SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer on Dating

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Paul Washer on Dating

[img]http://www.ladiesagainstfeminism.org/articles/violinist.jpg[/img]

[b]Dating Sermon[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=13918

I found this to be a excellent sermon on the subject of dating, marriage, godly courtship. Prepare to be challanged.

2006/12/6 0:52Profile
myfirstLove

Re: Paul Washer on Dating

this is a great sermon! i agree very much with paul washer.

young americans are very spoiled and immature, and it seems that it takes forever for boys to get to maturity, and girls too.

think of all the very young men in the bible that God used. hardly any young men are used today in america because they are spoiled.

i get persecuted a lot from families because i don't treat my 4 and 6 yr. old like babies. but, then i get so much compliments from them about how my kids are so well behaved and mature. just like paul washer, i don't have hobbies either, and i don't care for them because my kids are more important. whats so weird, i get persecuted for not having hobbies, but i think its because it convicts others of their selfish lifestyle, and child raising.

2006/12/6 2:05Profile

Re: excellent sermon

This is an excellent teaching on courtship and marriage. Brother Paul shares some very good principles that are often neglected in our culture. Young people would do well to take the time to hear this message.

2006/12/7 11:02
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Unfortunately, with my current internet connections, it is difficult to download sermons from SI....so I cannot give an opinion on this sermon, but am glad it is good.

Since the subject has to do with courtship/dating, I would like to recommend another resource from Ravi Zacharias (www.rzim.org): "I, Isaac, Take You Rebekah". I have listened to this CD several times and think it is wonderful. If you have a chance to acquire it, go for it. You will be blessed.

ginnyrose

2006/12/9 15:04Profile

good stuff! Who is this pastor Greg?

neil

2006/12/9 15:55
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
good stuff! Who is this pastor Greg?

He is a interant evangelist that has founded a missionary society: Heart Cry Missionary Society: www.heartcrymissionary.com

I have found the quality and purity of his message to be very fresh and inviting in these days of half-hearted unpure preaching of the truth. Paul Washer gives the truth without fear of men or to offend!

2006/12/9 16:29Profile
K_DAY

Ann Arbor, MI

Re:

Quote:
just like paul washer, i don't have hobbies either, and i don't care for them because my kids are more important

I don't think hobbies are necessarily ungodly, nor is it true that Paul Washer doesn't have hobbies. I have heard him talk a number of times in different sermons about how much he loves bow hunting, and eagerly waits for the opening day.

He does have an amazing dedication and committment to raising his children, which is very admirable. He told me personally, "I am a husband first, a father second, and if I have some time left over, I do some preaching."

Anyways I have listened to a number of Paul Washer sermons, including a couple on dating/courting and I am always moved and convicted. He is a no compromise type of guy. Refreshing in this day.

2006/12/9 17:34Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

kday, did i say that hobbies were ungodly? no. but, they do become sin when it gets in the way of your walk with God. many mothers have come to me all frantic on how to raise children. and you know why most of them are frantic? they have too many of their desires they don't want to put away, and they don't seek God.

do you have children? being a parent is a full time job. many mothers do not know how, and don't want to stay busy at home, but, rather be out gossiping with their neighbors and shopping and then they wonder why they don't have a lot of time to do things at home, and raise their children!. many mothers do not realize that motherhood comes with a cross, if you want godly children.

must be careful because hobbies are easily lead to idolatry. i've met many people with hobbies, and it consumes their life more than God.

i don't have hobbies because God won't allow me to have hobbies. i feel His burning conviction when i start looking at stuff to gratify my flesh. God knows i have an extreme personality. anyways, i don't have any desire for hobbies, i really don't care to have one. i've never had a hobby, believe it or not. the only hobby i had was using drugs, of corse this was when i was lost. every since i was a little girl, my interest was always the spiritual.

i do really enjoy cleaning the house, cooking, being with my children, making sure everything is in order when my husband gets home, so he can relax from a hards day work. i guess you can call that my hobbies :)

oh yeah, and i do enjoy sharpening each other on sermon index! i really enjoy true fellowship too, where its not just in the word, but with much prayer.

2006/12/9 19:21Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

the Lord just reminded me that i did use to have a hobby. it was planting flowers. i knew that God wanted me to stop. this hobbie really consume me. God convicted me many times with this hobby, and i would harden my heart, and then finally He sent something that got my attention.

i was in the middle of planting flowers oneday, and while i was digging a hole to place the flowers in, a clear thought out of the blue ran in my mind, so clear, and i KNEW without a doubt that this was from God. the words that ran into my mind was that a bee was going to sting me in the hand and this will be a sign that God is grieve, and that i need to lay this sin down. after this thought ended, surely enough, a bee came and stung me on the hand!

2006/12/9 19:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I think you are onto something here that is largely ignored in our time and age.

I see many young mothers who are so involved with hobbies they neglect to keep house well which means their house is a mess. But they have time for their hobbies.

Doing the basic things that make a house a home requires a lot of time and in doing so you will be teaching your children to be orderly, and resourceful. Your work can even become a hobby, if you please. You can enjoy cooking, baking or cleaning or get involved in crafts which contribute to the welfare of the family. (Read Proverbs 31. This woman just about makes me tired.) You can also be creative in doing the things needed to make the house a home. It does not have to be stark and bare but homey, a place where your husband and children will want to be.

Modern feminists who declare homemaking to not be intellectually challenging are the most ignorant of souls around! (I raised five children to adulthood and am still married to their dad for nearly 40 years! And we have 8 grands! :-))

ginnyrose

2006/12/10 17:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy