SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Witness Encounter, Part 2

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

A Witness Encounter, Part 2

If there is one group of people that the church rarely takes the time to witness to it would be the cults.

Yesterday I had the chance to spend 40 mins talking to one Dutch Mormon missionary, who was very sweet and most genuine.

I told her how I had been saved from organised religion (Catholic) and that if she wanted to, she too could be saved from her religion.

Because Mormonism and Catholicism are very similar (work righteousness) I took the time to bring this to her attention.

She insisted on more than one occasion that only men in her church, and only "selected ones" at that, were able to call themselves priests.

I cited 1 Pet. 2:9 and Rev. 1:5 to refute this and Gal. 3:28.

(Discrimination has long been a problem for Mormons, for until the 1970s, black people were not allowed to be missionaries/priesthood. That was finally abolished after pressure from the US government. I told her she too was now being discriminated for being a woman. Also worth noting is the fact that some cults (JWs for example) are prohibited from taking any literature from "apostates", so its always worth asking a cultist is they are allowed to read what one gives them or do they need to seek permission from their "superiors", otherwise they will be polite in taking what you give them, only to bin ones material later.)

I gave her the clear plan of Salvation (repentance and faith in Jesus alone) and she listened very intensely.

As we parted company I gave her my tract and she gave me a beautiful and very expensive colour brochure (her religion is one of the most wealthiest in the world.)

Please pray for this Mormon who has only ever known her false religion, and is trusting in them/her good works to save her.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Eph. 2:8, 9.)

Love in Christ,

James
www.excatholicsforchrist.com

2006/12/3 10:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy