SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Spinning out of control?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

Spinning out of control?

Is it me or is the church on a FAST track going in the wrong direction. I've never known so much lack of concern for the direction of the church...

For awhile it seemed it was a slow thing inching forward towards something other than the what its suppost to be?

But now the throttle has opened up to full go....going further into left field. If its left you know its not right!
She seems to be spinning out of control.

How will it stop....or maybe it will stop at the end of things?

2006/12/3 19:53Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Spinning out of control?

Brother,
What is called the church is little more then a social club using Biblical words to make it sound a tad bit religious; duping people all over the place...making them feel good with their feel-good doctrines which dismiss sin as being archaic. If you confront them about sin you will be called Pharisaical or worse. Jesus promises us we will be persecuted and in turn you will be blessed (Matthew 5:11-12)...so get prepared because it will occur at the most unexpected places.

Sorry I can not be more optimistic....

ginnyrose

2006/12/3 22:21Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Quote:
What is called the church is little more then a social club using Biblical words to make it sound a tad bit religious; duping people all over the place...making them feel good with their feel-good doctrines which dismiss sin as being archaic. If you confront them about sin you will be called Pharisaical or worse. Jesus promises us we will be persecuted and in turn you will be blessed (Matthew 5:11-12)...so get prepared

Are you saying most of what is called the church in the evangelical is not the church in the least bit....what about the remnant within? I'm not saying I disagree with you at all...
Someone once said that the ones walking the narrow road are the ones within is called the church...and the broad walkers surround those who walk the narrow way.
But so many who are Gods elect dont know any different except they walk a different walk. Maybe I'm not making any sense here...

2006/12/3 23:56Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Being without revival this long in America...have we gone to far to see it again. We've never gone this long before.

Has there ever been a nation like ours to go without revival for so long and then return once again??
Paul Ravenhill once said in affect he believed we will see a return but it would be the end of things what we know it to be.
I know theres always hope in Christ so I need to stay positive.

2006/12/4 0:09Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well I guess I need a little enlightening here, aren't we the Church? if so that wouldn't that make us all guilty of this? Now to say that some of the Pastors of the Churches have begun to loose it I could understand this, but when anyone is speaking of the Church in any way good or bad that would include us but maybe not all of us would be equally guilty, like someone mentioned already some may be taking the narrow path and some the wide path.

2006/12/4 0:32Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is it me or is the church on a FAST track going in the wrong direction. I've never known so much lack of concern for the direction of the church...

I was in a church this morning and the amongst the flashy seeker sensitive tv screens, flashing lights, and background music there was a 2 minute reality check where the pastor stated that we needed to be broken for revival to come and its the churches greatest need. He almost sounded like he believed it! but on after that back into the "form" of how we think church should be now.

I believe many pastors have a concern but it is quickly clouded over by job security, keeping the congregation, and lack of desire to truly be broken in their lifes.

I felt a overwhelming sense of the "lostness" of the church this morning in "church'! We desperately need true prophets to arise and speak against the monstrosity called the "evangelical" church that has formed. We need a George Whitefield or George Fox to arise and bring "THE WORD OF THE LORD" to America and Canada.

I just wrote this article on whitefield that is timely:

[b]THE APOSTOLIC WHITEFIELD! by Greg Gordon[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13654&forum=16

I am beginning to truly believe we are in the age of the "great falling away" and "doctrines of demons" I was just reading a book called the "Great Falling Away" by Milton Green and then I came to this forum thread! here is what I was reading:

-----

[b]1 - The Alarming Condition of the Church Today[/b]

We are now in the time of the great falling away: "Let no man decieve you by any means: for that day (the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ) shall not come, except there come a falling away first." (2 Thess. 2:30).

"Falling away" simply means that people turn away from faith in God and begin trusting other things. These other things become idols in their hearts, "golden calfs" which they depend upon to lead them through this life and then into heaven.

People who have fallen away begin [b]calling something church that is not church[/b]. They begin [b]calling people Christians who are not Christians[/b]. Almost every funeral service is preached today as though the person who died has gone to heaven. But the Bible says, "straight is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth to life, and few there be that find it." (Matt. 7:14).

----

EMPHASIZE: People who have fallen away begin [b]calling something church that is not church[/b]. They begin [b]calling people Christians who are not Christians[/b].

I think that is A VERY IMPORTANT TRUTH and a key to understanding the great falling away. It is not a obvious thing for many are decieved.

James 1:22!!! he who has ears let him hear.

2006/12/4 0:40Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Lately I have felt so out of touch with just about anything "christian". It seems at times when I look at Scripture and then at what passes as Christianity, I feel as though I am the only one seeing the discrepency(I know I'm not;-) ) . It has begun to cause problems as I try to aask, and show others the deficit. Though always in love, even then it is not taken well.
It makes me pray alot more!! But I sometimes feel like I am losing my mind. People are so fascinated with the pragmatism of everything that they don't stop to ask if it is pleasing to God?
We are in for some bumpy times brethren, and as I have said in the past, I am so grateful for this Oasis of like minded folks in the midst of a generation of apostasy.

2006/12/4 1:01Profile

Kenya

I'm watching Christiane Amanpour reporting from Kenya, "Where have all the Parents gone", a story about tens of thousands of Aids orphans, hungry and unloved, poor dirty and desperate, and we sit here on this forum, becrying the fact that we "don't have revival", or that "our churches are on a fast track to apostasy".

We're too fat, and secure for revival, we're too spoiled and confused for revival. Tell you what brethern, I have responsibilities to others right this second, but at the first chance I'm breaking away, and I'm gonna find the nastiest dirtiest garbage dump in the third world, I'm gonna go in the Power and the Leading of the Lord, I'm gonna build a big hall, build lots of bunks, get lots of Bibles, ship in food, walk in love and have 100 children who depend on me while I depend on the Lord, and as He leads me, we will have a revival amongst the least and little of these.

Find me the scorned, the unloved, the dirty, the hurting the desperate, those who have been broken, meek humble poor in spirit, and we will find revival. Thats my burden, thats my prayer.

and He will answer.

but it won't be here in America.

2006/12/4 2:41
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Lately I have felt so out of touch with just about anything "christian".

I can relate to this, as well as the other concerns and feelings shared below.

Blessings brethren.

Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.

MC

2006/12/4 2:46Profile
adamdawkins

Re:

Quote:
We need a George Whitefield or George Fox to arise and bring "THE WORD OF THE LORD" to America and Canada.

...and the UK :)

2006/12/4 10:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy