SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Witness Encounter, Part 3

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

A Witness Encounter, Part 3

Fred was a die hard hyper-Calvinist. He was in his late 60s when I first met him. He had an argumentative and bitter spirit and would love to defend his philosophy we me and others whenever he could. However, he had no zeal or desire to ever witness to lost people, something he criticised us for whenever we would visit his town to preach.

I last saw Fred in November 05. I had photocopied a 20 page document on Calvinism to show him some weeks prior, with the hope of getting him to see the dangers of following this 16th century system, and get busy for God. Some weeks passed until I would see him again. I of course wanted to find out if he had read it and what he thought. He had no comments or feedback for me.

This was very disappointing and yet worse was to come. This week I got word that Fred had died some months ago. The first thing that came into my mind was what a waste of a life. Fred loved going to the cinema everyday and enjoying his pub lunches (he never gave a tract out in his life.) All who knew him believe he was saved but I never saw any real fruit in him, so I really wonder if he was saved!

Charles Spurgeon, however, understood men like Fred well, when he penned the following:

"Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you are not saved yourself. Be sure of that."

www.excatholicsforchrist.com

2006/12/3 10:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy