SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Wintess Encounter, Part 5

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

A Wintess Encounter, Part 5

I would like to share more of the many witness encounters that I have experienced this year, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7000 an hour!

PART 5

During the summer this year my father and I had the great privilege to spend two weeks witnessing and sharing the faith with one of our ministry associates, Vivien, in her part of the UK.

After a full day of travelling around, we decided to go out witnessing in the evenings, and one of the best locations to do this was her local park.

During this occasion, we came across Kerry, her partner and brother sitting on the grass enjoying the evening sunshine.

Vivien went over to them, with the help of her dog as an ice-breakers, and started the ball rolling. At first they polity told us they were not interested in what we had to say.

I probed a little into this decision of theirs and it soon transpired that Kerry had sadly lost her other brother to a hit and run driver only 15 months prior, and with the driver only getting a few months in prison, she was still sore with God.

I also learned that they were lapsed Catholics, so I knew this would help me if I was going to be able to witness to them (although this doesn't always help.)

After a few minutes of offering my condolences and just listening to some of her pain, I decided it was time to start witnessing. I don’t recall exactly what my opening line was but I was pleased that they were still listening to me.

As I got deeper into the Gospel, God’s 10 Commandments (which she happily did the good person test with me), she then stood up, walked quite near to me, put her hand over her eyes, to block the sun, and listened so intensely to every word I was telling her. I have never felt so thrilled to witness another person so interested and so respectful while I am presenting the plan of Salvation to them.

I now focused solely on Kerry, while her brother and partner only half paid attention to what I was saying.

(One tip I would share with other believers when sharing their faith, is ALWAYS get the name of the person you are speaking to.)

I also was given her son’s name, Liam and this was most helpful, because as the conversion progressed, I was able to use an analogy that hit a nerve with this mother, and I believe all mothers and fathers too. What I told Kerry was this: How would Liam feel if he wrote you 66 letters and you never bothered to read any of them? She said, “He’d be very upset.” I then switched it. How would you feel if you wrote him 66 letters and he also dismissed you. “I’d be very upset.” correct, I replied.

So how do you think God feels when we fail to read His word? A word written with the blood of His Prophets and Apostles, and most of all, the precious Blood of Christ? She was emotional when I said this as I knew she would be, but I needed to make this point.

Anyhow, after 30 mins of brilliant one-on-one witnessing, she shock my hand and I thanked each of them for allowing me to share the Gospel with them.

Just before I left, I leaned over to Kerry as said, “Sorry about your brother again”, and with that personal touch off we went to witness to our next person……

2006/12/5 8:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy