SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why Do You Believe In GOD? ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Dear Rahman,

Maybe my worries are but foolishness. I become weary when the bible takes center place over Christ. There are some that think we believe in a book, rather than a Savior.

Quote:
Again the Bible (for me) is "the continuous redemptive plan story line from Genesis to the Revelation" ... It is the book about redemption and our Redeemer ...

And this, I agree.

In love,
Blake

2006/12/13 10:17Profile
Rahman

THANK GOD FOR THE BIBLE!!! ...

Thanks saints for the feedback ...

i once took a so called "ministerial test" for pastorship that said i was a tedious thinker (which also carrys over in my writing), prone to lead more from a fear of the Lord perspective than faith in the Lord, and would thereby be burdensome to most congregants in my preaching/teaching and what's expected of us as Christians ... The conclusion being that i was not a good canditate for being a pastor ... In other words no "mega-church" in my future! ... :-P

i already knew i wasn't called to pastor (thank God), but the info, especially about the 'tedious" thinking makes me keep in mind other saints who may not get my point(s) - which seems to happen often ... But i have noticed that when it comes to witnessing to the unsaved i always seem to get folk like myself, analytical, desiring concrete proof, full of lots of questions about why i'm so sure of God, and i find that witnessing from a historical point of view seems to work well with such ... Mind you tho these are the type folk that just don't seem to come to Christ without much going back and forth in debate and reasoning ... But at least unlike some who just avoid talking period, they can be engaged about what has happened and is happening from my belief in God, His plan, and His written Word ...

It's interesting that out of so many hits only four reasonings posted ... i don't say this as a
judgment, for some may not have felt an answer necessary, but i bet it made all take inventory (which is the reason for the thread) ... Why we believe in God can stand all of the esoteric answers understood amongst ourselves (saved), in fact they can become cliche' to the point of we already know (we're already in so we discern such spiritual things) ... But not so with the unsaved, for our reasonings are foolishness to them ...

This incident is giving me even more appreciation for the Bible as THE BOOK, in fact i'd say awe ... In my witnessing to the young guys on my job, one who happens to be extremely knowledgable in history, the other a real sci-fi fan (the one who asked me why i believe in God), it's the Bible that enables me to come at them both from both interests ... It's the Bible that is a real, tangible, evidence of God, that Holy Spirit enables me to come at them with ...

i sat last night and just looked at my old Ryrie KJV Study Bible, picked it up and just held it, opened it up and just looked at all His Words ... Because they are His words the Bible itself is alive ...

--- For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. - Heb.4:12

--- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. - 2Tim.3: 16.17

--- Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God - Eph.6: 10-17

God's preparing me for something, my spiritual spider senses are more than tingling!!! ... Something new is happening to me ... i've read the afore scriptures a thousand times before, but it's like i'm seeing them in a whole brighter light ... A fully clad in the armour of God saint can take up the Sword of God, and empowered by Holy Spirit, can be used of Him to do all that these scriptures promise ... Some might think i'm tripping out here, that it's only printed paper bound into a tome, but it's much, much more to me than that ... It's the Words of God, from which as PreachParsly eluded my faith stems from ... i've always had a Bible in my life, i can't remember a time when i didn't ... i reverence God, i reverence His Words, thereby i reverence His Book, and i treat my Bible with respect because for me it's a physical representation of Him ... Old Israel had it's ark, we got our Bible (and we all can touch it) ...

i was once asked if in a fire i could only save one material thing what would it be? ... i didn't even have to think about it, i said my Bible ... i've had it all my almost 30 years of saved life, it's full of markings and notations and lessons Holy Spirit has taught me over the years ... Would i lose my salvation or faith in Christ if it were ever lost or taken away? ... Of course not - but man would i sure miss it ... i love God, and i love my old Bible! ... :-D

2006/12/13 10:21Profile
Rahman

Re:

Bro Blake ...

One thing i've learned on SI ... If one feels led to post a thread every subsequent post becomes subject to Rom. 8:28 ... Everyone of the called led to it's reading will be affected by it to "good", whether we think so or not ...

i know your "warning/plea" post affected me to good because thru it Holy Spirit was able to show me other things that would not have come except by my reaction to your "warning/reply" ...

John 3:16 is my first favorite scripture, Rom. 8:28 is second ...

The love of Jesus in return bro! ... :-D

Bro R

2006/12/13 10:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy