SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Call unto me

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Immanuel

Call unto me

Rev.J.Hudson Taylor tells us of a young man who had been called to the foreign field.He had not
been in the habit of preaching,but he knew one thing -- how to prevail God.Going one day to a
friend he said, "I don't see how God can use me on the field; I have no special talent." His friend said,"My brother, God wants men on the field who can pray.There are too many preachers now and too few pray-ers."He went.In his own room,in the early dawn a voice was heard weeping and pleading for souls. And often through the day,the shut door,and hush that prevailed made one feel like walking softly,for a soul was wrestling with God.

To his home hungry souls would flock,drawn by some irrestible power.In the morning hours some would call and say, "I have gone by your home and have longed to come in.Will you tell me how I can be saved?" or from some distant place another would call saying, "I heard you would tell us here how we might find heart-rest."

The mystery was unlocked. In the secret chamber lost souls were pleaded for and claimed.The Holy Ghost knew just where they were and sent them along.Mark this: If all who read these lines would just lay hold upon God with holy violence and unconquerable persistence of faith filled prayer,a good many things would give way against which we have been beating with our puny human wisdom and power in vain.The prayer-power has never been tried to it's full capacity in any church.If we want to see mighty wonders of divine grace and power wrought, in place of weakness, failure,and disappointment,let the whole church answer God's standing challenge: "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things,which thou knowest not" (Jer 33:3).WE MUST PRAY MORE.
----author

2006/12/4 8:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy