SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : "Spiritual Abortions" from Either Pentecost or Holocaust

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Peacecraft

USA

"Spiritual Abortions" from Either Pentecost or Holocaust

In listening to this sermon I was struck by some of Ravenhill's words. He spoke of "spiritual abortions at the alter" I was trying to figure out what that meant.

Does he mean that people are being led to the alter, not to be born again, but to be "spiritually aborted?" Not given life, but just more death? In other words is a "spiritual abortion" a false converstion? Maybe I'm looking into it too much, trying to draw parallels that don't quite fit.

Anybody else have any ideas as to what he means by "spiritual abortions at the alter?"

2006/12/18 0:27Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re: "Spiritual Abortions" from Either Pentecost or Holocaust

I believe he is saying that as a person is seeking God at the altar but instead of leading and teaching them how to be born again some would interupt the "birthing process" with a watered down method that does not complete the process. therefore, when the seeker does not go on into repentence and allow the spirit to give birth to this new life in christ....as a result of this false teaching of just confessing or changing ones mind that teaching itself will be the tool of the abortion.

Abortion, in the natural, is the interuption of life before it has the chance to be birthed.
the term "false conversion" is a term that could be synonomous with what Leonadrd Ravenhill calls "abortion at the altar."

2006/12/18 1:29Profile
Peacecraft

USA

Re:

searchin,
Ah, I see, that makes more sense! thanks for the explanation.

2006/12/19 2:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy