SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Spinning out of control?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re: Kenya

Barle,

Great burden, may the Lord open the doors for your vision to become reality.

2006/12/4 11:30Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

If we are in that track of falling away today which I think we are....then, is there an after falling away...is there a return?????

Great falling is a great book, I read it years ago, but what is the end result to the falling away....is it just over from there?????????

2006/12/4 11:44Profile
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re: Spinning out of control?

Brentw,

What amazes me so much about all this is that those in the apostasizing church are blind to their direction. There is no reality check. No questioning. If the pastor says the teaching is correct, then who am I to question? It reminds me of Pilgrims Progress where Christian and Hopeful get off the narrow way for the more comfortable road, not knowing that the road led to the Giant Despair. Thing is these tolerant 'Christians' cannot tolerate anyone quoting them scripture. Why? Because they are guilty!

2006/12/4 11:45Profile

Re:

The problem today is that Christianity in the US has become a culture. A sub-culture, really. We have our own music, our own magazines, our own TV, our own T-shirts, our own video games, etc etc...

This, however, is not Christianity. Instead of discipling new converts, we introduce them to Christian music, Christian novels, Christian T-shirts, etc. I bet not even 5% of the people in this country who call themselves "Christians" even opened their Bibles today. But I bet 95% of them listened to a Christian CD or listened to Christian radio today.

The devil is very good at creating diversions, and once you become a Christian you get introduced to a whole new set of diversions.

Krispy

2006/12/4 11:48
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

May the Lord God open our eyes before its too late. Surely there is a great famine of the true word of God in America. May the church of Jesus Christ wake up before it's swept away into hell.

I listened to Carter Conlon's sermon entitled "Run For Your Life" the other day and would others to listen to it [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1724]Run For Your Life[/url]

2006/12/4 12:03Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: Kenya

Quote:
I'm gonna find the nastiest dirtiest garbage dump in the third world, I'm gonna go

Could I hitch a ride :-D

2006/12/4 12:13Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

I think krispy is right...he usually is ;-)
I think its a numbers game today...how many raised their hands, how much money came in, how many sq. feet, how many people in Sunday school or in the sanctuary, how many helped or served....

I had a "christian" tell me recently all her devotions is listening to k-love the radio station in the morning....like krispy said.

But is there an end to the falling away??

2006/12/4 12:20Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I wonder if we are not in a time like the time our Lord first came into? A false religious system that is not based upon the prescence of God, the religious leaders striking down those who would say, "this is wrong" or "God is not in this!"
We must make sure to guard ourselves against pride and arrogance, yet at the same time knowing there is a remnant, and God willing we are a part of it.

2006/12/4 12:35Profile

Roaringlamb

Quote:
Could I hitch a ride

Praise God!!! yes yes yes.

I believe I still got 2 more years work here, but I'm building bridges, and feel a burden for Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya and Cambodia.

Its the Aids orphans that need the Lord and they need love, care, food and schooling..same thing with Cambodia....

a ticket to Kigali Rwanda is about 2k, so I want to do a short term and check out the need, there's people on the ground already, ie..Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda, prayer must be endeavoured upon so that one is led to the right places, and to be under submission to those already labouring in the field....here's the thing as I see it, evangelism and benevolence go hand in hand, you get me? Its a Matthew 25 ministry, (and Isaiah 58)

anyway...please, feel free to PM me, so we can connect our threads, and pray on this matter.

I'm telling ya, one or two saints CAN make a world of difference, but preferably two.....lol.

Hey, why do you think I'm praying for a mate? I want to adopt a couple of African aids orphans, be their daddy....but every daddy needs a momma, or it dont work.

Glory to God.

neil

2006/12/4 15:09

NLONG

Thank you for your prayers, I treasure them and ponder them in my heart.

neil

2006/12/4 15:11

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy