SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Voice of the Holy Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Voice of the Holy Spirit

Has anyone noticed how Tozer, Ravenhill, and even Lady Ten Boom seem to express the same kind of authority and power? They begin with scripture, a modern or timeless problem, application of scripture to the problem, a tone of righteous indignation and outright hatred of sin, and then a return to peaceful, reassuring tone.

I'm not sure whether this is a scholarly method taught to preachers... or, since I've never heard preaching like this in any church or by any man living - is it possible the similarities are due to the Person of the Holy Spirit?

Thoughts?

-Corey

2006/12/17 22:17

Re: Voice of the Holy Spirit

Quote:
since I've never heard preaching like this in any church or by any man living - is it possible the similarities are due to the Person of the Holy Spirit?

Yes, brother Corey! It is so simple and so amazing to be true, isn't it?

I think the verse you shared in the other thread spoke a thousand words:

"The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." John 3:8

Oh, Lord Jesus! May we be Your sheep! May we always hear Your voice! You are the Good Shepherd!
[EDIT][i]"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing" John 15:5 [/i]

2006/12/20 11:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy