarnett

Wisconsin

Keep the Fire Hot

Here is a devotional entitled "In Life's Weariness, Don't Grow Weary of God." I thought it might be encouraging as life can wear us down.
May God revive our hearts.

http://www.injesus.com/index.php?module=message&task=view&MID=QB007B9N&GroupID=CT0138BA&label=&paging=all

2006/12/18 9:46Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Keep the Fire Hot

Dear Brent,

Thanks for sharing this devotional. It is just what I needed to read today.

I have been saved for 30 years and have followed to the best of my ability most of the time. Lately I have just felt beat down. My husband is backslidden and I have gone to church by myself for the last 29 of those years, my children aren't where they should be and I look at all the folks that have had tangible encounters with Jesus and wonder at where is my time. I was radically baptised with the Holy Spirit (while sleeping ) just a few days after being born again and that experience has sustained me all these years. But if you have never read "Hind's Feet On High Places" you should. In that book there is a part where the journey seemed to be so difficult that she cried out in despair and He was there. There is other places where the journey was so unchanging that it became just plain irritating. I feel a mixture of both.

I remember when I was first saved I met a woman and marveled that she had been waiting 18 years for Christ to appear in her husband, now I have been waiting 29 and he is getting more negative and seemingly unyielding than ever. I don't nag him, I just pray for him. But the fact I have been attacked physcially and emotionally has worn me down. I am very appreciative of your word because I realize I am grumpy about the journey and I need to repent and return to my first love. It isn't about my circumstances but about my relationship with Him. Thanks.

I will check out your book! :-)

2006/12/18 10:45Profile
brentbarnett

Wisconsin

Re:

Hi, Friend, and thanks for writing. I pray with you that God will soften your husband's heart and bring him to a place of repentance. I pray the same for your children. I encourage you to keep finding your strength in Him and in His Word, and don't stop praying. God is faithful! God bless you and may He give you rest in Him this day!

Let me know, too, what you think of the book. :-)

2006/12/18 11:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy